ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers hoops adds Bradley transfer guard Omari Grier

Carino confirmed it wasn't Sanders and there was prior speculation that it was KJ.

I'm very curious to see how Eddie rotates Daniels and Grier at SG.

Any possibility Greg or Mike could still be the one? Obviously, I hope both return but you never know.
Doubt it's Lewis. RU is already using him in its advertising for next season.

11249314_695111133949350_3738094312585393423_o.jpg

As much as I liked the grit of Mike Williams, he could be replaced. Don't know KJ that well. Seems to be an okay player.

Whatever happens, happens. This kid gives us length at 6 4 at the sg position. Seems like Ej is really stacking his guards. All about the guards these days.

If anyone hears anything keep up posted.

As much as I liked the grit of Mike Williams, he could be replaced. Don't know KJ that well. Seems to be an okay player.

Whatever happens, happens. This kid gives us length at 6 4 at the sg position. Seems like Ej is really stacking his guards. All about the guards these days.

If anyone hears anything keep up posted.

A lot of guards is the way to go. I'm still hoping for press and up-tempo play.

Regarding being over the limit; Is it possible that a 5th year guy moves from scholarship to some other form of financial assistance based on need? Is there a precedent for this happening at other programs?

Of course. That's the reason it's the trend. I want up tempo play, but big ten teams can out smart the press. What's a player like Batie doing? I don't think he's on scholarship. Maybe going somewhere he can play?

iinteresting to note that Omari Grier was a great three point shooter in hs. That seems to be of a little focus for him. Also was injured either last year or the year before.

Seems like a good kid though. Has size.

Also, doesn't turn the ball over a ton. Huge plus.

Of course. That's the reason it's the trend. I want up tempo play, but big ten teams can out smart the press. What's a player like Batie doing? I don't think he's on scholarship. Maybe going somewhere he can play?

B1G teams outsmart a press? I'm not sure I know what that means.

Press is about wearing down your opponent with lots of bodies or eating up lots of shot clock time to limit the time they have for their half court offense, hopefully leading to a rushed shot.

Big ten is the best coaching in the country. Teams in the big ten are academically better than other schools in D1 basketball. By outsmart the press, I mean they can beat the press. They can pass out of it instead of dribble, like a lot of bad teams will do.

higgins....come on buddy. Every Div 1 coach in the country know and practice the keys to beating a press, not just B1G coaches. Heck, HS coaches know how. It's about consistently applying pressure to wear guys out or force rushed shots. It about doing it and being backed by a loud and crazy home crowd....that's why it is used more on your home court.

You think every d1 coach knows exactly how to run a press? If a team consistently turns it over, obviously it is not that well practiced.

You're assuming every coach is an outstanding coach. That is a reason teams are at the bottom of their division.Just because you're a D1 coach, doesn't mean you're a fantastic coach.

Omari hit 40.8% of his 3's as a freshman at Florida Atlantic. He injured his hip and seems to have not been right the last 2 years. Hopefully he can hit some 3's this coming season. I think he or someone else might have to play the swing position at times as it seems as if Jonathan Laurent is our only small forward although I assume that possibly Foreman could play there at times. I hope we really do bring in the press and push the ball down the floor. We seem to have a lot of shooting guards with Daniels, Williams, Goode and Grier. Someone needs to play some minutes as a backup point guard. I assume that will be Williams or Goode.

Yeah, I am hoping he can return to form,Art. I think KJ and JL can both play a small forward position. Probably DJF as well. I want to see EJ implement what he was known for-a fast break.

Hmmm we gave Goode a free ride last year when we weren't expecting to maybe we tell him for one year you have to give it back to us. Just saying there are a bunch of scenarios to play around with this roster.

Grier has played at the RAC before as a member of the Jersey Shore Warriors.

Highlights from 2010: I have not watched it yet because it's over 9 minutes. Will watch it later.

OMARI GRIER The 2010 National Prep Showcase MCI VS NIA "6 Three Pointers In The 1st Half"

I wonder what happen with Omari at FAU. Seemed to be paying well and then caught the bench.

Interesting.

I saw parts of the highlight. Looks like a pure Shooter. Every shot he made was a swish, I did not see one of them hit the rim and rattled in.

I really like how Jordan is putting together this team. Looking forward to next year.

Last edited:
KJ is an undersized power forward. Has played the post his whole career from aau up. Idk why the idea is he can transition to sf or even sg. Looking through those scarlet colored lenses hoping he will be something.

KJ is an undersized power forward. Has played the post his whole career from aau up. Idk why the idea is he can transition to sf or even sg. Looking through those scarlet colored lenses hoping he will be something.

Did I miss something about KJ ??

I hope so, choppin. Grier has the length and a good head on his shoulders. Positives are hes a great kid, has size, and has a history of being a good shooter. Last two years at Bradley U his shooting wasn't great. I am hoping coming back from injury he will return to form.

Still think KJ can be a 3. It has been said also has a shot. Continuing to play the 4 undersized will lead to him not being in his most productive spot and overfouling.

Batie and Johnson left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT