ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Saudi Golf League

One article says it’s 25% of his earnings during his 4 biggest winning years. $40 million was for only 4 years. Guy has lost a boatload more than that over time and just sold his jet because he didn’t have cash to keep it.
That’s 25% gross which means 50% net. You can’t write off gambling losses

One article says it’s 25% of his earnings during his 4 biggest winning years. $40 million was for only 4 years. Guy has lost a boatload more than that over time and just sold his jet because he didn’t have cash to keep it.
Actually when I read the article again, I realized after taxes he would have broken even in those 4 years. No wonder why he wants the Saudi league so bad. Phil is killing his legacy and I see a bad future for him if he continues down this path.

Reactions: GSGS
This will kill the Ryder Cup and the Presidents Cup. Also, majors may lose their importance.
Can Phil ever captain the RC or PC?
Why wouldn't China create their own international golf league?

Looks like PGA is for America.
Saudi League for Europeans, Australians, disaffected Americans with gambling problems and ex-President.
China League is for Asians and second tier American and European golfers.
This is going to be the new World Order of Golf.

• Haha
Reactions: scripts
This will kill the Ryder Cup and the Presidents Cup. Also, majors may lose their importance.
Can Phil ever captain the RC or PC?
Why wouldn't China create their own international golf league?

Looks like PGA is for America.
Saudi League for Europeans, Australians, disaffected Americans with gambling problems and ex-President.
China League is for Asians and second tier American and European golfers.
This is going to be the new World Order of Golf.
I don't think so. As long as the TV networks and golf industry support the US Tour it will always be the gold standard and foreign players will continue to flock here. If anyone gets hurt by the saudi league it will be the Euro Tour.

I don't think so. As long as the TV networks and golf industry support the US Tour it will always be the gold standard and foreign players will continue to flock here. If anyone gets hurt by the saudi league it will be the Euro Tour.
agreed... the prestige does and will remain in PGA US Tour...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT