ADVERTISEMENT

OT- US OPEN at Chambers Bay

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
Right now I'm watching on YES a 1 hour special where 2 commentators are playing the course (1 mid aged guy Jimmy Hanlin and a cute, bubbly , young lady named Carly), and Man is this course interesting ! No trees, a busy railroad hugging the bay along a lot of the holes, absolutely gorgeous vistas w bay and mountains, big dunes, lots of traps and tall grass. Looks like a course in Ireland or Scotland. Makes me want to fly out and play this course.

If you see a re run on YES, watch it, it's very entertaining.

ok, i looked her up, Carling Nolan, she's called Carly on this special

Golf-Insider-Carling-Nolan-TILE.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Rules: Where are the pictures of Miss bubbly?

The Google reviews of the course are awful. It's a public course and wasn't kept in great shape most years. Obviously this year is different but many feel the course is undeserving of a U.S. Open.
I get the U.S. Open loves to play at public courses but not a fan of this choice.

I watched the special and thought the course was beautiful. Not a lot of room for error though. I would spend the entire round there searching for the ball after each shot.

I have no idea what the typical Mid-June weather is around Puget Sound but being that close to a large body of water, wind could be an issue.

Looking at the scorecard #16 could be the hole the USGA plays games with. Make it 325 yards and dare the players to go for the small green, especially on Sunday.

I get the feeling we are going to get a fluke winner like Ben Curtis this year.

The Google reviews of the course are awful. It's a public course and wasn't kept in great shape most years. Obviously this year is different but many feel the course is undeserving of a U.S. Open.
I get the U.S. Open loves to play at public courses but not a fan of this choice.

LOL.

Did you read some of the reviews? I wouldn't take them seriously. Like the guy who said he was a decent golfer but he expects to make birdie putts from 15-20 feet. Hahahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT