ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Iowa / Game Thread

How can Harper, Gene and Doorson not not able to know down a Hail Mary cross court pass!!? The odds of that play working are probably 1 in 1000. Unreal. And yes, pretty sure inbounder stepped in the court before throwing it

Lots of teams get beat on buzzer beaters. I mean, that one was particularly brutal, but I'm more pissed about that f*cking fake goaltend.
Lots of teams get beat on a full court pass with 3.3 secs left from the coffin corner on a bank shot 3?:confused:

Reactions: ScarletDave
She's like there's no way Rutgers can lose

2183390c33417d017eaed6a53d80fb64.gif

Terrible way to go down but Rutgers basketball is back.... this team is good. Lose like that tonight then in OT to an Illinois team who is on a role. This team can beat anyone in the big 10 tourney. I wouldn’t be surprised at another semi final run.

Gee look what I found. Beyond effin' lucky. Pike will rethink this and should have had someone like Myles on the inbounder. Still Iowa has now had two ridiculous wins. They're on the streak. And I'm still DAMN PROUD of our kids. They DESERVED TO WIN THIS _UCKIN' GAME!!!

Last edited:
Shouldve had johnson on the inbound and issa shouldve been in too. Regardless the shot was extremely ridiculous and had like a 3/100 shot of going in

You absolutely cannot allow them to make that touchdown pass.

2 Rutgers guys go up and I thought they had it and it bounces into the corner to an Iowa player who hits a three.

You cannot allow that pass to be completed with 3.2 seconds left. Go up and get that ball.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Gee look what I found. Beyond effin' lucky. Pike will rethink this and should have had someone like Myles on the inbounder. Still Iowa has now had two ridiculous wins. They're on the streak. And I'm still DAMN PROUD of our kids. The DESERVED TO WIN THIS _UCKIN' GAME!!!

As I've said a few times before - that was the best possible shot we could have asked for. The only type of shot we could have asked that would have been harder than that one was no shot at all. The chances of preventing no shot at all are unlikely. If you told me we could have had a chance at Iowa taking no shot at all, but with the risk of an easier look, or they take the shot they took, I'll take the latter every time.

You could question the staff on many things today, but saying they could have forced Iowa into a worse situation than the one they found themselves in isn't one.

Reactions: Pancho1939
Tez needs to make free throws but to his credit he is the one who got the steal and made the cut and catch.. both were tough plays. Just needs to make the FTs. Personally tez looked flustered today and I would have taken him out TODAY. However him in defense is much better than mcconnell

Shouldve had johnson on the inbound and issa shouldve been in too. Regardless the shot was extremely ridiculous and had like a 3/100 shot of going in
How about a 1 in a 1,000 chance!

How about a 1 in a 1,000 chance!

Yah..3 in 100?? 1 in 1000 is more like it. A banker from that angle is nuts and would seriously only go in vs us.

Nothing to do but laugh

How can Harper, Gene and Doorson not not able to know down a Hail Mary cross court pass!!? The odds of that play working are probably 1 in 1000. Unreal. And yes, pretty sure inbounder stepped in the court before throwing it

He did

As I've said a few times before - that was the best possible shot we could have asked for. The only type of shot we could have asked that would have been harder than that one was no shot at all. You could question the staff on many things, but saying they could have forced Iowa into a worse shot than that one isn't one.
What are you talking about????!!!! It was one of the luckiest shots I've ever seen in 50 years! All I said was Pike will want to rethink this endgame strategy. Put a big man on the inbounder and possibly have Thiam in there too.

Tez needs to make free throws but to his credit he is the one who got the steal and made the cut and catch.. both were tough plays. Just needs to make the FTs. Personally tez looked flustered today and I would have taken him out TODAY. However him in defense is much better than mcconnell
You're underestimating McConnell's defense.

Fair point... it's brutal.
Yea this is pretty much as brutal as it gets. Only thing worse would be if he made the full shot. But even then we'd have like 3 secs to get a shot off at least.[laughing]

But what do I know. I'm still trying to figure out how you can grab someone unintentionally. In all my life I've never grabbed anyone unintentionally even when I was falling down. I knew if I grabbed them it would lesson my fall. But apparently it does happen the refs just told me so.

Last edited:
Reactions: ajwsc1987
What are you talking about????!!!! It was one of the luckiest shots I've ever seen in 50 years! All I said was Pike will want to rethink this endgame strategy. Put a big man on the inbounder and possibly have Thiam in there too.

This .

Don't f***Ing 2nd guess the defense. That was something that we'll never see ever again in our lifetimes. It sure would never go in for us

Sure, and then they get a better percentage shot than the one they got. Look, that was an impossible shot which went in. This is a gut punch.
Worse than Danke from GWU and that cross court turnaround jumper in OT.

Did the inbounded step onto the court on deep pass?
I don't think he did. I watched a replay from the actual play and it looked like his foot was fine. I could only watch once because I'm so mad though and it's pretty far away so I could be wrong.

I saw on the view behind the inbounder and I was wondering the same thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT