ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Women's Soccer vs. Hofstra / Sun., Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. at Yurcak Field

Tiernan was a freshman on the most recent final 4 team in 2021. Team was absolutely loaded. I still think this team can be very good. They will get better as the season goes on.

Reactions: LeapinLou
When you have to tell someone to go f themselves you really have no point. Embarrassing behavior from you.

When you try to tell someone on a message board what and where they can post, you've outed yourself as a moron.

Don't be upset I recognized it.

Reactions: rsutton86
Of the people that responded in this thread I've been the only one that's been in the building for both games.

And if you want to talk about irrelevance - go look at the guy that talks to themselves on the CE board. You can find him
being in the building is irrelevant. I watched both games on TV and we look pedestrian - average team speed and speed of play (especially at the 9), inability to break defenders down in the final third (except Tiernan), and not being able to connect well in passes played forward.

I’m shocked at how we look so far. Hopefully they can turn it around.

Reactions: Scarlettrooper
being in the building is irrelevant. I watched both games on TV and we look pedestrian - average team speed and speed of play (especially at the 9), inability to break defenders down in the final third (except Tiernan), and not being able to connect well in passes played forward.

I’m shocked at how we look so far. Hopefully they can turn it around.
Full confidence they will. Starts Thurs. Game will be televised on ACCNX.

You can watch online on ESPN through your TV service provider as long as you have ACC Network in your plan.

If you have the ESPN app on your TV should be able to see it on TV.

Not my responsibility to share injury information publicly especially after you belittle my knowledge of the team and the game. So kindly go back to the lacrosse and CE threads. Thanks.
Dude…. Guess you forget calling me and others members of the “Proud boys” a couple weeks ago. Maybe it’s time for you to take a break from the boards.

Dude…. Guess you forget calling me and others members of the “Proud boys” a couple weeks ago. Maybe it’s time for you to take a break from the boards.
Ohhhh, that's the guy! I remember him now.

He needs to take a break from a lot of things is my guess.

This board is infiltrated with racists. It is what it is.
Really Karen GIF by MOODMAN

MO is mediocre coach. He’s managed to mask it with solid assistants and a pipeline from PDA. I tried to bring this to the board’s attention a few years ago but was shouted down by the usual suspect(s) on this board. This program has tremendous potential especially with NJ being a hotbed for girls soccer. He’s just a boring coach with limited offensive strategy and game planning. I’m optimistic for the season but I also wouldn’t be surprised if we really never get over the jump this season. It’s early.

MO is mediocre coach. He’s managed to mask it with solid assistants and a pipeline from PDA. I tried to bring this to the board’s attention a few years ago but was shouted down by the usual suspect(s) on this board. This program has tremendous potential especially with NJ being a hotbed for girls soccer. He’s just a boring coach with limited offensive strategy and game planning. I’m optimistic for the season but I also wouldn’t be surprised if we really never get over the jump this season. It’s early.
He was an improvement over Glen Crooks, but he is at best mediocre and below average with offense. Even with a completely loaded offense two years ago, they struggled to score.

Also, relying on getting nearly all players from a single NJ club is not going to produce powerhouse teams. Alabama (last year's champ) had players from ~15 different states and countries. Florida St the year before had about 50% international players. As is with RU, it is PDA vs. the world. That is not going to cut it in the B1G

Tiernan had an early shot that should have been a simple touch pass to a wide open teammate.
Girman had two chances. Have to put it on goal. Bad loss.

Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
Tiernan had an early shot that should have been a simple touch pass to a wide open teammate.
Terrible loss. Never want to see Hofstra on a Rutgers schedule of any sport ever again. No need to dwell on it though, they're headed down to NC today for Thursday's game.

Last time MLAX played them it was a horrid blowout. If it was a fight they would have stopped it. We could have easily put up 30 that day. Brecht called the dogs off in the second quarter.

They dropped us after that game.

Reactions: biazza38
Oh OK thanks. So even with the addition of Riley Tiernen, they aren't as good since Amirah Ali left? Losing the best goalie in the country certainly doesn't help.
She was far from the best goalie in the country and Riley played her first year with and then look at her stats last year without Amirah huge drop off because we have no one else up front
A major part of this is his recruiting as has been stated above it has not been good enough period
We had no bench and still don’t
If you recruit good then you should have at least 2 freshmen a year who can step in and help immediately and this has not happened!!
He was an improvement over Glen Crooks, but he is at best mediocre and below average with offense. Even with a completely loaded offense two years ago, they struggled to score.

Also, relying on getting nearly all players from a single NJ club is not going to produce powerhouse teams. Alabama (last year's champ) had players from ~15 different states and countries. Florida St the year before had about 50% international players. As is with RU, it is PDA vs. the world. That is not going to cut it in the B1G
just look at how McElderry is recruiting for the men internationally but again we can just recruit throughout the United States but I bet O’Neill doesn’t put in the necessary work because of PDA

We seem to never make the right decision with the ball Tiernan around the 15 minute mark or so had a wide open shot right at the 18 and passed!!
Also Banks had 2 good runs where she had open field in front of her and just stopped and passed even the announcer made a comment

Another poor and sloppy effort which led to an 88th minute goal by Hofstra on a counter which was played miserably by the keeper. She scored from like 40 yards out. Going to be a long season if things don’t change. Too many lazy passes and touches, with no one being able to finish.
Out of town & missed the game. Saw the goal on Hofstra's web site. It was a quick look, but appears that our keeper was out of position. She was hugging the left post & the shot went into the upper right corner. No way she could have saved it. She needed to be more centered as that player came down the wing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT