ADVERTISEMENT

Sad News - McCray Penson

so young, a real shame and a loss to the Rutgers community

Very sad news. Gone much too soon. Never to be forgotten.

R.I.P. Nikki McCray-Penson

Sad news. I had assumed that when the new coach hire was announced that someone else left to staff. I guess she was sick enough that Coach W knew she wasn’t coming back this year.

• Sad
Reactions: ScarletteK80
  • Sad
Reactions: ScarletteK80
this is a telling statment in that press release :" McCray-Penson earned a head coaching job in the SEC at Mississippi State in 2020-21. She coached the Bulldogs to 10 wins before stepping down after one season to focus on her health." and sadly might be related to the breast cancer that took her life

Sad news. I had assumed that when the new coach hire was announced that someone else left to staff. I guess she was sick enough that Coach W knew she wasn’t coming back this year.
While it might have been a factor in the process, the NCAA is allowing an additional coach this season, Arizona has hired someone and UConn is in the process of adding back Tonya Cardoza as an assistant. So it could be that another coach will be added before the season at Rutgers, so sad that there is the possibility / need.

While it might have been a factor in the process, the NCAA is allowing an additional coach this season, Arizona has hired someone and UConn is in the process of adding back Tonya Cardoza as an assistant. So it could be that another coach will be added before the season at Rutgers, so sad that there is the possibility / need.
Thanks for the info

Staley statement from twitter, one of thousands of comments/tributes from around the country. To bad the admins, and people on these boards have had nothing to say. Says a lot. Sad.

Do any of the cagers have stories they’d be willing to share? She clearly was a giant in the wbb community

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Nice summary. Why did it take so long to bother posting? She passed on the 7h, today is the 10th. All that article is, is a summary of everything we all knew from Twitter, and other WBB sports board. End of rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT