ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers expanding partnerships with Business

Scarlet16E

All American
Nov 22, 2005
Stoddard, NH
There is a mention of the proposed research park at the Livingston/Busch Gateway in this article. Barchi takes a lot of heat on these boards, but I think he is aiming at all the right things.

Link

Interesting read. Love the concept and you would like to think that major bio-pharma corporations would be very interested in extending partnerships with the university (if they haven't already done so).

Originally posted by Scarlet16E:
There is a mention of the proposed research park at the Livingston/Busch Gateway in this article. Barchi takes a lot of heat on these boards, but I think he is aiming at all the right things.
Lots of schools have these. In fact I work in the one that MD has (although its about a mile from campus). In this case, NOAA moving into the facility (from a facility about 20 miles away), led UMD to expand their atmospheric science program to include undergrads (thanks MD - 20 years to late for me). We seem to get a fair number of college students through here, doing internships and stuff, which is good for both us and them.

I hope Barchi can get this moving. Along with the hotel/conference center (something else Maryland is going right now in fact).

Barchi takes alot of heat, because contrary to their stated opinions, most people on this board dont really care about anything RU related except sports in more than a superficial, bragging rights kind of way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT