ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs JOHNNY game thread

Basketball is the one sport that officiating affects the most and you saw that tonight.

Reactions: AD888
I'm convinced RU was built on an Indian burial ground because we are undoubtedly cursed.

I'm surprised Lou Carneseca didn't have a stroke watching that mess. Just really bad basketball

have to make free throws, do not care that Sanders is athletic have to make foul shots.

That 3 being too late was like going to your crush's wedding and tackling your romantic rival for their hand right after an officiant pronounced them as a couple.

Reactions: bac2therac
That 3 being too late was like going to your crush's wedding and tackling your romantic rival for their hand right after an officiant pronounced them as a couple.

Ha. I mean of COURSE he made it. The purpose of Rutgers sports is to make their fans' experience as painful as possible.

Pass to the top of the key should have occurred sooner.
He wasted time going in, then throwing it out.
Guy was open before he penetrated,

Even if the right call was made at the end, we have ZERO chance of making the foul shots. Nothing will EVER change.

Reactions: bac2therac
Pass to the top of the key should have occurred sooner.
He wasted time going in, then throwing it out.
Guy was open before he penetrated,

I'm surprised Lou Carneseca didn't have a stroke watching that mess. Just really bad basketball

Fwiw, sju returned almost nobody from last year except 3 bench players who averaged a combined maybe 3 ppg. SJU plays only about 7 or 8 guys. The starting PG is ineligible and Kassoum Yakwe waiting on eligibility. We also
Have injuries to Darien Williams and Freshman Malik Ellison and transfers sitting out. Mussini and Sima are two freshmen. This SJU team is about as short handed and inexperienced as you'll ever seeing major D1 ball. I was happy with this effort by and large.

Wish I had a time machine to go back 46 years and change college choice. Just kidding of course but man it's tough to be a fan.

game threads always bring out the worst kind of people and even worse comments. Lots of stupid one liners.

Team played hard, lost it on the foul line with too many missed foul shots and the calls (no calls) were VERY questionable. This the type of game you win at home.

If I was EJ, I would protest this game. They should've had another conference refs riffing the game. However, 3 things they need to take from this game. 1. Stop taking quick shots 2. REBOUND 3. Must learn how to make fouls shots.

game threads always bring out the worst kind of people and even worse comments. Lots of stupid one liners.

Team played hard, lost it on the foul line with too many missed foul shots and the calls (no calls) were VERY questionable. This the type of game you win at home.
I hear you, but missing foul shots or not, one of those fouls should've been called.

This game is a classic reminder why Rutgers has been such a bad road team.A 16 point second half lead wiped out in a 61-59 loss.Rutgers simply could not score down the stretch which long suffering fans have seen far too many times in the past.

Rebound, Rebound. And Sanders was tripped, what a joke when we play that team.

Gotta get Freeman many more touches. Team that played the first 25 minutes was pretty good. Get better, rebound better, move on, play 32 really good minutes v. Creighton and beat them.

I like this team.

Another choke job ... At least we didn't get blown out.

Women lost too .. Does men's soccer complete the trifecta?

the womens team lost to SJU 69-62...their 7th straight loss to them...St Johns has clearly passed RU by and the game wasn't as close as the score as SJU led by 19...it may be time for CVS to retire early

Um, we missed 9 foul shots, they missed 11. Both teams were awful at the line but they had 10 more try's. The refs were awful and helped them build the momentum and just completely handed them the game at the end. What a joke.

Thank goodness I turned the thing off after the back to back 3s that cut it to 8. Could see where this was going with the refs. Seen it all before.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT