ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Taylor Swift's Updated "All Too Well" on SNL

Fair point about Ratner not knowing Zep, but he's nothing if not observant and I think he would've followed instructions - I still think it was just a gaffe.
Seems improbable with Cameron Crowe, who is a huge rock fan and wound up marrying Nancy Wilson, who made a cool cameo in the movie. But certainly possible.
Did Brian Backer's (Ratner) career fizzle out, or did he decide to retire? Sparse work after 1999, and last appearance in 2012.

Greg Ginn is a genius. But talk about a person who was difficult to get along with. He's old and a strange dude, but maybe Taylor Swift could date him and she could write a song about that. That's one I might listen to. Never got to see the real Black Flag live. But did catch the Rollins Band performance of the West Memphis Three album at Irving Plaza in NYC.
The mortgage guy that sponsors this site?😎

Reactions: Knight Shift
The mortgage guy that sponsors this site?😎
The guy from Black Flag, also the founder of SST records, and he began an electronics company in Hermosa Beach, California, called Solid State Tuners, when he was 12 years old and an amateur radio operator.
images
A-252924-1492343939-7406.jpeg.jpg

The guy on this site-a home financing genius.

Seems improbable with Cameron Crowe, who is a huge rock fan and wound up marrying Nancy Wilson, who made a cool cameo in the movie. But certainly possible.
Did Brian Backer's (Ratner) career fizzle out, or did he decide to retire? Sparse work after 1999, and last appearance in 2012.

Wacko Sean Penn went straight downhill after his virtuoso Spicoli performance. I think the girls growed-up nicely.😎

DebutedNudeScenes12.jpg

R.64bcf11e04c2ca2c104f3def3b40e44d

Is there a correlation between liking the singer of "All Too Well" and liking your steaks "all too well" done?

Are you saying Misty Mountain Hop, Four Sticks, Going to California and When the Levee Breaks are not makeout songs? Those songs sound like a sound track to my high school dating life.

Actually, Led Zeppelin II side one is probably the ultimate make out album side:
Whole Lotta Love
What is and what should never be
The Lemon Song 👍👍
Thank you! 😂
Just a heads up, but the ultimate makeout song is and always will be Prince's International Lover off of the 1999 album.

Get outta here--for their Spectrum concert?
Yep. My best friend's older brother worked for the Spectrum ticket office, so from about 77 to 80, we often got free tix to some of the best classic rock shows there: Yes (3x), Genesis (2x), the Who, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO, Supertramp, Tom Petty and more I'm sure I've forgotten.

Okay folks, cleaned out the political garbage, so let's keep it on track.
No issue deleting the political stuff, but you deleted my reasoned response to Cali's original troll post, but kept his post up (and a few other troll posts)? C'mon, if you're gonna moderate, then really take out the trash from the trolls, too.

No issue deleting the political stuff, but you deleted my reasoned response to Cali's original troll post, but kept his post up (and a few other troll posts)? C'mon, if you're gonna moderate, then really take out the trash from the trolls, too.
Which posts? I thought I got them all.

Yep. My best friend's older brother worked for the Spectrum ticket office, so from about 77 to 80, we often got free tix to some of the best classic rock shows there: Yes (3x), Genesis (2x), the Who, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Rush, Blue Oyster Cult, ELO, Supertramp, Tom Petty and more I'm sure I've forgotten.
wow that's some luck

My h.s. buddies (incl a couple seniors that had D.L'.s lol) and I also had tix for Zep at the Spectrum. We were crushed-I still remember hearing the terrible news of Bonham's death on the radio. But we wouldn't be completely denied, 2 of the same guys and I saw Plant & Page at MSG in '95. Heavy partying dayz for us, so from what I remember they were great, but it just didn't seem the same without Bonzo smashing the drums, and maestro JPJ who for some reason didn't do that tour with them.

wow that's some luck

My h.s. buddies (incl a couple seniors that had D.L'.s lol) and I also had tix for Zep at the Spectrum. We were crushed-I still remember hearing the terrible news of Bonham's death on the radio. But we wouldn't be completely denied, 2 of the same guys and I saw Plant & Page at MSG in '95. Heavy partying dayz for us, so from what I remember they were great, but it just didn't seem the same without Bonzo smashing the drums, and maestro JPJ who for some reason didn't do that tour with them.
Yeah, was cool while it lasted - HS was my heaviest partying time - lucky we never got arrested, lol. I'm sure it would've been a helluva show in 1980 though.

lmfao yacht rock blows Taylor away
You really struggle with trying to construct logical arguments. Just because your opinion is that Yacht Rock is better doesn't make it so and I'm pretty sure if you asked 100 rock critics which is better, most would come down in favor of Taylor Swift. But besides that, your basic premise was that TS's music isn't manly, but yet you love Yacht Rock, which I guarantee you most hard rockers, punk rockers and metal heads would dismiss as being soft pablum for housewives and elevators, a bare notch above elevator music (and would put TS in the same category). I like some Yacht Rock and I like some TS - not sure why liking either is a big deal, but you seem to think so.

Last edited:
You really struggle with trying to construct logical arguments. Just because your opinion is that Yacht Rock is better doesn't make it so and I'm pretty sure if you asked 100 rock critics which is better, most would come down in favor of Taylor Swift. But besides that, your basic premise was that TS's music isn't manly, but yet you love Yacht Rock, which I guarantee you most hard rockers, punk rockers and metal heads would dismiss as being soft pablum for housewives and elevators, a bare notch above elevator music (and would put TS in the same category). I like some Yacht Rock and I like some TS - not sure why liking either is a big deal, but you do.
Taylor Swift is a MF lyrical wordsmith genius.

That “yacht rock” thread is the most geriatric cringy thing I’ve seen in awhile 😂

Really? Why? You're as bad as those who are criticizing liking TS in this thread. People like different genres, so what? And, I know this might be a shock to you, but some people like stuff from a lot of different genres. So someone could be a fan of yacht rock, TS and death metal.

Of course, anyone who doesn't appreciate Minnie Riperton just plain out sucks!

• Love
Reactions: bac2therac
I turn on Spotify and there on front page are big ads for Swift and Red.
She's the McDonald's of pop music

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac
That “yacht rock” thread is the most geriatric cringy thing I’ve seen in awhile 😂
As I said in that thread, I love some of it, hate some of it and am neutral on some of it. Having said that, IMO, there's a decent percentage of Yacht Rock that is simply some of the worst music ever made (I don't tend to "hate" as many songs in other genres), which is why so many critics and musical artists have looked down on Yacht Rock. But what I find amusing is bac starting a thread on Yacht Rock, implying it's some sort of "manly" genre ("men get in here and post your favorite YR songs"), lol.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/624635/yacht-rock-music-resurgence

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT