ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Best Springsteen Studio album

Originally posted by RUnion:
Wild Innocent, E street... how can you get better than that album? Side two is the best side of any Bruce Album hands down. in my opinion. My all time favorite Bruce song...... Incident on 57th street to kick it off... followed by Rosalita! that is all you need to know end of story.
This is what Bruce is all about: Incident on 57th street to kick it off... followed by Rosalita!

Darkness is the one I put on when I am po'ed something

As for the comment about Bruce Springsteen country if his music came out today it would be "new country "

Noticed that Steven Tyler was doing the CMA's last night does he think Aerosmith would be ountry today? Come to think of it Florida Georgia Line reminds me alot of Aerosmith

In this thread you will learn which of your fellow posters listen to music primarily to escape and hear a good story set to music and which posters listen to music to relive their lives and experiences through the shared experience/environment of another.

Read the thread this way and you'll learn a lot about the guys you write to all day long.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
This poll should be deleted based on exclusion or plain stupidity. No Greetings on the list??

Another vote for the Wild the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle. We often saw Bruce in very small venues and clubs during his first few albums popularity. He never translated for me at the huge stadium shows. Although I liked some songs from his more recent albums I was more of a fan during his younger days.

Originally posted by RU-AGK:
In this thread you will learn which of your fellow posters listen to music primarily to escape and hear a good story set to music and which posters listen to music to relive their lives and experiences through the shared experience/environment of another.

Read the thread this way and you'll learn a lot about the guys you write to all day long.
Very astute.

Was thinking about this bootleg tape that everyone had some 30 years ago from a Bruce show at the Spectrum...as this was one of my favorite tunes from that show and per your words above, I always like to reminisce about a few back in the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-I4tGO6dE8

Something I always regret...never got to see Bruce at the Spectrum...as even though I hated the 2 teams that called it home...the Bruce shows there were seemingly always epic.

This post was edited on 4/20 11:07 PM by Knight_Light

Very astute.

Was thinking about this bootleg tape that everyone had some 30 years ago from a Bruce show at the Spectrum...as this was one of my favorite tunes from that show and per your words above, I always like to reminisce about a few back in the day

Something I always regret...never got to see Bruce at the Spectrum...as even though I hated the 2 teams that called it home...the Bruce shows there were seemingly always epic.

This post was edited on 4/20 11:07 PM by Knight_Light

Saw him at The Spectrum on his 50th birthday. He opened the show holding up a boombox to the mic of his mom singing him Happy Birthday. He went on to blow the roof off the place.

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
Couldn't list them all since there are only 10 boxes so Tunnel of Love, Lucky Town , Wrecking Ball and a couple others didn't make the cut. Couldn't decide whether to drop the Wild and Innocent in favor of the Ghost of Tom Joad but figured there's more fans of the former. For me, Darkness gets the nod over BUSA, the River, and BTR
The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle

How can anyone pick just one? If forced to choose, I will say The Rising. Amazing end to end and one I listen to the most. But that is not to diminish the greatness of Born to Run, The River, E-Street Shuffle, and Darkness. (And others...)

I can't see the poll on my iPad though. Otherwise I love this format for posting and I'll probably post more now. I'm guilty of being a daily lurker.

I think Bruce lost so much of his Jersey Shore connection to life when he moved out to LA in the late 80's/90's...as his life experiences and those of other NJ residents inspired so much of his music during the 70's...and he never seem to capture it again till after 9/11 with The Rising.

The Rising Tour was probably the most moving tour Bruce ever did...as it had meaning...remembrance...and the joy of bouncing back.

The Rising was my first Bruce tour and made me a lifelong fan.

I still think the earlier ones were the best (Greetings from Asbury, Park, NJ, Wild and the Innocent, Born to Run, and Darkness on the Edge of Town). There was a raw earthy grittiness to the songs that projected real life images of interesting characters and their stories particularly in NJ. I think that always was Springsteen's strong point in most of his songs.

Saw him at The Spectrum on his 50th birthday. He opened the show holding up a boombox to the mic of his mom singing him Happy Birthday. He went on to blow the roof off the place.
That 50th birthday show at the Spectrum ranks in the top 5 of the 100-plus Springsteen shows I've attended. Never forget it. I got there with only a few minutes to spare due to huge backup on I-95.

I still think the earlier ones were the best (Greetings from Asbury, Park, NJ, Wild and the Innocent, Born to Run, and Darkness on the Edge of Town). There was a raw earthy grittiness to the songs that projected real life images of interesting characters and their stories particularly in NJ. I think that always was Springsteen's strong point in most of his songs.

+1

Darkness is the one I put on when I am po'ed something

As for the comment about Bruce Springsteen country if his music came out today it would be "new country "

Noticed that Steven Tyler was doing the CMA's last night does he think Aerosmith would be ountry today? Come to think of it Florida Georgia Line reminds me alot of Aerosmith

If you like country check out John Eddie, a friend of BS, at the Wonder Bar 5/24. You won't be disappointed.

PS: I can't see the poll thanks to this new board. The results at last look were (1) BTR, (2) Darkness, (3) Wild and the Innocent

I'd be with Born to Run, Darkness, The River.... Whoever mentioned that Magic is a sneaky good album is right on the money.

On Bruce songs as country, The Mavericks just crush All That Heaven Will Allow!

Speaking of that. Tunnel of Love is not up there to me but has some excellent cuts. I would think that Julianne heard this and said "uh oh."

I like Greetings and E Street Shuffle just fine but there's nothing on them (I know I'll get slammed for this) that shows the potential for Born to Run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT