ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football suffers ugly loss to No. 22 Iowa on Saturday

But that pass he just threw up for grabs it didnt matter who whether it be offense, defense or refs. He just threw that just to throw it.. It was 5yds over the head of 1st receiver and 10yds short of 2nd receiver. That was one of the absolute worst passes I have ever seen he had the deer in the headlights look on that play. Why you have 2 receivers in the same spot is beyond me gotta ask Captain Kirk on that one
You are probably right about that last pass but the point is that RU passing game has been a weakness all season long, and the team has won games when the running game has been effective (over 100 ypg). So why not focus on running the ball more, win the time of possession to reduce the ware on our D? There are creative ways to run the ball that we didn't see much in this game (QB run, different RBs, my maybe WR, etc). Take a look at the stats by game and compare our passing vs our running and you will see it... their have been games were we pass the ball by less than 50 yards and we won the game because of our running game. Even Iowa was expecting us to run more the ball because they knew that was our strength but what do we do.. run away from our strength and into our an inconsistent mess of a game... SURPRISE IOWA WE GOT YOU NOW! lol .
It was a bad game but I'm sure coach will be ready for Maryland...

We were playing Iowa. Our game plan should have been run the ball a lot, make 0 mistakes, and play great defense against their terrible offense.

Their offense wasn’t terrible. We made a lot of mistakes. So we lost. That’s how it goes.
lol no

The B10 west is easier but our record vs it isn’t good and that’s also GS’ tenure as well.

PAC teams will be bringing offense, although UCLA has flipped this year with O and D, but one unknown is how the extra travel will affect them
I live in LA, grad of ASU, have watched thousands of hours of insufferable PAC 10 Football and I wouldn’t bet a damn dollar that the 4 PAC 10 teams are going to do F all against the BIG10 next year. Last time the Hawks played SC they smoked them. SC, WA look super impressive on highlights but honestly I have no idea what they’re going to look like against an Iowa or Rutgers D. I love PAC 10 FB but the defenses suck.

I live in LA, grad of ASU, have watched thousands of hours of insufferable PAC 10 Football and I wouldn’t bet a damn dollar that the 4 PAC 10 teams are going to do F all against the BIG10 next year. Last time the Hawks played SC they smoked them. SC, WA look super impressive on highlights but honestly I have no idea what they’re going to look like against an Iowa or Rutgers D. I love PAC 10 FB but the defenses suck.
UCLA’s defense is very good this year it’s there offense that’s not so great m. They’ve flipped.

I think Oregon’s defense is solid and their physical and their offense is good too.

USC’s defense sucks but they’re getting a new DC so who knows if it will get better or not. Kinda wonder if a current HC who might get fired like Aranda or Arnett might pop as candidates. They’ve both coached for Leach in their careers and on the west coast too. Leonhard is a name floated as well.

Effect of travel is the unknown for me. Plus many will be starting new qbs next year. Nix, Penix and Williams will be gone but their OCs or HCs have a history of doing well with multiple qbs.

Reactions: Pete in LA
Pete, that Iowa team that smoked USC was the last Iowa team that had a decent offense. The Iowa of today has a little better defense, but the offense is not close to that one.

By the time Gavin is throwing deep, the game is out of reach. The same to me as a Hail Mary into the end zone.

How about a deep ball when it's 0-0. Coaching staff is too chickenshit to try that. Where is case gets intercepted, which is probably longer than we can punt the ball anyway
Our deep passes are all 30+ yards against the sidelong. How about 20-25 yards crossing.

Reactions: Rokodesh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT