ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Students Demand Greater Mascot Diversity

Why doesn't Julie (a woman) just make a quick statement that while the school appreciates this small student groups opinion Rutgers Athletics isn't changing it's mascot. End of story! But the school lets this make the media rounds over and over again.

I swear I thought this was a joke. I'm a liberal and I'm aghast at this kind of crap. Maybe we should just paint the face on the Scarlet Knight, say, Scarlet, and then it won't be white any more - or we could make it a ROYGBIV rainbow face. We could also make it an anatomically correct tranny-SK, with all the various sex organs proudly displayed for all to see.

Why doesn't Julie (a woman) just make a quick statement that while the school appreciates this small student groups opinion Rutgers Athletics isn't changing it's mascot. End of story! But the school lets this make the media rounds over and over again.

If she did that , then it would become a RU AD insensitive to diversity issue.
Sometimes it's better to let an issue die , rather than make it into a bigger issue.
This diversity subject can be used to go after Rutgers if they agree to have Scarlet Knights in White Satin or Scarlet Knights of the Round table.
Someone will make an issue if their choice isn't picked as the answer .
giphy.gif

ABC News New York Wednesday 6:10 pm just announced theywill have a piece on this nonsense.
In the report they gave a JH response:

"...we will be glad to discuss these ideas with them."

Last edited:
ABC News New York Wednesday 6:10 pm just announced theywill have a piece on this nonsense.

They just ran the piece. Toni Yates interviewed random students and all basically said it was a bad idea. One girl even said that they just got the mascot redone for the B!G and to have multiple mascots would be a waste of money. The sane minds have spoken, and on ABC News.

How about The Queen's Men (old RU name). Oh wait. Gender specific. Then how about The Queenies. That should make some people happy.

she already did but the media thinks the story has legs

i can't believe the attention we are getting. we really are in the media capital of the world. anything RU matters, i guess.

Does anyone know if this is a real story or is it some sort of a delayed April fools joke? I feel like I'm being punked.

"The Rutgers University Student Assembly has voted to add a team of new, diverse school mascots — which could include a black mascot, a Latino mascot, a female mascot, and a “third-gender” mascot — just to make sure they’re being fair to everyone.

Right now, the school’s only mascot is a white male, and that just “does not seem right,” according to Emmet Brennan, student assembly parliamentarian."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...nority-gender-nonconforming-mascots-katherine

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/04/rutgers-students-demand-greater-mascot-diversity/
I'm

Bill O'Reilly just did a spot on this issue during his "Miller Time" with Dennis Miller this evening. It followed a segment about intolerance in Iran. Miller and O'Reilly commented something to the effect that they did not know which stance was more ridiculous

Why is the "human being" wearing a white suit? Would never work.

And another thing ... since when is the purpose of a mascot to represent the "diversity of the student body"? Or even represent the students at all?

It's just a mascot people! Nothing more .. nothing less.

Does the Georgia bulldog "represent" the students of Georgia? How about that pine tree that runs around the sidelines of Stanford games? Or the wolverine of Michigan?

What about something inanimate? Would we then have to worry about what kind of atom it is? Positive or negative charge? How about the Rutgers DNA?

bart_simpson___springfield_atoms_by_td4six1961-d5ygnxs.jpg

well if everything is going to be equal, will there be a white confederate knight?... i mean they are people too... and we'll need a black panther blocking voters in philly knight.. oh and a handicap knight in a wheelchair

Because a small group got her her job Duh!

We could resurrect a translucent, asexual version of that Syracuse "dot-thing". Of course, we would have to change our name to the Rutgers non-Scarlet non-Knights so as not to offend any person, color, occupation, etc.

I'll admit that I waste a few minutes every couple of days reading and posting to these forums, but people protesting this nonsense clearly have too much time on their hands.

You know, now that I've thought about this. I support it. Let the students come up with their separate mascots "representing" the different interest groups. That would be comical. How do you create a caricature mascot representing an Asian, a black, a transgendered, or a gay WITHOUT invoking several stereotypes?

I want to be there front & center when these guys shoot themselves in the foot unveiling a large foam bearded guy in a dress with Asian & black features. It would be the ultimate racist mascot, brought to you buy the people who see racism in everything.

Reactions: RUtix4me
You know, now that I've thought about this. I support it. Let the students come up with their separate mascots "representing" the different interest groups. That would be comical. How do you create a caricature mascot representing an Asian, a black, a transgendered, or a gay WITHOUT invoking several stereotypes?

I want to be there front & center when these guys shoot themselves in the foot unveiling a large foam bearded guy in a dress with Asian & black features. It would be the ultimate racist mascot, brought to you buy the people who see racism in everything.

I like that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT