ADVERTISEMENT

PAT DOWNEY

I am wondering if I need to pick out a shoe to eat.... I am stunned by this.

Game Winner‏@LewisRichie
Great Phone conversation with @ThePatDowney . B1G tings ahead aye

2:59 PM - 10 May 2017

FUNKY BUNKY‏@ThePatDowney May 10
FUNKY BUNKY Retweeted RUuKnighted18 ⚔

truth

FUNKY BUNKY added,

RUuKnighted18 ⚔@RUuKnighted
Replying to @ThePatDowney @ncaawrestling and 2 others
Looks like we won! #ComeOnDown
0 replies2 retweets5 likes

What the heck does that mean? Please interpret for us non tweeters.

On the ones I posted, he replied to his "which school should I wrestle at?" post by posting "RU it is". RU won the voting in the poll he posted that said he would let decide his school.

Richie Lewis messaged him to say "B1G things ahead"

Downey responded to a poster saying "Looks like we (Rutgers) won" with "Truth"

The are also a couple of Perrotti tweets.

If Downey comes to RU, I would welcome him with open arms. I'm sure the coaching staff knows what they are doing.

Reactions: KidDagger
LFG!! Everyone is looking at the negatives that could happen with Downey but I'm seeing it the other way around. If our coaches and athletes support Downey here then LFG!!

I don't see anything in those tweets that indicate the RU coaching staff is considering adding Downey.

Like I posted before, Downey blusters a lot on twitter, generates a lot of activity on places that HE may want to go to, and college kids eat it up, because, well, they are college KIDS.

I don't see anything in those tweets that indicate the RU coaching staff is considering adding Downey.

Like I posted before, Downey blusters a lot on twitter, generates a lot of activity on places that HE may want to go to, and college kids eat it up, because, well, they are college KIDS.

You really think our wrestlers would post things they did if coaching staff is not recruiting Downey? Doubt it.

you did see where RU asked (and got) permission to speak to PD about a transfer right? That would indicate to me that the RU coaching staff is considering adding Downey!

Reactions: KidDagger
Either way, we aren't gonna know anything for a long time. He has to graduate still. Its unclear to me whether he would be at ISU for summer only, or for summer and fall. I think its summer and fall to complete 24 credits. Then he would go wherever he is going to wrestle spring semester only.

I know. I was with him yesterday at our practice. Great guy. He is interviewing for a position out here. Can't mention it. That dude is still slapped together for a 51 year old. Wonderful human being a a fan of what we are doing. No I did not bring up Downey to him.

Reactions: obrats
I know. I was with him yesterday at our practice. Great guy. He is interviewing for a position out here. Can't mention it. That dude is still slapped together for a 51 year old. Wonderful human being a a fan of what we are doing. No I did not bring up Downey to him.
ISU coach is out here interviewing? Very interesting...didn't know we had any potential openings.

It would benefit the team by actually existing. Hopefully when the time is right Bill or obrats can chime in with more info...
I don't know anything honestly. What I assume is, he is here to interview for the head coach position for new joint RTC with us and Princeton. Bill said he was at our practice yesterday and he tweeted earlier today from Princeton.

Last edited:
It would benefit the team by actually existing. Hopefully when the time is right Bill or obrats can chime in with more info...

I don't know anything honestly. What I assume is, he is here to interview for the head coach position for new joint RTC with us and Princeton. Bill said he was at our practice yesterday and he tweeted earlier today from Princeton.
Jackson is an interesting development. I'm wondering how this is going to work with NYCRTC in Hoboken being pushed by Edge, which is also in Whippany.

That was my guess as well. When you put the "fingers crossed" I thought you mightve had the inside scoop. Hopefully that is whats going on.... would be very positive to get a coach in place.

Reactions: obrats
The back and forth between PD2 and the Cyclone page is gen pages long now...he is really an "interesting" individual...
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/downey-over-dean-and-5-other-all-americans.228602/
Wow the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You have to be really desperate to want that crap show anywhere near your program. So at best he will be eligible the start of spring semester if he completes his degree. He six years out of high school and still needs 24 credits to graduate.

The two Rutgers representatives on the NJRTC Board are Matt Oliver and David Bugen. They would know what is happening regarding hiring a coach and would need to endorse the coach. Oliver is an attorney with Lowenstein and Bugen is the President of the SKWC. They may also know about Downey. Having watched Goodale, Pritzlaff, and Leonardis I would be shocked if they would bring Downey to the team. Why risk all they built ?Anyway, maybe WNG or Obrats can ask Oliver or Bugen what is happening.

The two Rutgers representatives on the NJRTC Board are Matt Oliver and David Bugen. They would know what is happening regarding hiring a coach and would need to endorse the coach. Oliver is an attorney with Lowenstein and Bugen is the President of the SKWC. They may also know about Downey. Having watched Goodale, Pritzlaff, and Leonardis I would be shocked if they would bring Downey to the team. Why risk all they built ?Anyway, maybe WNG or Obrats can ask Oliver or Bugen what is happening.

Any relation to former RU wrestling coach Dean Oliver?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT