ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs BYU 3/22/21 Game thread

Better team won..hats off to BYU

Outplayed outhustled outshot and outcoached

Its not 2000 anymore
I have been paying attention to the bench and interaction more closely the past couple of years. I am of the opinion now more than ever that CVIV is coach in title only. Tim is running this team. He manages most of the huddles and is most vocal from the sideline. Usually the only voice.

OK you make a three with 3.8 left. Down 2. Foul immediately, hope for at least one miss, and take your final time out. Advance ball to 3/4 court. Still have a chance!

Unless, of course, you blow that chance by taking that final time out before BYU inbounds. Which is what they did,

CVS for some reason is not a favorite with refs. 3rd Quarter BYU fouled like crazy and 4th Quarter miraculously nothing. I was screaming at TV.

Reactions: RU MAN
Team played hard. Coaches are going to be disappointed with themselves that they did not run more plays to put Diamond more in the fold on offense. That is what made it so difficult for Arella in the games down the stretch. Feeling really bad for Arella and the team.

I was really excited the way the team came back off the pause but in tourney play a complete dud. They really underachieved with a talented roster this year.

Great years by Johnson and Arella. Some nice moments by Mack, Giles and Singleton just not enough consistency from a third player.

we say this every year, but what is the transition strategy for CVS ...RU needs one.

I do wish someone would give directions to the Rutgers coaching staff on how to drive to The Shore high schools. Our recruiting girls down here has a horrible track record.

Reactions: bac2therac
always looking for a way to put down the women's program
Spare me the act like you care for the RUWBB program .

Also, I get that you’re upset, BUT WE ALL ARE, because we ALL want this program to get back to where it belongs. Every single one of us (With or without CVS). Don’t ever think otherwise.

CVS for some reason is not a favorite with refs. 3rd Quarter BYU fouled like crazy and 4th Quarter miraculously nothing. I was screaming at TV.
This has always been the problem. Women's officiating as a whole is horrible. But the calls made against our women versus the non-calls against BYU were obvious and telling.

The officials know that Rutgers plays tough defense but they don't seem to care when it's tournament time. I watched some of the so-called elite teams and they foul like crazy and get away with it. Not Rutgers. I wish Stringer would finally come out and rip women's officiating, because it actually makes the bad officiating in the men's game seem like a miracle of quality.

BTW, my heart went out to Arella. Man, she deserved better than to bow out in the first round. She's going to make an excellent guard at the next level and hopefully she'll find the officiating there better to her liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevH and Esipos1
Wow!!! What's even more disappointing to me is this handful of vultures that have suddenly appeared out of nowhere and descended on this forum. Hadn't heard from many of them until things go wrong. The level of negativity toward the program is ........
SHOCKING!!!

I do wish someone would give directions to the Rutgers coaching staff on how to drive to The Shore high schools. Our recruiting girls down here has a horrible track record.
RU Coaches have no interest in "those type of players." many of the Monmouth/Ocean county girls would have loved to represent their state but were shown no love from this coaching staff. Shore coaches have pretty much given up on expecting a call much less a visit.

HAHAHA stop it man, this was a HORRIBLE loss, period.

(sawyour response coming from 340miles away lol)
horrible loss yes , But I will not stop defending the WBB program from those who seem to think the WBB program is better to knock ten support.
Seems your complements compared to bashes go to the mainly bash posts with a few good jobs put in after wins.
But the real Ha Ha is how you seem to enjoy showing up when the bad is going on and far less during the good.
That's your MO so lol all you please and I knew before coming on this board you'd be here the moment things looked like they were going south.
So acting like you knew I'd post like I did has me rotflmao

Team played hard. Coaches are going to be disappointed with themselves that they did not run more plays to put Diamond more in the fold on offense. That is what made it so difficult for Arella in the games down the stretch. Feeling really bad for Arella and the team.
Agreed the offense needs to run through Diamond. Would have made Arella's ability to score easier especially down the stretch.

BTW, my hear went out to Arella. Man, she deserved better than to bow out in the first round. She's going to make an excellent guard at the next level and hopefully she'll find the officiating there better to her liking.
WNBA refs are not much better, and many of them are also NCAA refs as well.

yes disapointing, but it has been a winning program all those 12 years while those like you act like the RU WBB program has been having loseing seasons all those 12 years .
What is winning when you are paying a coach top money and you have a program that is mediocre at best these past years; and yes no need to compare it to the mens program we know the issues there; as we have discussed the game has passed her by and we need a new coach period not the same regime; its obvious this regime can't do it with these supposed top recruits time to move on

Speculation, of course, but last's years team really lost out with the tournament being cancelled. I think there was that bit of extra pressure on the seniours with unmet expectations for themselves leading to uncharacteristically high turnovers in the 4Q.

It was a really close game. RU shot BETTER; BYU shot MORE. Box Score So the haters should really just hush. Just because you do not follow certain teams from other parts of the country does not mean they are lousy teams. In some ratings, BYU was ranked higher than RU. Credit to BYU for hitting their FTs all game but particularly down the stretch. That kept the pressure on RU.

To the RU WBB fans and supporters, my apologies for taking out my frustration on those who are know to come on this board to bash the program far more that they come to celebrate something we enjoy.
Just ( for the millionth time) got fed up seeing those who post multiple times when things are going bad talk their BS, knowing that when things go good they hardly come here and when they do they don't post as much.

The team didn't advance, but I'm still proud they made the Dance.

horrible loss yes , But I will not stop defending the WBB program from those who seem to think the WBB program is better to knock ten support.
Seems your complements compared to bashes go to the mainly bash posts with a few good jobs put in after wins.
But the real Ha Ha is how you seem to enjoy showing up when the bad is going on and far less during the good.
That's your MO so lol all you please and I knew before coming on this board you'd be here the moment things looked like they were going south.
So acting like you knew I'd post like I did has me rotflmao

Okay man. My bad. Losing today didn’t suck. This program is back. National title next year baby!!!

This has always been the problem. Women's officiating as a whole is horrible. But the calls made against our women versus the non-calls against BYU were obvious and telling.

The officials know that Rutgers plays tough defense but they don't seem to care when it's tournament time. I watched some of the so-called elite teams and they foul like crazy and get away with it. Not Rutgers. I wish Stringer would finally come out and rip women's officiating, because it actually makes the bad officiating in the men's game seem like a miracle of quality.

Ripping them won't do anything - they're all bottom of the barrel, one or two steps up from volunteers. If they were better officials, they'd be working games that pay better. Any game between two roughly comparable teams can easily come down to a coin flip of which team benefited more from the 15-20 terrible calls.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
What is winning when you are paying a coach top money and you have a program that is mediocre at best these past years; and yes no need to compare it to the mens program we know the issues there; as we have discussed the game has passed her by and we need a new coach period not the same regime; its obvious this regime can't do it with these supposed top recruits time to move on
That was said 2years ago and wasn't true then.
CVS is still a good HC, it's the money that she is earning that offends you.
Being a winning program is not being a mediocre one and its still a respected one
under Stringers coaching.

As for comparing it to the men's program, that would have been a no brainer before.
No comparison, now RU MBB is gaining the respect that the RU WBB program already has and that's a good thing in my opinion

If Hobbs replaces Vivian, making you and a few others happy, he's better go for the best and be willing to pay for that hire, because he forced one the the best to leave.
Those like you who bring up salieries, hopefully won't complaine paying what t takes to keep the RU WBB program a winner and hopefully improve it .

Also, I get that you’re upset, BUT WE ALL ARE, because we ALL want this program to get back to where it belongs. Every single one of us (With or without CVS). Don’t ever think otherwise.
I’ve been around plenty this season. Nice try.
My reply refers to your statement; every single one of us w) or w/o) CVS. It's obvious that is not true. The group that shows up when we're down, flat out does not want us to get back to elite with CVS. I hope you are not in that category of negative only posters.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT