ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer at NC State

So what happens when we pick off PSU, MSU, and Wisconsin?
"If "ifs and whens were bolts and nuts we'd all be screwed."

Seriously I hope we do, You know that, HOWEVER, that doesn't take away from the FACT that 1) that was a HORRIBLE loss and a BAD TIE and 2) both WILL very likely hurt out NCAA seeding.

What is so difficult to understand about this??

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
"If "ifs and whens were bolts and nuts we'd all be screwed."

Seriously I hope we do, You know that, HOWEVER, that doesn't take away from the FACT that 1) that was a HORRIBLE loss and a BAD TIE and 2) both WILL very likely hurt out NCAA seeding.

What is so difficult to understand about this??
Because upsets happen and I think you're being unnecessarily harsh. Just like we win games we aren't supposed to, sometimes we lose games we aren't supposed to. Games aren't won or lost on paper.

Because upsets happen and I think you're being unnecessarily harsh. Just like we win games we aren't supposed to, sometimes we lose games we aren't supposed to. Games aren't won or lost on paper.
He’s not being unnecessarily harsh.
This used to be an elite program. And over the last 7 games, it has taken a step back.
No one is punting on the season, but the results should be better
FDU is next. They have lost 3-0 to St John’s and 4-0 to Monmouth. We HAVE to score in that game

DUDE…BOTH games BLOWN in the 88th minute!!! One on a shot from about 39-yards out. Stop it.
You can't converse with people who lack basic knowledge of the sport. When someone tries to rationalize that we played "well" because we had alot of shots on goal in the first half then you know you're dealing with a fraud. That's like saying we had more 1st downs at the half but we lost 35-7.

As I posted earlier, IMO we have multiple weaknesses.
I don't think that we have top notch talent overall. Except for Tiernan we lack speed.
Gia Vicari from Georgetown has not shown anything. She is not strong on the ball period.
Naila Schoefberger at CB, though slightly better last night, is a turnover waiting to happen. Poor, sloppy & errant passes & poor decisions.
Allie Post at center mid has not been the answer--not quick or strong on the ball. Kaylie Daigle is limited as well.
Riley Tiernan commits too many cheap fouls, sometimes resulting in set pieces in the final third.
As a team we give up the midfield. How critical is that? Latter part of 1st half & whole 2nd half we let NCS march into the final third. Don't know if that was by design or not but it puts way too much pressure on us. Bound to eventually have a break down, a set piece, a corner, or a fluke play result in a goal.
We struggle to connect on throw ins while allowing the opponent to successfully complete theirs.
We are generally poor on our set pieces. For example, last night Daigle drove a line drive right into the wall & NCS was off to the races with the rebound.
While I thought our passing was a little better last night, it has generally been sloppy. We haven't moved the ball crisply or sharply.
Haven't seen anything to write home about off the bench.
Getting Sam Kroeger back should clearly help and I would stick he right in the middle to start with. Emily Mason able to play a full game will also help.
Believe so far we lack Gabby Provenzano type leadership.
Teams do improve during the course of a season, whether or not this team does will depend on the players & the coaches both getting better.
Great analysis and review getting Sam back will help but I don’t understand how people say we will improve!!
This is the SAME team that struggled to score the second half of last year and have shown zero improvements so far this year so I see no reason for optimism
ASI mentioned and was mentioned by someone else his recruiting has been awful it’s been 3 years since we had a freshman who can step in and help and that was Riley No one since

Open invite to sit with me at a future game, and if you sit where I sit you prob wouldn't say half the shit you all type here regularly. GTFOH with this "taken a step back" nonsense.

Unless something drastically changes we are not going to make the postseason and maybe that’s the wake-up call we need this coaching staff needs
Mike is beyond stubborn and he just signed an extension. There's no wakeup call coming.

He believes he can get by on PDA. He can't. One of Mike's biggest knocks is that he's a lazy recruiter. It was like that when he was an assistant with Glen and it's continued now. There is a tremendous surplus of talent in this state to harvest but he's unmotivated to put the work in. Until someone blows it all up this program will continue to be competitive but underwhelming, if that makes sense.

Our bar is so low here that many are cool with this. That's fine. For many surface fans who look at the overall record they dont get it but if you're tied in to NJ soccer you know that people were not excited when the extension was handed out.

O'Neil did get the to a final 4 but I guess his coaching and recruiting was to blame for not winning a championship.

BTW: NC State did receive votes in top 25.

When Pike loses his first game with Ace and Dylan. Dad and Dentist will want want Pike fired?

You guys get way to down about everything. Are you going to still complain about Kassidy Banks. LOL!!

Your kids must have been miserable after every soccer game listening to you complain afterward. JK!!

Let's hope in Big 10 play RU picks it up.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
O'Neil did get the to a final 4 but I guess his coaching and recruiting was to blame for not winning a championship.

When Pike loses his first game with Ace and Dylan. Dad and Dentist will want want Pike fired?

You guys get way to down about everything. Are you going to still complain about Kassidy Banks. LOL!!

Your kids must have been miserable after every soccer game listening to you complain afterward. JK!!

I’m sorry if an honest discussion about the team during the season on a message board offends you but that’s kinda the point of this forum no?

Open invite to sit with me at a future game, and if you sit where I sit you prob wouldn't say half the shit you all type here regularly. GTFOH with this "taken a step back" nonsense.
Dude…you’re NOT listening. I bet $1M that every girl on the team would say the same thing that we’ve been saying about the first two games. You’re completely missing the point that we’re trying to make.

His in-state recruiting from PDA is absolutely fantastic. No one has ever said otherwise. The rest of his recruiting efforts MEHHHHH.

Reactions: biazza38
Mike is beyond stubborn and he just signed an extension. There's no wakeup call coming.

He believes he can get by on PDA. He can't. One of Mike's biggest knocks is that he's a lazy recruiter. It was like that when he was an assistant with Glen and it's continued now. There is a tremendous surplus of talent in this state to harvest but he's unmotivated to put the work in. Until someone blows it all up this program will continue to be competitive but underwhelming, if that makes sense.

Our bar is so low here that many are cool with this. That's fine. For many surface fans who look at the overall record they dont get it but if you're tied in to NJ soccer you know that people were not excited when the extension was handed out.
I just looked at Nj.com review of top returning high school players
One going to UCLA
One going to TCU
And last one UVA
Not one mention of Rutgers
If he just signed an extension what motivation does he have he his Rutgers contract his PDA which I am sure is a cash cow and Rutgers soccer camps

His in-state recruiting from PDA is absolutely fantastic. No one has ever said otherwise. The rest of his recruiting efforts MEHHHHH.
It’s not fantastic best girl this year went to UNC so yeah he gets of course his share from there but they’re not nearly all the best girls in Jersey like I said above if he was getting the top girls you should be getting at least 2 girls a year minimum to come in and contribute
Last Allie Post was the only freshman who played and I think she scored 1 goal the whole year and she doesn’t look like she will contribute much this year

It’s not fantastic best girl this year went to UNC so yeah he gets of course his share from there but they’re not nearly all the best girls in Jersey like I said above if he was getting the top girls you should be getting at least 2 girls a year minimum to come in and contribute
Last Allie Post was the only freshman who played and I think she scored 1 goal the whole year and she doesn’t look like she will contribute much this year
Why don't we talk about this....

The highly recruited states for d1 programs are CA, TX, FL and CO. We have 1 player from FL. I can live with that.

Tier two with states comparable to NJ from a talent perspective. NY, PA, NC, VA, OH, IL and to some extent MA. We have two from NY and three from PA. This is awful.

The rest of our roster is from NJ. Of the 30 ladies on this roster, 22 players or 75% are from PDA. Again, this is awful.

We have no international presence. Disappointing...

You are a couple seasons removed from a college cup. How have you not leveraged this into an expanded recruiting footprint? How are you not pursuing the best players in your region? Forget nationally....

As I said, one of mike's biggest knocks is that he is a lazy recruiter.

I’m sorry if an honest discussion about the team during the season on a message board offends you but that’s kinda the point of this forum no?
Chill Out dude.....I am sorry that you take sports way to serious....

Picking on 18-22 year olds is not for me. I root them on win or lose....and believe it or not they have done way more winning.

Why don't we talk about this....

The highly recruited states for d1 programs are CA, TX, FL and CO. We have 1 player from FL. I can live with that.

Tier two with states comparable to NJ from a talent perspective. NY, PA, NC, VA, OH, IL and to some extent MA. We have two from NY and three from PA. This is awful.

The rest of our roster is from NJ. Of the 30 ladies on this roster, 22 players or 75% are from PDA. Again, this is awful.

We have no international presence. Disappointing...

You are a couple seasons removed from a college cup. How have you not leveraged this into an expanded recruiting footprint? How are you not pursuing the best players in your region? Forget nationally....

As I said, one of mike's biggest knocks is that he is a lazy recruiter.
One of the freshmen are out for the season. At least 2 are already getting major minutes off the bench.

The 2021 freshman class was absolutely elite. They're juniors now. Have to also remember Mia Justus decommitted late.

The irony here is that you all will criticize GS or Pikes for not getting top NJ players but you'll attack MO for it.

Something tells me all these attacks that were seeing here against MO are a result from something personal.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Nice discussion and I do not want to interfere but just add a small note.
The 2024 recruits were real but what has been unsaid is who the six committed players are

Three mids and two backs. Two girls from the Michigan hawks that is essentially as well thought of as pda. The prize is Alaena Bradley from Oregon/ wash. Alaena is the starting attacking mid on the usnt u16/17 team
Two pda Zarephat and one from pda south

So we took 7 forwards this year so that didn’t seem the 2024 target but I am sure we would have taken Sophia Bradley if she were interested

Ok I’m done csrry on

Nice discussion and I do not want to interfere but just add a small note.
The 2024 recruits were real but what has been unsaid is who the six committed players are

Three mids and two backs. Two girls from the Michigan hawks that is essentially as well thought of as pda. The prize is Alaena Bradley from Oregon/ wash. Alaena is the starting attacking mid on the usnt u16/17 team
Two pda Zarephat and one from pda south

So we took 7 forwards this year so that didn’t seem the 2024 target but I am sure we would have taken Sophia Bradley if she were interested

Ok I’m done csrry on
But this doesn't go along with the fake narrative from know it alls here that MO can't recruit outside of NJ....

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
One of the freshmen are out for the season. At least 2 are already getting major minutes off the bench.

The 2021 freshman class was absolutely elite. They're juniors now. Have to also remember Mia Justus decommitted late.

The irony here is that you all will criticize GS or Pikes for not getting top NJ players but you'll attack MO for it.

Something tells me all these attacks that were seeing here against MO are a result from something personal.
But this doesn't go along with the fake narrative from know it alls here that MO can't recruit outside of NJ....
There is no fake narrative. The roster speaks for itself.

Picking on 18-22 year olds is not for me. I root them on win or lose....and believe it or not they have done way more winning.
We are not picking on any girls most of our beef has to do with the head coach and his style of coaching
We point out some individuals but we are also very complimentary to the girls

2 of the freshmen got 13 and 19 minutes that’s not major minutes
Also Mia didn’t decommit late she committed very early and then we still couldn’t get her here after she transferred out of FSU and we know she would have started for us this year but she wanted Texas

• Haha
We are not picking on any girls most of our beef has to do with the head coach and his style of coaching
We point out some individuals but we are also very complimentary to the girls
Laughable. You have pounded on Kassidy Banks for 4 years. She was a converted forward with toughness and strength. The team needed defenders so she played defense and has blossomed into a great CB.

I don’t comment on the players so please don’t group me in with other folks. In the same breath I have no problem with being critical of the program. This isn’t some group 1 high school program.

And btw nothing I’ve said is way too serious

Laughable. You have pounded on Kassidy Banks for 4 years. She was a converted forward with toughness and strength. The team needed defenders so she played defense and has blossomed into a great CB.
I was very complimentary of Kassidy last year, pointing to her growth & have been this year as well. Get your facts straight.

Reactions: richthedentist
Found this from last year - I guess @Luvscarletknights was right.
My issue is she keeps getting beaten. You can't have that in tight games against better competition. And you can't blame another girl for Kassidy's error. Hope I'm wrong that she was beaten, but don't think so. Glad you support the women in a positive manner. Happy to have company in that regard.

And then this was said yesterday:

I was very complimentary of Kassidy last year, pointing to her growth & have been this year as well. Get your facts straight.

Not a good look.

Found this from last year - I guess @Luvscarletknights was right.

And then this was said yesterday:

Not a good look.
Well turns out he was wrong, because I posted just what I said I did last year--that she grew a great deal last year & was playing very good soccer by the end of last year. And I have complimented her play this year. Go back & dig up those posts. On second thought, I may not have posted about her play this year, but have mentioned it to people.

Last edited:
Well turns out he was wrong, because I posted just what I said I did last year--that she grew a great deal last year & was playing very good soccer by the end of last year. And I have complimented her play this year. Go back & dig up those posts. On second thought, I may not have posted about her play this year, but have mentioned it to people.
Laughable....Now doubling down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT