ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting at the root

The expectations for our bench are so low that some tend to get excited when these expectations are exceeded. Miller is a good defender but is a zero on offense. Dean is just overmatched against nearly any other big. We just did not do a good job replacing the guys who left last year.

Reactions: thegock
And all the shitty teams we lost to
Sure, but my point is you are oversimplifying things.

I mean at the end of the day I think we are an under talented (except cliff and Harper) and extremely well coached team. But many people on here will tell you we are terribly coached so..

Sure, but my point is you are oversimplifying things.

I mean at the end of the day I think we are an under talented (except cliff and Harper) and extremely well coached team. But many people on here will tell you we are terribly coached so..
We are on one side of the ball and not on another. Or said another way one side of the ball is prioritized over the other. No surprise those comments would come up

Then how did we beat so many good teams this season?
The talent gap is there but it’s smaller than he’s implying
Good coaching
Happened to have our good performances vs the good teams on the schedule

Then how did we beat so many good teams this season?
Decent games with shooting outliers or end game lucky breaks, and a well rounded good game here and there. If we’re being honest.

Decent games with shooting outliers or end game lucky breaks, and a well rounded good game here and there. If we’re being honest.
Meh, don’t really feel like our wins against good teams were decided by lucky breaks. Even Purdue.. the last shot obviously is not repeatable but we put ourselves in position. Maybe Ohio st. We beat Illinois and Michigan st decisively, Wisconsin on the road pretty decently as well.

Reactions: Scangg
It was a bad call. He had stopped his momentum. Complete flop. Ref was on the baseline couldn't see from that angle and assumed. Well after the play too non factor. It's a no call all day
It’s a heady play by a leader on a team trying to win the B1G.

There’s not a ref in America not calling that a charge.

Reactions: socaldave
Our depth is horrific

Recruiting a major issue
Don't necessarily disagree that the depth is lacking but when Reiber comes up big or Hyatt grabs some key boards in a big ranked win, there are no cries about bad recruiting. There's a bunch of threads about the potential of the young guys. Then we lose and recruiting sucks. Inconsistent bitching.

Really if Jalen Miller could give us 4 points a game, we would be fine. He’s not even trusted to take a single shot.
And plays a bunch...good D zero O....he's our freshman contributor, who brings zero offense to the game.

Pike won't last in this league as a 2** recruiter. He is over ratingbhis coaching ability.

Reactions: Zimm80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT