ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Uconn 9PM ESPN2

I just want to see us come out strong, be on fire, and get ahead. I don't want to see one of these games where UConn rolls to a big lead, and the other team spends all game trying to "whittle" the lead to 12.

TOUGHNESS...LOVE IT...we are taking right to them....Copper must be careful but Stewart now has 3

Rutgers is not intimidated and already the UConn coaches are whining...too bad

13-8 down

Why not let the ball go out of bounds on that uconn three point shot. Saved it to a uuconn player and then they got a three out of it. Have to play perfectly to have any chance. Also have to play smart.

I think I can see why the UCONN men's hoops player was complaing about the lack of food at the training table last year. Ha

The key for Rutgers so far is that they are not intimidated by UConn.If they stay away from the stupid fouls,they might be able to stay in the game because UConn is missing shots.Very impressive start by Rutgers.21-16 UConn.

Briyona sitting with 3 fouls, and Essie unable to play... there go our point guards. this isn't going to be pretty.

Very important few minutes here. We can try to get it close, or they can murder us going towards the end of 1st.

Further in the "regardless of the outcome" category, kudos to Parker and Butts for playing their hearts out without the glory some others get.

When Scaife,Copper and Laney are missing shots,its tap city.Uconn leads 35-18

UConn shoots a better percentage from 3 pt line, then our men do from the free throw line ! lol.

RUTGERS is busting their asses today...proud of this effort...they are not playing scared even though they are falling behind by alot

I have been saying this for years, so it's not sour grapes, but I really, really, really hate hate hate it when the UConn bench does the high five line thing after a Husky makes a three.

Such BS...uconn goes over the back literally every time with no call. They don't have to cheat to get rebounds -- that's happening anyway. But the over the back stuff drives me nuts

We have the last shot of half and Butts tries to force shot with 13 seconds. Just not smart.

Looks to me like our bench knew they were going to have to step up, and despite the score, they have.

Originally posted by Trekology:

Originally posted by BeKnighted:
I really, really, really hate hate hate UConn
FTFY
LOL.

So, look, I know how this game is going to come out, but Essy out, Rachel hurting and Briyona in foul trouble, I'm focused on some other things. Tyler really is fearless, Shrita is making some contributions and Cynthia has given the team some quality minutes. I wish Kahleah was playing better, but it's still making me hopeful for next year.

And this is why I really hate ESPN's coverage of the NCAA tournament.

CBS/Turner has a recap of the half and what the team that is trailing needs to get back into the game.

ESPN has already put UConn in the elite 8 before this game is done and the next is even played. Practically no mention of Rutgers at all.

Oh and do I really need to hear about Rebecca Lobo's hair color? Neigh!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT