ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Streaming March Madness in Europe

bostonknight11

Freshman
Sep 13, 2012
The NCAA.com March Madness streaming is geo-restricted, and not available here in Europe. Anyone know any ways around this? Or ways to stream the games in general?

(I know this occasionally comes up as a topic around here, but I never really read those because it wasn't applicable to me at the time. Sorry about the redundancy, and thanks for the help!)

Swiss Rutgers fan here:

VPN. I use a pay service called HMA Pro. Works much better than the free browser add-ons (ex. HOLA).There are always "Streaming" sites. Quality is pretty poor though (Roja Directa, First Row, etc

Originally posted by onesimus:
Swiss Rutgers fan here:

VPN. I use a pay service called HMA Pro. Works much better than the free browser add-ons (ex. HOLA).There are always "Streaming" sites. Quality is pretty poor though (Roja Directa, First Row, etc
Thanks! Is that something that can be quickly/easily set up while already in Europe?

Originally posted by bostonknight11: Thanks! Is that something that can be quickly/easily set up while already in Europe?
Yes to both.
The first one is a program you download, but you need to sign up first. The others are sites that you just access through your browser, but be aware these are chock full of spam and popups, so I suggest you access them using a pop-up blocker first.

My rec, is AdBlock Plus.

Originally posted by bostonknight11: Thanks! Is that something that can be quickly/easily set up while already in Europe?
Yes to both.
The first one is a program you download, but you need to sign up first. The others are sites that you just access through your browser, but be aware these are chock full of spam and popups, so I suggest you access them using a pop-up blocker first.

My rec, is AdBlock Plus.
Adblock plus is a must and YOU NEVER ever need a new PLUGIN,,,regardless of how many times they say you do.,dont click on it....if you Google specific games you will find about 2 dozen free sites

Originally posted by mikefla:

Yes to both.

My rec, is AdBlock Plus.
Adblock plus is a must and YOU NEVER ever need a new PLUGIN,,,regardless of how many times they say you do.,dont click on it....if you Google specific games you will find about 2 dozen free sites
Thanks guys! I think I'll go the route of VPN, so I can have the full March Madness portal thing in front of me instead of shady FirstRowSports types sites.

Do you have a company laptop? Most companies have VPN for work for home. I work for a Swiss company with a large presence in NJ and with their VPN you can select location. Pick a US site and you are all set.

Or just find a sports bar. I watched March madness a few years ago from a Mexican restaurant located an hour outside Frankfort Germany. They had satellite to watch South American futbol
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by PRH_RU:
Do you have a company laptop? Most companies have VPN for work for home. I work for a Swiss company with a large presence in NJ and with their VPN you can select location. Pick a US site and you are all set.

Or just find a sports bar. I watched March madness a few years ago from a Mexican restaurant located an hour outside Frankfort Germany. They had satellite to watch South American futbol
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I have work laptop where I can log into my remote machine, but they limit streaming media to one hour per day in 10 minute increments... I opted to drop $8 for a month's worth of IPVanish VPN software... Seems to work.. It'll do the trick for the next two weeks. Thanks for the help everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT