ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Taylor Swift's Updated "All Too Well" on SNL

Taylor Swift has always been the

Taylor Swift as always been the real deal and some small-minded people cannot handle that. With so much fakeness in the music industry you'd think she'd be a refreshing alternative but some people are so invested in how they brand themselves in relation to music... it is sad.
If you’re grouping me with crowd you’re mad at, I think you have me confused with the others.

As I said in the first line I like her stuff. And think she is a big talent.

But just because I’m not a fan (along with a lot of others out there - not even in the thread) of how she seems to use her past relationships for songs don’t put be down in the thread killer category.

I'm more of an Adele type of gal. Anyone watch with their wives? Alone? MAGA's? Ello? Anyone?
Her performance was freakin amazing....

Reactions: RC1991 and RU848789
If you’re grouping me with crowd you’re mad at, I think you have me confused with the others.

As I said in the first line I like her stuff. And think she is a big talent.

But just because I’m not a fan (along with a lot of others out there - not even in the thread) of how she seems to use her past relationships for songs don’t put be down in the thread killer category.
What else does she have to write about? I know nothing about her other than her failed relationship with John Mayer, and now Jake Gyllenhaal (which I had no previous knowledge about), but after so many failed relationships, one can surmise the issue is with her. Jake G says he is a private individual, and unfortunately, he has become tabloid fodder. Seems kind of vindictive on her part, but as I asked in the first line, she probably has nothing else to write about. Not sure if she is political and writes about politics or current events, but there are a lot of music fans that don't want to listen to political music (although there are a lot who do like that too).

I can't believe I have gotten sucked into a morning discussion of the psychology of bullies of Taylor Swift fans and her relationships on a beautiful morning as the sun is rising over the red rocks of Sedona. I need to call a therapist. Oh crap, I should not admit that here, as it is a sign of weakness, and I might get bullied. 😏

Reactions: Jm0513
Long ago, I blocked signatures, so I don't know about that. Last post on this, I highly doubt they are busting #'s balls because of his politics, but I could be wrong. Agree again that hopeful they STFU and stick to ball busting on the CE board. Incidentally, aside from not seeing the value in being a paying member here, the CE board is a close second for a reason why I would not pay to be a premium member.

I'm confused how a grown man comes to a football message board and tells people how much he loves Taylor Swift. But then again, you know what type of music I listen to.

Long ago, I blocked signatures, so I don't know about that. Last post on this, I highly doubt they are busting #'s balls because of his politics, but I could be wrong. Agree again that hopeful they STFU and stick to ball busting on the CE board. Incidentally, aside from not seeing the value in being a paying member here, the CE board is a close second for a reason why I would not pay to be a premium member.
Agree as well!

Six Flags Over Georgia has a long-running comedy wild west show ("Shenaniguns!") that is a must-see if you like terrible jokes and bad acting. One of the gags for a few years was the deputy reading the sheriff's badge as saying, "I love Taylor Swift!", which the sheriff adamantly denies. Cue up the "Shake it Off!" song, and the sheriff can't stop himself from dancing along while still scowling. It was funny. I haven't been to the park in a couple of years so I don't know if they've dropped that from the script yet.

As an occasional outside observer of the political stuff that inevitably seems to weave it’s way into threads I appreciate that there’s history/factions/etc. And, I don’t pay close enough attention that I can speak to how particular posters are treated by other posters.

With that said, this thread is great. We have grown adult men professing on a football message board that they’re Swifties. How random. Haha. And she can be as talented as the day is long, which she is, but if that doesn’t invite some busting what does these days?

I'm confused how a grown man comes to a football message board and tells people how much he loves Taylor Swift. But then again, you know what type of music I listen to.

Are you saying you wear a dress as you prance around in the mosh pit? Not that there is anything wrong with that. I do that so I don't get a total beatdown in the pit. Don't enjoy all the arse-grabbing though.

....a week late but need to man-up this thread:

Happy Belated 50th Anniversary of the great Zep IV:
61842d80b84d2.image.jpg

Led Zeppelin IV
50th Anniversary
The album was a commercial and critical success and is Led Zeppelin's best-selling, shipping over 37 million copies worldwide. It is one of the best-selling albums in the US, while critics have regularly placed it highly on lists of the greatest albums of all time.
  • Monday, November 8th, 2021 Marks the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin IV
  • Led Zeppelin IV is one of the best-selling albums of all time. It’s sold 37 million copies worldwide.
  • The album—which is officially untitled—defined the sound of rock music for a generation with ubiquitous anthems such as "Stairway To Heaven, " "Rock And Roll, " "Black Dog, " and (blues remake) "When The Levee Breaks. “
  • Led Zeppelin IV was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999
  • Check out Led Zeppelin IV and more at Led Zeppelin.com

Six Flags Over Georgia has a long-running comedy wild west show ("Shenaniguns!") that is a must-see if you like terrible jokes and bad acting. One of the gags for a few years was the deputy reading the sheriff's badge as saying, "I love Taylor Swift!", which the sheriff adamantly denies. Cue up the "Shake it Off!" song, and the sheriff can't stop himself from dancing along while still scowling. It was funny. I haven't been to the park in a couple of years so I don't know if they've dropped that from the script yet.
I remember back as a kid there was a Saturday morning kids game show called "shenanigans" that I absolutely loved. Jump out of bed , grab the cocoa puffs, lucky charms, or trix and just glue myself to the set waiting.
(doing my best to steer this away lol!)

lol..Time Bomb!! Yeah, that would go over well these days.

Well.. clearly the people who are in that group know who they are when they read my message. And "mad" is not quite right... "opposed to".. that's better. I can be opposed to an argument they make or even their motivation (that I assume or imagine) for making such an argument.

I like the decades approach, but this is the thread closer, lol. Here are songs that can still send me into a frenzy from each decade...

1960s: The Who's My Generation

1970s: The Clash's London Calling

1980s: Dramarama's Anything, Anything

1990s: Rage Against the Machine's Killing in the Name

2000s: White Stripes' Fell In Love With A Girl

2010s: Cloud Nothings' Stay Useless

2020s: Surf Curse's Freaks (even though it was released in 2013, it didn't hit big until last year, via Tik Tok)

Do you actually only listen to one type of music? While my go-to music is punk-alternative-indie, as per my quoted post above, which I assume establishes enough "manly" cred, I also like classic rock, R&B, soul, electronic, hip-hop, and yes, some pop. Maybe expand your musical horizons a bit.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well.. clearly the people who are in that group know who they are when they read my message. And "mad" is not quite right... "opposed to".. that's better. I can be opposed to an argument they make or even their motivation (that I assume or imagine) for making such an argument.
I’m not in that group.

Talent…big time.

A little weird…yep. But aren’t all artists a little off in their own way to begin with.

Last edited:
....a week late but need to man-up this thread:

Happy Belated 50th Anniversary of the great Zep IV:
61842d80b84d2.image.jpg

Led Zeppelin IV
50th Anniversary
The album was a commercial and critical success and is Led Zeppelin's best-selling, shipping over 37 million copies worldwide. It is one of the best-selling albums in the US, while critics have regularly placed it highly on lists of the greatest albums of all time.
  • Monday, November 8th, 2021 Marks the 50th anniversary of Led Zeppelin IV
  • Led Zeppelin IV is one of the best-selling albums of all time. It’s sold 37 million copies worldwide.
  • The album—which is officially untitled—defined the sound of rock music for a generation with ubiquitous anthems such as "Stairway To Heaven, " "Rock And Roll, " "Black Dog, " and (blues remake) "When The Levee Breaks. “
  • Led Zeppelin IV was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 1999
  • Check out Led Zeppelin IV and more at Led Zeppelin.com
413478f57dc0bb8f39e94a2ae550c59c.jpg

I'm more of an Adele type of gal. Anyone watch with their wives? Alone? MAGA's? Ello? Anyone?
Her performance was freakin amazing....
I watched all on my own while doing my nails - probably shoud've started a separate thread on it to see if I could make certain posters' heads explode, lol. Adele is an incredible talent and I thought some of the songs were superb, but I'll admit I got a bit bored by the sameness of the songs selected - basically all kind of bombastic power ballads meant to show off her vocal range. Of course, I was also flipping back and forth with the Chiefs-Raiders game (to keep my testosterone levels from falling too much), so I missed "Rolling in the Deep" which I think would've been the only up-tempo song in the set.

Do you actually only listen to one type of music? While my go-to music is punk-alternative-indie, as per my quoted post above, which I assume establishes enough "manly" cred, I also like classic rock, R&B, soul, electronic, hip-hop, and yes, some pop. Maybe expand your musical horizons a bit.
Classic rock and rhythm and blues beyond metal, hard rock, punk. Just can't get into most popular music, especially today's, which mostly seems devoid of talent. Don't know or care enough about Taylor Swift to put her in that category. The two most out of place bands/artists I can think of that I like/liked are Whitney Houston and the Go Gos.

Reactions: bac2therac
I was classically trained in wood instruments and then switched over to guitar. I love thrash and metal but like club music too. I will listen to other genres of music but pop is way down the list for me along with country.

They got the wrong Zeppelin album in the movie. Kashmir was on Physical Graffiti.
Are you saying Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going to California and When the Levee Breaks are not makeout songs? Those songs sound like a sound track to my high school dating life.

Actually, Led Zeppelin II side one is probably the ultimate make out album side:
Whole Lotta Love
What is and what should never be
The Lemon Song 👍👍
Thank you! 😂

Are you saying Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going to California and When the Levee Breaks are not makeout songs? Those songs sound like a sound track to my high school dating life.

Actually, Led Zeppelin II side one is probably the ultimate make out album side:
Whole Lotta Love
What is and what should never be
The Lemon Song 👍👍
Thank you! 😂
No, just saying they played Kashmir in the movie which was on Physical Graffiti, not Led Zeppelin IV

They got the wrong Zeppelin album in the movie. Kashmir was on Physical Graffiti.
Yep, that always bothered me - while Fast Times is a classic, it was sloppy filmmaking to get that wrong. Black Dog would've been a much better pick for the film, IMO - or change the dialogue to mention Kashmir if that's the song they wanted to use.

It is a little strange even by today’s standards. What I found funny reading some of the postings is the politics angle still being played up by several. The Bullies aspect and those supposed adults using a term which basically is from one’s childhood is sad. I find your appreciation of the younger female artist acceptable though most over age 55 would perhaps not be as receptive of your feelings. Nothing wrong with dreaming a bit I suppose.

That ‘s great but when you say , “ this may surprise” …. Anyone who is a participant of this board should NOT be surprised by your admission. Now you are somewhat younger than me and you love musical talent we appreciate that. It wouldn’t have anything to do with her looks would it?
Actually, I liked her music before I ever saw her (she wasn't all over every medium when she first came out), but it certainly didn't hurt that she was pretty and talented.

Reactions: RUBOB72
Yep, that always bothered me - while Fast Times is a classic, it was sloppy filmmaking to get that wrong. Black Dog would've been a much better pick for the film, IMO - or change the dialogue to mention Kashmir if that's the song they wanted to use.
Maybe, maybe not---goofy dork Mark Ratner had no clue about Led Zep lol and put anything on ---or they weren't at the "point" for Zep IV.

R.6f81ac8d3ff10cf9f9beb63cc801557d

iirc 2 different scenes--Kashmir was playing on the car radio, but yes that's a cool fun fact.

Zep still ruled rock music for another decade at least after breaking up in 1980 when Bonzo died.
I'm still pissed about him dying for my then 18-year old self's very selfish reason - we had tickets to see Zep when he died, and I hadn't seen them yet and obviously never did.

Actually, I liked her music before I ever saw her (she wasn't all over every medium when she first came out), but it certainly didn't hurt that she was pretty and talented.
For me she is an extremely talented lady…Gaga is another ultra and extremely talented woman… In my younger days 50’s - early 60’s loved Shakira another super talented and HOT lady. I completely understand you enjoying the arts. Keep up the good work and let’s root Rutgers to victory on Saturday.

Thread closer right there and one of the greatest punk songs ever.
Greg Ginn is a genius. But talk about a person who was difficult to get along with. He's old and a strange dude, but maybe Taylor Swift could date him and she could write a song about that. That's one I might listen to. Never got to see the real Black Flag live. But did catch the Rollins Band performance of the West Memphis Three album at Irving Plaza in NYC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT