ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer at NC State

And now we give up another 88th minute goal… soccer is off to a disastrous start all around.

And for the 2nd. straight game we give up a goal in the 88th minute. UNREAL. 1-1 now.

Not sure how people can get lazy in the 88th minute especially when ball is coming into the box. No killer instinct unfortunately.

Should have won 2-1 but once again we miss gimme goals.

This team has so many weaknesses it's hard to know where to begin. More tomorrow.

What are fans supposed to do when you lose to Hofstra and blow a W with two min left? The glass half-full thing doesn’t apply to sports.
Why doesn't it? If you actually knew how hard the players work on and off the field you'd have more perspective. This was the best game they've played all year and still not at full strength. This team will only get better.

Also they have whined every season. Even the 2021 college cup team they whined about.

Sadly he’s right. it’s definitely the best game we played all season but we came up short in two of the three defining moments of the game.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Why doesn't it? If you actually knew how hard the players work on and off the field you'd have more perspective. This was the best game they've played all year and still not at full strength. This team will only get better.
I think you fail to understand that we BLEW THE LEAD with 2 min left. You act like we were losing 1-0 and came back to tie. If it was the latter I would agree with you. We also let up a late goal against HOFSTRA to lose the game. Are you on drugs or something? Nevertheless, I’m not suggesting they won’t finish in the top 25 and get their sh*t together. MO will get it done.

I think you fail to understand that we BLEW THE LEAD with 2 min left. You act like we were losing 1-0 and came back to tie. If it was the latter I would agree with you. We also let up a late goal against HOFSTRA to lose the game. Are you on drugs or something? Nevertheless, I’m not suggesting they won’t finish in the top 25 and get their sh*t together. MO will get it done.
Both were fluky goals. The Hofstra one was a breakaway goal after a mishandle.. the goal today was wrong place wrong time.

Love your last two sentences.

This team has so many weaknesses it's hard to know where to begin. More tomorrow.
Guys not sure what game you’re watching we didn’t have a shot on goal the last about 65 minutes of the game
We had 0 corner kicks so tell me what game did you see Rutgers play a good game again it shouldn’t come down to letting in 1 fluky goal
As Dad says this team has many weaknesses and Sam returning is not going to cure all our problems will it help sure but not enough

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
Team is inexplicably unlucky so far this year. But its actually a good team. They lost and drew the last 2 games but the ball hits a different shoelace and we win 3-0 and 2-1. By Big Ten season they will be fine

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Guys not sure what game you’re watching we didn’t have a shot on goal the last about 65 minutes of the game
We had 0 corner kicks so tell me what game did you see Rutgers play a good game again it shouldn’t come down to letting in 1 fluky goal
As Dad says this team has many weaknesses and Sam returning is not going to cure all our problems will it help sure but not enough
We will be fine. Best game we played all year. I have seen this team enough over the years to know. Also confirmed my belief with others that have seen this team for many years.

We will be fine. Best game we played all year. I have seen this team enough over the years to know. Also confirmed my belief with others that have seen this team for many years.

The team played ok, but I am not sure know that we will be fine.
We have scored 3 goals in 3 games, that is not good enough. We generated 0 corners last night. That is not good.
The team has talent. However, they have not shown me that they are good enough offensively to have a good season.

Reactions: biazza38
The team played ok, but I am not sure know that we will be fine.
We have scored 3 goals in 3 games, that is not good enough. We generated 0 corners last night. That is not good.
The team has talent. However, they have not shown me that they are good enough offensively to have a good season.
This is all you need to say. Spot on.

This program still lacks an identity on attack and it's been like this for years. This is a really mediocre NC State team that we should have handily beat 3-0. Saying this is the best we've played all season is highly misleading.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
As I posted earlier, IMO we have multiple weaknesses.
I don't think that we have top notch talent overall. Except for Tiernan we lack speed.
Gia Vicari from Georgetown has not shown anything. She is not strong on the ball period.
Naila Schoefberger at CB, though slightly better last night, is a turnover waiting to happen. Poor, sloppy & errant passes & poor decisions.
Allie Post at center mid has not been the answer--not quick or strong on the ball. Kaylie Daigle is limited as well.
Riley Tiernan commits too many cheap fouls, sometimes resulting in set pieces in the final third.
As a team we give up the midfield. How critical is that? Latter part of 1st half & whole 2nd half we let NCS march into the final third. Don't know if that was by design or not but it puts way too much pressure on us. Bound to eventually have a break down, a set piece, a corner, or a fluke play result in a goal.
We struggle to connect on throw ins while allowing the opponent to successfully complete theirs.
We are generally poor on our set pieces. For example, last night Daigle drove a line drive right into the wall & NCS was off to the races with the rebound.
While I thought our passing was a little better last night, it has generally been sloppy. We haven't moved the ball crisply or sharply.
Haven't seen anything to write home about off the bench.
Getting Sam Kroeger back should clearly help and I would stick he right in the middle to start with. Emily Mason able to play a full game will also help.
Believe so far we lack Gabby Provenzano type leadership.
Teams do improve during the course of a season, whether or not this team does will depend on the players & the coaches both getting better.

Last edited:
As I posted earlier, IMO we have multiple weaknesses.
I don't think that we have top notch talent overall. Except for Tiernan we lack speed.
Gia Vicari from Georgetown has not shown anything. She is not strong on the ball period.
Naila Schoefberger at CB, though slightly better last night, is a turnover waiting to happen. Poor, sloppy & errant passes & poor decisions.
Allie Post at center mid has not been the answer--not quick or strong on the ball. Kaylie Daigle is limited as well.
Riley Tiernan commits too many cheap fouls, sometimes resulting in set pieces in the final third.
As a team we give up the midfield. How critical is that? Latter part of 1st half & whole 2nd half we let NCS march into the final third. Don't know if that was by design or not but it puts way too much pressure on us. Bound to eventually have a break down, a set piece, a corner, or a fluke play result in a goal.
We struggle to connect on throw ins while allowing the opponent to successfully complete theirs.
We are generally poor on our set pieces. For example, last night Daigle drove a line drive right into the wall & NCS was off to the races with the rebound.
While I though our passing was a little better last night, it has generally been sloppy. We haven't moved the ball crisply or sharply.
Haven't seen anything to write home about off the bench.
Getting Sam Kroeger back should clearly help and I would stick he right in the middle to start with. Emily Mason able to play a full game will also help.
Believe so far we lack Gabby Provenzano type leadership.
Teams do improve during the course of a season, whether or not this team does will depend on the players & the coaches both getting better.
This is so unnecessary. Every team has weaknesses and strengths. Rutgers will get better as they get healthy.

Team is inexplicably unlucky so far this year. But its actually a good team. They lost and drew the last 2 games but the ball hits a different shoelace and we win 3-0 and 2-1. By Big Ten season they will be fine
Excises. I’m sure things will turn for them, but that’s not the point we’re all trying to make your colon. It’s about seeding in the NCAA tournament. These two games have screwed us in a big way. Watch.

Oh, and it’s also about the same thing year after year: the offense not being able to put the ball in the net and the defense, while playing great for 80 minutes, caving in the final 10. Nothing new here.

Excises. I’m sure things will turn for them, but that’s not the point we’re all trying to make your colon. It’s about seeding in the NCAA tournament. These two games have screwed us in a big way. Watch.

Oh, and it’s also about the same thing year after year: the offense not being able to put the ball in the net and the defense, while playing great for 80 minutes, caving in the final 10. Nothing new here.
You'll find a reason to complain about anything. Always have always will.

You'll find a reason to complain about anything. Always have always will.
Bullshit. I don’t “complain.” Maybe you should look up the definition because there’s a difference between doing that and being pissed off and/or critical.

You don’t get it, do you? We want the team do well and get seeded high in the postseason. These were both a very bad loss and a awful
tie. These two things never should’ve happened. At the worse it should have been a tie against Hofstra and a victory against North Carolina State. Having the two opposite things happen in the 88 minute of each game is completely inexcusable. What are you missing?

Bullshit. I don’t “complain.” Maybe you should look up the definition because there’s a difference between doing that and being pissed off and/or critical.

You don’t get it, do you? We want the team do well and get seeded high in the postseason. These were both a very bad loss and a awful
tie. These two things never should’ve happened. At the worse it should have been a tie against Hofstra and a victory against North Carolina State. Having the two opposite things happen in the 88 minute of each game is completely inexcusable. What are you missing?
Still haven't lost a conference game yet. Young season. A lot of time to make up for the unlucky start.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT