ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Indiana Prediction Thread

Think it's more like the Northwestern game. But I think they're just a little bit better than Northwestern.

24-10 RU

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
Not funny anymore.

KLzgAbL.jpg

RU: 27
IU: 10

Rutgers has taken over several games in the 4th quarter, whether they had the lead or not. This is one where an early 2 score lead can cause Indiana to lay down. They don't have the CHOP mentality. Rutgers does and even if a slow start happens again, they'll wear down the Hoosiers. No trap game for Rutgers as they're very hungry for win #6 and there's a bye week before Ohio State.

Ok, Cynical. I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but I don't see it here. The B1G simply has no vested interest in tilting the scales in favor of Indiana.
They have to support teh idea that Rutgers is among the most penalized teams... so they can continue to make up calls against us and say.. see.. they get penalized a lot... this was not out of the norm for them.

They have to support teh idea that Rutgers is among the most penalized teams... so they can continue to make up calls against us and say.. see.. they get penalized a lot... this was not out of the norm for them.
I'm assuming this is being cynical...As you know, we are amongst the least penalized. Though, it got me to look and then realize- we are dead last in penalties that have been called against our opposition.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Call me cynical, but I put the outcome squarely in the hands of the officials. I'm worried that our defense won't be able to get off the field because Indiana will receive multiple gift pass interference and roughing the passer calls on 3rd and long.
I usually like your posts, I don’t understand this one. Were there some bad calls against RU in the MSU game…? Yes. But there is no concerted bias against RU. They played poorly in the first half against MSU and they came back to win. If they lose at IU, it will be because they don’t play well enough. They should win but if they play bad, it won’t happen.
I will go:

Rutgers - 24
Indiana - 16

Reactions: LeapinLou
I usually like your posts, I don’t understand this one. Were there some bad calls against RU in the MSU game…? Yes. But there is no concerted bias against RU. They played poorly in the first half against MSU and they came back to win. If they lose at IU, it will be because they don’t play well enough. They should win but if they play bad, it won’t happen.
I will go:

Rutgers - 24
Indiana - 16
The first drive by MSU may have been the only one that was not aided.

I would say this- I don't think Refs are trying to tank a game for someone but they for sure tend to mistake on the side of one team over the other way too often.

Spread is up to RU -6
Something like 24 RU
17- 21 Indiana.
With RU running the ball to control the game at the end.
Prefer a blowout. But that will require RU defense and ST to score

It’s funny- I watched the podcast with the Indiana guy on it. The more he talked, tge more confident I became. I agree with Richie on this one- game similar to NWU.
24-7
The more I read this board , the more confident I get . I am gonna lay the 6 !

Rutgers 24, Indiana 6

The first drive by MSU may have been the only one that was not aided.

I would say this- I don't think Refs are trying to tank a game for someone but they for sure tend to mistake on the side of one team over the other way too often.
Oh I think the B1G refs will make/not make calls that in their collective opinion benefit the league--there is no way tOSU would get a flag that could cost them a game vs RU, or Indy, Purdue etc. When in doubt in a more even matchup, such as a MSU or Wisc team in a down year vs. RU, they will default to favoring the traditional league power. Hoping the B1G likes RU being in the bowl picture now and the refs do us some favors today.

Haven't seen Indiana play this year. But Schiano, is gonna Schiano. Here comes that unexpected - clumsy L.

Indy 17
RU 14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT