ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer at NC State

I don’t comment on the players so please don’t group me in with other folks. In the same breath I have no problem with being critical of the program. This isn’t some group 1 high school program.

And btw nothing I’ve said is way too serious
Should have used the term "overreact".

We are 1-1-1. Yet we can't recruit, we can't coach, and PDA/NJ players are not the answer. A few others already have us out of NCAA's

Hard to replace a 6-year starter in goal. Hard to replace 2 main starters who get injured.

When I saw the loss to Hofstra the first thing I thought unfortunately was "goalie mistake". I have not seen the play but a few think she made a mistake. Growing pains.....

Should have used the term "overreact".

We are 1-1-1. Yet we can't recruit, we can't coach, and PDA/NJ players are not the answer. A few others already have us out of NCAA's

Hard to replace a 6-year starter in goal. Hard to replace 2 main starters who get injured.

When I saw the loss to Hofstra the first thing I thought unfortunately was "goalie mistake". I have not seen the play but a few think she made a mistake. Growing pains.....
As stated above this started last year we were 9-0 and went 4-5-2 over the 11 games and only scored more than 1 goal in 3 out of those 11 games so this is a problem of no offense that we had with our 2 main starters playing and Riley who’s supposed to be our best offensive player only had 4 goals and 6 assists last year.
I am not getting on individual girls I am 100% getting on the poor job by our coaches!!

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
The fact that I pulled actual evidence and @rudad02 still doubles down is wild to me.

Wild how many people live in an alternate universe.
You & you're buddy are dead wrong regarding what I posted re: Kassidy & her much improved play last year. And she is playing very well this year as I have noted.
I have no reason to misrepresent what I have said & will always own what I say & have said. I have been going to the games & rooting for the RU women for at least 12 years. You two glorified cheer leaders need to get your facts straight & get your heads out of your asses.

Last edited:
You & you're buddy are dead wrong regarding what I posted re: Kassidy & her much improved play last year. And she is playing very well this year as I have noted.
I have no reason to misrepresent what I have said & will always own what I say & have said. I have been going to the games & rooting for the RU women for at least 12 years. You two glorified cheer leaders need to get your facts straight & get your heads out of your asses.
Exactly
Dad there is nothing we want more than not only Rutgers women's soccer to win but all sports as we always comment on all the other sports; we are just more critical of the soccer program because I believe it is one we more closely following
As you said we are and have been very complimentary to the girls specific players and the team but I believe this is 100% on the coaches as their schemes do not put us in a proper position to win with offense aka score goals
Someone commented on how we made the final four only 2 years ago well one thing we have seen is how good Amirah was and how she covered up a lot of our offensive shortcomings with her talent and skill and speed
Well we don't have an Amirah right now and with his playing the same style it is really showing on the offensive side of the ball
People have said well we let in 2 bad goals but the bottom line in both of those games is if the offense shows up then a fluke goal shouldn't even matter but as I said in the NC State game we didn't have a shot on goal in the last 65 minutes or so and you don't deserve to win that way

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Exactly
Dad there is nothing we want more than not only Rutgers women's soccer to win but all sports as we always comment on all the other sports; we are just more critical of the soccer program because I believe it is one we more closely following
As you said we are and have been very complimentary to the girls specific players and the team but I believe this is 100% on the coaches as their schemes do not put us in a proper position to win with offense aka score goals
Someone commented on how we made the final four only 2 years ago well one thing we have seen is how good Amirah was and how she covered up a lot of our offensive shortcomings with her talent and skill and speed
Well we don't have an Amirah right now and with his playing the same style it is really showing on the offensive side of the ball
People have said well we let in 2 bad goals but the bottom line in both of those games is if the offense shows up then a fluke goal shouldn't even matter but as I said in the NC State game we didn't have a shot on goal in the last 65 minutes or so and you don't deserve to win that way
There's nobody on this board that wants the women's soccer to win more than I do. I'll stand by that. You two have been critical EVERY year I've been here to follow your posts. It's nauseating and tiresome.

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
One of the freshmen are out for the season. At least 2 are already getting major minutes off the bench.

The 2021 freshman class was absolutely elite. They're juniors now. Have to also remember Mia Justus decommitted late.

The irony here is that you all will criticize GS or Pikes for not getting top NJ players but you'll attack MO for it.

Something tells me all these attacks that were seeing here against MO are a result from something personal.
The 2021 class needs to step it up. Especially the “star” of the class. PERIOD. Maybe turn off the IG account during the season and just play the game.

Again…will be a BIG plus getting Sammi back into the starting XI, no doubt, but a HORRIBLE start to the season regardless.

There's nobody on this board that wants the women's soccer to win more than I do. I'll stand by that. You two have been critical EVERY year I've been here to follow your posts. It's nauseating and tiresome.
Actually, you’re the “nauseating” one, just knock it off already it is 100% ALLOWED AND OKAY to be critical. Get off your high horse.

The 2021 class needs to step it up. Especially the “star” of the class. PERIOD. Maybe turn off the IG account during the season and just play the game.

Again…will be a BIG plus getting Sammi back into the starting XI, no doubt, but a HORRIBLE start to the season regardless.
Dare you to say it to her face. Easy being a keyboard warrior. That's the only thing you'll be good at.

Actually, you’re the “nauseating” one, just knock it off already it is 100% ALLOWED AND OKAY to be critical. Get off your high horse.
You'd argue with me that the sun wasn't coming up tomorrow just for the sake of being critical. Some people are just chronic critics.

Both sides here have glossed over a couple of important facts.
Meg left and she was 1 architect of the defense. Secondly she was a damn good recruiter

The 2022 class is complicated. In the history of PDA this was the weakest, at least as I remember, class going back to 1998. You needed two strikers but got 2 ladies who already are gone from the team. You needed three defenders of quality and didn’t get them.
Instead took 6 grad transfers with pda pedigree( Mike can be called out for that choice) we had to play Romano at left back because the gts were not up to it.
Kurdyla saw more time then merited

You had no playmaking center mid backup but instead chose a holding mid.granted Allie was best on team there is a hole this year

So this goes well beyond whether either side was right about Kassandra every attack comes down our right side where are are not particularly fast or quick

You know Sammi does not get an ok and immediately plays she is not going 60-90 minutes

So you need to look past that and analyze where we are right now

You guys had a good dialog don’t let me ruin it

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
And most of the same roster went to FF. Injuries happen. We are 1-1-1 not 0-3.
Just to clarify, the team that went to the FF two years ago was absolutely NOT the same roster as we have now. The FF team had:

- One if the best CBs in the country in Gabby Provenzano

- One if the best midfielders in the country in Frankie Tagliaferri

- One of the best strikers in the country in Amirah Ali

- An all-time GK for Rutgers in Meghan McClelland.

Although the jury is still out on young Olivia Bodmer at GK, we haven’t come close to replacing the other three players.

You say yo me “dare you to say that to her face”THEN call ME a “keyboard warrior??!”

Do you not realize how hypocritical those state bergs are? Aside from simply being pathetic?
You would never do it. You love being a keyboard warrior just saying whatever pops into your head. I get this is your outlet but use some common sense.

• Love
Reactions: JacobRU
You would never do it. You love being a keyboard warrior just saying whatever pops into your head. I get this is your outlet but use some common sense.
Of course I wouldn’t, I’m not an asshole, but she’s not living up to her high school resume. Bottom line. I was just silly so calm your gets there fanboy.

Guess you missed all the complimentary posts. You're the nauseating & tiresome one. Why don't you get your ass up to a game & we can chat about this. And we can ask Kassidy's Dad who has been complimentary about her play & growth throughout last year & this year.
I'm an old guy with a beard & sit 2\3 up the stands just about mid-field. Look forward to meeting you.

Guess you missed all the complimentary posts. You're the nauseating & tiresome one. Why don't you get your ass up to a game & we can chat about this. And we can ask Kassidy's Dad who has been complimentary about her play & growth throughout last year & this year.
I'm an old guy with a beard & sit 2\3 up the stands just about mid-field. Look forward to meeting you.
I'm at most games. Tomorrow's game is too early but I'll be at the road game on Thursday.

Unfortunately I have to referee and attend a soccer training on Monday.

I am hopeful that the RU women turn the corner for everyone's soccer sanity.

GO RU....

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Both sides here have glossed over a couple of important facts.
Meg left and she was 1 architect of the defense. Secondly she was a damn good recruiter

The 2022 class is complicated. In the history of PDA this was the weakest, at least as I remember, class going back to 1998. You needed two strikers but got 2 ladies who already are gone from the team. You needed three defenders of quality and didn’t get them.
Instead took 6 grad transfers with pda pedigree( Mike can be called out for that choice) we had to play Romano at left back because the gts were not up to it.
Kurdyla saw more time then merited

You had no playmaking center mid backup but instead chose a holding mid.granted Allie was best on team there is a hole this year

So this goes well beyond whether either side was right about Kassandra every attack comes down our right side where are are not particularly fast or quick

You know Sammi does not get an ok and immediately plays she is not going 60-90 minutes

So you need to look past that and analyze where we are right now

You guys had a good dialog don’t let me ruin it
Do we have any idea how much longer Sam is out for I know everything is always mum but boy do we need her back

• Love
Reactions: Luvscarletknights
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT