ADVERTISEMENT

Paterno thread (merged)

A question for you all, when did the payout for the 1971 incident(s) occur? If it happened with all the others then it is conceivable (i consider it unlikely) that Paterno didn't know about those incidents. However, in 2002, Paterno knew something was going on because he said so in his own words during his grand jury testimony. Sandusky was arrested November 5th, 2011 and was banned from campus the next day (the link is below). So almost 10 years had passed after Joe found out and Sandusky still had free reign of the campus. Almost a decade.

If he was truly horrified, at the very least he would have banned Sandusky from the campus and cut ties to Second Mile and said something to Second Mile's Board of Directors. He didn't. He's not legally responsible, but come on! I think any "normal" person would have done more than what he did and plus he was in a position of great influence and power. The "adults" in the room (the administrators) were clearly taking their cues from Paterno. They should have done more, but acted like scared and indecisive sycophants. Paterno seemingly never followed up while a child molester continued to run around where he worked and lived for almost another decade.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ar-accused-ex-coach-jerry-sandusky-campusPenn

A question for you all, when did the payout for the 1971 incident(s) occur? If it happened with all the others then it is conceivable (i consider it unlikely) that Paterno didn't know about those incidents. However, in 2002, Paterno knew something was going on because he said so in his own words during his grand jury testimony. Sandusky was arrested November 5th, 2011 and was banned from campus the next day (the link is below). So almost 10 years had passed after Joe found out and Sandusky still had free reign of the campus. Almost a decade.

If he was truly horrified, at the very least he would have banned Sandusky from the campus and cut ties to Second Mile and said something to Second Mile's Board of Directors. He didn't. He's not legally responsible, but come on! I think any "normal" person would have done more than what he did and plus he was in a position of great influence and power. The "adults" in the room (the administrators) were clearly taking their cues from Paterno. They should have done more, but acted like scared and indecisive sycophants. Paterno seemingly never followed up while a child molester continued to run around where he worked and lived for almost another decade.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ar-accused-ex-coach-jerry-sandusky-campusPenn
With a name like touchyfeely, I fully expected a defense of Paterno and Sandusky.

Reactions: Bones131
Here is another perspective which does not shine well on JoePa.

He either knew or did not know about the abuse. If he did not know, doesn't that say quite about him as well? I mean, if all this abuse and questionable behavior were occuring in the football facilities, and he really did not know, doesn't that say a lot. How can these events occur with as much noise and it be better that JoePa was able to remain ignorant. How can he possibly be that great a leader if he could not protect the innocent in his house because he was simply clueless.

I do not know what image really portrays better. I still think it was a situation where the line moved slowly over time and repeated small concession turned into the horrible mess uncovered at the end.

13yxt1.jpg

@jason21psu: what about the 1987 and 1988 (two in that year, one of which went to the psu AD)? Note that @DNA22 above would not engage on these.[/QUOTE]

Note that DNA22 works for a living and doesn't have time to spend every waking moment on this message board

Show me this report. That would be groundbreaking if what you are saying is true. Please show me a report where Joe admitted to knowing what was happening and we will put the issue to bed and I will instantly admit I was wrong?

That doesn't exist. That's the crap that some of you believe to be true and it results in this huge divide. What u just wrote was 100% false.

DNA? Back again? You said you would "instantly admit you were wrong." you were proven wring. I'm calling you at as a man. Lies for decades are what got dozens of children molested. You have the same attitude as Paterno and his like. Just keep lying. Forget about the children. Go Penn State.. Why keep coming here just to spread your Penn State/Paterno lies. Children were hurt and you just lie the way Paterno lied. Children were harmed. Have some self respect.

Reactions: RU#1fan
@jason21psu: what about the 1987 and 1988 (two in that year, one of which went to the psu AD)? Note that @DNA22 above would not engage on these.

Note that DNA22 works for a living and doesn't have time to spend every waking moment on this message board[/QUOTE]
Yah, but your alter ego Reppin jerk is at home eating hot pockets and watching jerry sprinter in his underwear.

After reading that article and the article from the prosecutors saying it was hearsay it doesn't feel good. However, I don't see where any article alleging Joe was told what the assistants allegedly saw. And I get the if they knew how could he not line of thinking. But that's not enough for me to say Joe definitely knows pre 2001 because the first time there's actual proof Joe knew he reported it to Curley. I realize most think that wasn't enough but it was action not silence. Bottom line is with regards to the assistant coaches I'm not sure what to think right now. I willing to wait a couple weeks to see if any more info comes out with respect to the coaches.

I think it goes like this.. JoePA HIRED Sandusky and they had a long and successful FOOTBALL relationship. On paper, you have this great DC at LINEBACKER U who started a successful charity to give back to the community.

Then you hear rumors and have suspicions and so on... and you can only think about yourself and your all-important football program. YOU HIRED THIS MONSTER... can't it all just go away quietly?

That is my guess. JoePA was weak... avoided confrontation that would reflect poorly on himself and his judgement... and he compounded the problem. And in the cult of Happy Valley, there was no one around to tell him the emperor had no clothes.

As for the new allegations revealed by this insurance company document.. it has to be pretty clear that Sandusky is a sick SOB who has probably done this his whole life. He was hired in 1969 and started Second Mile in..1977. Given what we know now, wasn't forming this charity just a way to make it easier for Sandusky to find victims? Surely he was doing it for years prior to forming Second Mile.. right? And, if so, wouldn't someone speak up to someone somewhere about it?

After reading that article and the article from the prosecutors saying it was hearsay it doesn't feel good. However, I don't see where any article alleging Joe was told what the assistants allegedly saw. And I get the if they knew how could he not line of thinking. But that's not enough for me to say Joe definitely knows pre 2001 because the first time there's actual proof Joe knew he reported it to Curley. I realize most think that wasn't enough but it was action not silence. Bottom line is with regards to the assistant coaches I'm not sure what to think right now. I willing to wait a couple weeks to see if any more info comes out with respect to the coaches.

It is silence by Paterno because of the "after talking to coach" part. Paterno controlled the cover up. He made sure the molestations stayed quiet like they had been for decades and would continue to be for years. Paterno came very close to riding off into the sunset without the public knowing how a truly disgusting and pathetic human being he was.

Sandusky is still alive and although still maintaining his innocence he could eventually own up on tv or write a book and expose everything...

Plus,
There is still goin to be a criminal trial for the administrators which will further bring more out

This story is far from over and eventually the truth will come to the light

Reactions: Block R
Sandusky is still alive and although still maintaining his innocence he could eventually own up on tv or write a book and expose everything...

Plus,
There is still goin to be a criminal trial for the administrators which will further bring more out

I hope you're right.

In fact, I hope when all is said and done, I am proven 100% wrong. I hope that it comes out that Sandusky was indeed, smart enough to pull this off alone. Better to find out that there was only one monster loose, than a bunch that were accomplices in the whole mess.

But, I just don't see it.

Plus,

The truth will only come to the light if a favorable enough deal is made to one of the defendants and with all the pressure being put on politicians and court officials by the Penn St "faithful", that have influence , I don't see any deal being offered that involves full disclosure
The Curley Schultz and Spanier won't be saying anything that makes it look like they were anything but innocent bystanders, unless a sweetheart deal is offered that makes it look like they made more of a mistake and not part of a conspiracy .

Honesty plays no part in the cover up issue too much pressure to protect Penn St and Joe Paterno's name has been going on for those involved in applying the pressure to allow what they don't want known to be known.

As far as Sandusky admitting he was a molester , don't think that will ever happen and him saying Penn St and Paterno covered up for him would be admitting that.
He'll go to his grave crying that he was innocent , just like Penn St will never allow sealed records to be made public to prove they didn't know what type of monster Sandusky was all the years he was at that institute also protecting Paterno by refusing to ask that the records be unsealed and those who received payouts wouldn't jeopardize the settlement they received by allowing their dispositions to be published

Plus,

PA, like some other states, may have a law that does not allow you to profit via a book or TV deal related to a felony for which you have been convicted. Not sure, though. If that's the case, Sandusky would have no incentive to write a book and come clean.

Plus,

Good point. Then DNA and his State Penn Cultists will finally accept the truth.
No .... they will fling some other bs story.

Reactions: thegock
Once again I'm not this reppin jersey. I live outside of Baltimore and have for the last 10 years, not sure how I'd be reppin New Jersey, haha

No as I said before it may seem inconceivable to some of u that more than 1 RU fan on this board doesn't hate penn state or Paterno but what can I say?
Why are you here?

No words are needed, article speaks for itself.
Penn State's president defends Joe Paterno's legacy - CNN.com
>Just two months after he was hired by Penn State, The New York Times filed a detailed investigative piece, accusing Barron's administration of hindering the police investigation, working with Winston's lawyers instead of prosecutors. The alleged victim, Erica Kinsman, later sued and in her lawsuit the prosecutor is quoted saying the university "handicapped" the investigation.<

>"It feels like what was common between Penn State and Florida State was this attitude of defiance and hostility from the school," said John Clune, the attorney for Kinsman. "It's not only offensive to the victims and the children making the reports, but it scares off people who might report sexual abuse to the university. We see consistently that the school reporting numbers are very low because (victims) get the message from the university that this is not a safe place to ask for help.
"Could you imagine being a sexual assault survivor reading Eric Barron's remarks? Trying to find the courage to report your own abuse? I don't know why you would if you see that kind of climate."<
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/us/paterno-legacy-barron/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/us/paterno-legacy-barron/index.html

The major Pennsylvania media outlets have brought suit to get the records under court seal and subject to confidentiality agreements:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20160513_News_outlets_sue_for_Sandusky_settlement_records.html
One of the many crazy things about this is I'm sure some of the JoeBots think the board's secrecy has prevented them from uncovering the board's dastardly deeds towards their hero. If plaintiffs attorneys start getting access to the records, and victims, their idol is going to look much worse.

The damning evidence is that this kid -- way back in 1972 -- told a friend that he had been raped by that freak, and how it was reported to Penn State and Paterno. This friend, an independent witness, has verified the story.

I know I shouldn't have but I went on to the Penn State board. All I can say is those delusional clowns.

Is there any way the Big can send Penn State to the ACC? Trade them for Pitt. We should keep the cheaters and pedophiles together.

Penn State should change its' mascot from lion to ostrich.
I wonder when this all over with and who knows when that will be probably not in my lifetime. I have just one question does this have anything to do with the Ray Gricar disappearance.

One of the many crazy things about this is I'm sure some of the JoeBots think the board's secrecy has prevented them from uncovering the board's dastardly deeds towards their hero. If plaintiffs attorneys start getting access to the records, and victims, their idol is going to look much worse.

The Paterno followers have faith that was ever is exposed next will reverse all the bad info that came before. They though Paterno's testimony would exonerate him when he actually admitted he was told all about Sandusky. Then they thought the emails when released would exonerate him when they actually showed he was directing his AD not to report Sandusky. Any new info will just keep showing Paterno for who he really was. A guy willing to cover up child rape for his own self interests.

What were you saying? Something negative about penn state again? Madhat you should just change ur user name to "troll penn state" bc there can't be a psu thread on this board without u commenting. I've read this board for years without commenting and legitamately every psu thread you are either leading the charge or somehow involved. Look I know you don't like PSU, got it. That's cool bud, u don't need to prove how much you don't like them with posts above (which I will honestly say I didn't read past the first line nor do I have any intention to bc I already know what you're going to say since you've been making the SAME arguments for the last 5 years)

Madhat - I am officially jealous, sure wish that "Pedophilia in his DNA" was saying that about me!

Reactions: MADHAT1
Again, it's documented that Mike Mcqueary reported an 'incident' but he's changed his story more times than I can count (I can count to 5) and the victim himself has even testified that nothing occurred in the lasch building that night. So in other words u are jumping to the conclusion that Joe knew it was child rape. I don't believe he knew it was anything like that. It's ok to disagree

I thought the victim in the shower incident had never been identified? I know there was a kid who claimed to be the victim but I thought even many joebots don't believe he is to be believed.

Also, do you believe Sandusky was only a pedodhile beginning in 1998? And regardless of if you believe he never raped until that time, do you really believe Paterno was not made aware of the 1998 incident until 2001?

I thought the victim in the shower incident had never been identified? I know there was a kid who claimed to be the victim but I thought even many joebots don't believe he is to be believed.

Also, do you believe Sandusky was only a pedodhile beginning in 1998? And regardless of if you believe he never raped until that time, do you really believe Paterno was not made aware of the 1998 incident until 2001?

To tell you the truth bud I'm done with the debate. If some of ya'll want to still be message board warriors terribly concerned about what might have/have not happened at a school that isn't Rutgers 20 years ago by a guy who has been dead for 5 years knock yourself out.

I have work and a family and quite honestly, although yes I am still a Paterno fan (although not to the level I once was) I have a lot more important things to worry about and devote my time here than just talk about something that literally has nothing to do with my alma mater. There's plenty of people on this board though who still live in their parents basement and still have bashing Joe Paterno high on their daily agenda's, but for 99.999% of the population, it's over and done with and why are we still talking about it? Not like it's going to change anything

To tell you the truth bud I'm done with the debate. If some of ya'll want to still be message board warriors terribly concerned about what might have/have not happened at a school that isn't Rutgers 20 years ago by a guy who has been dead for 5 years knock yourself out.

I have work and a family and quite honestly, although yes I am still a Paterno fan (although not to the level I once was) I have a lot more important things to worry about and devote my time here than just talk about something that literally has nothing to do with my alma mater. There's plenty of people on this board though who still live in their parents basement and still have bashing Joe Paterno high on their daily agenda's, but for 99.999% of the population, it's over and done with and why are we still talking about it? Not like it's going to change anything

Not sure what I expected from this clown who had no problem wasting his precious time on this until this moment. And I guess he believes it is Rutgers fans keeping this thing fresh in the media rather than Rutgers fans reacting to what the media pumps out as fresh news.

No worries.. I'm sure his Manson Family will welcome him back now that he is done with us.

You didn't answer any of my questions. You have been "as terribly concerned" as everyone else for the past 15 pages, so I thought my questions were legitimate.

Not sure what I expected from this clown who had no problem wasting his precious time on this until this moment. And I guess he believes it is Rutgers fans keeping this thing fresh in the media rather than Rutgers fans reacting to what the media pumps out as fresh news.

No worries.. I'm sure his Manson Family will welcome him back now that he is done with us.

Well considering that everything that was reported recently turned out to be a complete hoax put on by a known Paterno hater from way back and you all are still acting like its news.... Your not too far off

You didn't answer any of my questions. You have been "as terribly concerned" as everyone else for the past 15 pages, so I thought my questions were legitimate.

Oh no, I was concerned for about 2 days when I was like 'enough is enough'. I've been reading the same posters post the same arguments for 5 years and never said anything.

Guess ya'll just caught me on an off day although I do think it's kind of hysterical that this board is so far warped as to believe that u can't be a fan of both Joe Paterno AND Rutgers. Internet warriors you must unite and correct people who are incorrect on the anonymous free Rutgers football message board! Our future depends on it, ATTACK!!!!!!

Oh no, I was concerned for about 2 days when I was like 'enough is enough'. I've been reading the same posters post the same arguments for 5 years and never said anything.

Guess ya'll just caught me on an off day although I do think it's kind of hysterical that this board is so far warped as to believe that u can't be a fan of both Joe Paterno AND Rutgers. Internet warriors you must unite and correct people who are incorrect on the anonymous free Rutgers football message board! Our future depends on it, ATTACK!!!!!!
We don't think that. We simply think you can't be a fan of Joe Paterno and Humanity at the same time.
Glad you are back we missed you while you were gone.

Typical Reppin-Jerk -DNA, says he's done with a thread and has 2 more responses within an few hours

How can you say your still a Paterno fan but not as much as you were, either he lied or not. Seriously, the whole world can see the corruption with the PSU coverup, why can't you?

Typical Reppin-Jerk -DNA, says he's done with a thread and has 2 more responses within an few hours

How can you say your still a Paterno fan but not as much as you were, either he lied or not. Seriously, the whole world can see the corruption with the PSU coverup, why can't you?

Mike seriously bud, u need to stop trolling my posts. Believe me, if I was this reppin jersey ur so convinced I am, I would go back to using that name bc all you do is troll everything I post.

U need to grow up, you don't need to follow me around like a school yard b*tch waiting for anything I say that you can somehow flip around and pin against me... That's exactly what your doing and it's pathetic. Get a life

c050f0e8_well......bye.jpeg

I hope you're right.

In fact, I hope when all is said and done, I am proven 100% wrong. I hope that it comes out that Sandusky was indeed, smart enough to pull this off alone. Better to find out that there was only one monster loose, than a bunch that were accomplices in the whole mess.

But, I just don't see it.

The fact his adopted son says he molested him, and his WIFE and JERRY still maintain innocence despite 45 people coming forward shows you that there is no hope for most PSU fans in facing reality.

The fact his adopted son says he molested him, and his WIFE and JERRY still maintain innocence despite 45 people coming forward shows you that there is no hope for most PSU fans in facing reality.

Wait a minute? When the hell did anyone defend Jerry Sandusky and his wife? Plenty of Penn State fans still support Paterno but I've never seen a single one defend Sandusky.

Poor Form big Terp

The Energizer Bunny of Paterno defenders keeps going and going and going .....

Wait a minute? When the hell did anyone defend Jerry Sandusky and his wife? Plenty of Penn State fans still support Paterno but I've never seen a single one defend Sandusky.

Poor Form big Terp
If you want to ignore all the evidence and testimony and stand behind Joe no matter what and stand behind him no matter what comes to light, fine. You’re entitled to your opinion. Just do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself. Your constant defense of Joe is sending a clear message to all the victims of Sandusky and victims of child molestation. The message is “We don’t care”. You’re doing more damage than you know.

Mike seriously bud, u need to stop trolling my posts. Believe me, if I was this reppin jersey ur so convinced I am, I would go back to using that name bc all you do is troll everything I post.

U need to grow up, you don't need to follow me around like a school yard b*tch waiting for anything I say that you can somehow flip around and pin against me... That's exactly what your doing and it's pathetic. Get a life

Nothing to pin, just contributing to this particular thread. Can't understand that you don't see the corruption at PSU created by Joe Pa,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT