ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The New Ivies

You DO know that back in the late Sixties during anti-Vietnam War protests there were always some extreme knuckleheads carrying stupid signs and trying to lead equally stupid chants. And there were always reactionaries....ironically calling themselves Young Americans For Freedom...who would take pictures of said knuckleheads and try to portray said knuckleheads as somehow representing the whole group of anti-war demonstrators. Even though the YAF boys knew it wasn't so.
I guess sometimes history does repeat itself.

You DO know that back in the late Sixties during anti-Vietnam War protests there were always some extreme knuckleheads carrying stupid signs and trying to lead equally stupid chants. And there were always reactionaries....ironically calling themselves Young Americans For Freedom...who would take pictures of said knuckleheads and try to portray said knuckleheads as somehow representing the whole group of anti-war demonstrators. Even though the YAF boys knew it wasn't so.

Remarkably similar to what we see from TKR's own CE board cretins.

Last edited:
I think that’s all we can do, is to try to improve every day, be better people, more accepting and become more self-aware, and then hand on those traits to the younger generation, in order to leave the world a better place when we exit eternity
Nice thought, but it’s clear that it’s generally not the world we currently live in. Many “adults” don’t behave that way in the least, nor are they concerned with the example they’re setting for the next generation.

Where did she end up going? Did she end up playing a sport? My son has 2 B+ in AP classes on his transcript but the rest are straight A's so on a weighted basis it's way above a 4.0 at an excellent HS. It's nuts....
Yes she’s playing sports. She accepted an offer from another school which I’m actually much happier about. Won’t post the school here as this thread is full of crazies. Lol.

Except these are not really outliers. The protests are full of racists/antisemetics. And these people aren’t calling for peace like they were in the 60’s.

The far left are making fools out of themselves by hitching their wagons to Hamas and Iran.

Semantics are important at Ivy League schools.

And how much time have you spent in Ivy League campuses, anyway? I’d guess not much, given your spelling.

I’d say the political right has become increasingly anti semitic; given its embrace of white nationalism/supremacy. That’s not even remotely debatable.
Yeah, the spelling is questionable at best..😂🤡

Reactions: Morrischiano
As of stated, there is a right to protest without committing crimes

Nobody has a right to invade our country

Personally, I like how Abbott and RDS govern

Seeing the amount of people that have moved down to Florida and Texas, respectively since the pandemic, I would imagine a lot of others think the same

Neither of them are perfect
Far from it

But when you combine the tax breaks with the weather, and the laid-back personality of the Residents down there, it’s a no-brainer why Team Smooth will be making the move as well.
Congrats. When’s the big day?

^^^^ None of what you posted above is true.
Except it is. It’s thoroughly documented. Look, I’m moderate…maybe moderate left if anything, but what the far left are doing here is bizarre. It would be a little more believable if they were just as loud against Hamas, but speaking out against Hamas is taboo in those circles. Imagine that, you can’t even speak out against literal terrorists. That’s how you know there is something fishy going on.

As of March 2023, more than 70,000 Afghan and Pakistani civilians are estimated to have died as a direct result of the war. The United States military in 2017 relaxed its rules of engagement for airstrikes in Afghanistan, which resulted in a massive increase in civilian casualties.

How come the students didn't care about those innocent lives?
Shocking

Nice thought, but it’s clear that it’s generally not the world we currently live in. Many “adults” don’t behave that way in the least, nor are they concerned with the example they’re setting for the next generation.
Not really my concern who does what or acts what way
We can only control ourselves, our behavior and the examples we set, and try to positively influence those around us in a positive way

But, but, but, “low tax states”, lol
???
No state income tax for the pension and social security
Also if I continue working it'll be nice not to have that aspect taxed as well

Throw in sunshine and the Seminoles 365 days a year and now we're cooking with gas!

Except it is. It’s thoroughly documented. Look, I’m moderate…maybe moderate left if anything, but what the far left are doing here is bizarre. It would be a little more believable if they were just as loud against Hamas, but speaking out against Hamas is taboo in those circles. Imagine that, you can’t even speak out against literal terrorists. That’s how you know there is something fishy going on.
I consider myself moderate left also.

A 2 State solution with both sides agreeing to the others right to exist is really the only solution. If that is not universally agreed to the only result will be constant fighting with a goal of both sides the total destruction of the other.
Sadly the current leaders on both sides do not want a 2 State solution so we head for constant attacks.

Where did she end up going? Did she end up playing a sport? My son has 2 B+ in AP classes on his transcript but the rest are straight A's so on a weighted basis it's way above a 4.0 at an excellent HS. It's nuts....
My understanding is that colleges look at your uw GPA 1st and then look at your rigor (difficulty of classes) 2nd. Colleges are onto the GPA inflation game (mostly at privates). My daughter had a tough AP teacher who refuses to give out more than a handful of As. She got a B+ in the class and scored a 5 on AP exam.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
fox news ? That's not a source....that's a sore...a big festering sore.
Fox gave a summation , from what I seen when I clicked the link to fox article.)
NY Times article was in depth and shown even though main ceremony wasn't happening , alternate ways of honoring the graduates were planed.
So Fox reported the truth, just left out some information that might have lessened the blow a little.

Fox gave a summation , from what I seen when I clicked the link to fox article.)
NY Times article was in depth and shown even though main ceremony wasn't happening , alternate ways of honoring the graduates were planed.
So Fox reported the truth, just left out some information that might have lessened the blow a little.
It still has to suck for these kids who likely missed HS ceremony too

Im almost positive those who go out of their way to support and admire the anti Israel protesters have very poor news sources

Imagine being more vocal for the protesters than the rampant anti semitism tolerated for the past 7 months

Contort away but I guarantee you are unaware of what actually is going on

Last edited:
They are one in the same at this point.

If you don't strongly condemn them, you are them.

These morons in NYC are chanting about how they have a list of Met Gala attendees who have voiced public support for Israel, and they are going to kill them.

Gonna be a long night for NYPD

These morons in NYC are chanting about how they have a list of Met Gala attendees who have voiced public support for Israel, and they are going to kill them.

Gonna be a long night for NYPD

Be ironic if AOC attends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT