ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders Showmanship

treauRU

Redshirt
Jun 19, 2015
I have been following this board for years. This will be my first post.
I keep reading comments about Cory's court behavior and how concerned and alarmed you all are.
This program has a dismal cloud hanging over it. Every kid who ever utters the words " I'm interested in going to Rutgers for athletics " is hammered with cautions and negative feedback. The teams play hard, because kids play hard. But we suck!!
We have sucked because our players were not up to par talent wise or spiritually competitive enough to compete in the excellent conferences we have been fortunate enough to be members of. We Needed a Coach.
We have one.
More than that we needed to win.
Cory Sanders is a Baller!!!!!!!
Cory Sanders is a Personality!!!!!
Cory Sanders is a Leader!!!!!
Cory Sanders has proven his self to be a Winner.

This is our Pied Piper Guys.
Get on Board Now.
Support the Kid. Support his enthusiasm. Allow " The Coach " to groom his players.
Facilities are coming. Our Program Changer is here.
GO RU.....!!!

This may be one of the most important post made in a while here. Truth is, we finally have a player on our hands. and it is a good thing to embrace Sanders.

The past two,three years we have had a team that rarely had ANY sort of identity. You saw some grit out of Mack, but we never had five players on the same mission. Five players that played with enthusiasm or heart. In Sanders we have a serious personality. Sanders should be let go. EJ gives him structure, Sanders stays himself. Like OP said, we need this in the RAC. For two many years we have never seen an identity last more than two minutes in a game.

It's time for the team to have fun, laugh a little bit, showbout a little bit, and most importantly-win some games/have an identity.

I was alarmed when we didn't have Corey Sanders' on court behavior.

enough already with the negativity. the kid hasn't even stepped on the court yet.

I can't wait for him to dunk on an entire team and show them up and get a Tech. I can't wait. We need that edge at Rutgers, and a draw for more recruits to come here.

If you followed him closely, you will find out that most of the players he garbage talks on the court he is really good friends off the court. How many times have you garbage talked your friends?

Reactions: RUfanEst89
I talk a lot of trash to my brother...but then he's in the waste management business.

As long as he backs it up with high performance and doesn't get techs I am fine with the trash talking.
We need more SWAG on this team.

Sanders is a talent. The kid will play to and with the crowd in dead ball situations. He will show no fear against competition.
Initially there will be a tech or two.
So what. I miss having home court advantage. I would love to sit in a bar or restaurant and a RU Men's BB game on.
I can not wait until I'm in a public setting standing in a line and hear young men talking about Cory and Deshawn and possibly Kwe.
Kids love ballers like Cory because they know guys like him go all out. In addition to that.....
Cory Sanders has ESPN Sports Center personality which will put the spotlight on Rutgers Sports.
The NBA promotes itself thru its players now.
Why shouldn't we.

We have a player in Sanders that can make floaters, jumpers, make passes, and defends better than guards we've had prior to him. Laurent rebounds in transition and defends.

We have a player in Sanders that can make floaters, jumpers, make passes, and defends better than guards we've had prior to him. Laurent rebounds in transition and defends.
On paper...hasn't done this in college. Have you seen him make a jumper?

On paper...hasn't done this in college. Have you seen him make a jumper?
Enough with the pessimism. Some things are certain. For instance:

He can cut scissors with paper.

He collects rebounds from the bench.

He has his cake and eats it too.

His shooting percentage is over 100% because sometimes he just thinks shots through the hoop.

A bullet proof vests wears Sanders for protection.

He regularly gets double triple doubles.

He hears sign language.

He wins games on non-game days.​

There's much more that's verifiable.

Look at his videos. Yes,I've seen him make jumpers. Of course it's on paper. We both like to see fundamentally sound basketball players. Still, give some credit to Sanders. He's not an awful player.

Look at his videos. Yes,I've seen him make jumpers. Of course it's on paper. We both like to see fundamentally sound basketball players. Still, give some credit to Sanders. He's not an awful player.

He is a fictional character until November 1st. Let's see him wear a uniform, earn minutes, and make our team better. Almost no discussion about Lewis, Williams, Foreman, Daniels, and Doorson. I am pretty confident that Daniels could look really good in a 2 minute edited highlight tape. I want to see these 5 guys to succeed, the team is about them. Sanders is an addition to the team.

Reactions: Hamilton's Cannon
I keep reading comments about Cory's court behavior and how concerned and alarmed you all are.
This program has a dismal cloud hanging over it. Every kid who ever utters the words " I'm interested in going to Rutgers for athletics " is hammered with cautions and negative feedback. The teams play hard, because kids play hard. But we suck!!
We have sucked because our players were not up to par talent wise or spiritually competitive enough to compete in the excellent conferences we have been fortunate enough to be members of. We Needed a Coach.
We have one.

Get on Board Now.
Support the Kid. Support his enthusiasm. Allow " The Coach " to groom his players.
GO RU.....!!!

Totally agree. People all across America (Europe, Asia...wherever they watch / follow b-ball) will now hear about, be entertained, enthralled and therefore follow Corey / RUTGERS! The skies' the limit.

BTW your like to post ratio is off the charts...keep it up!

MO[thumb2]

Last edited:
Reactions: treauRU
Have you? In the tapes I have seen plenty of made set shots.

Fig, just say a good thing about the kid for gods sake. I remember you mentioning one time about the amount of starving people in the world. Well how about the amount of kids in the United States where athletics is their only way out of a bad situation?Who have no mothers and fathers?Sanders is that kid. Is it that hard to just say-not bad-I wish him the best of luck?

I have seen him make jumpers. A lot of them. Floaters, 3's. Great passes. Is he a trug pg?Not exactly. Will he help out team out-absolutely. EJ will get him there. He is a high energy kid.

Daniels is a ball player, but at 6 4 and a sg-it shouldn't be surprising he can dunk. If you ever saw a Daniels mixtape-all dunks-no jumpers,no passes.

Daniels is a ball player, but at 6 4 and a sg-it shouldn't be surprising he can dunk. If you ever saw a Daniels mixtape-all dunks-no jumpers,no passes.

I wish he was 6' 4''. Why are you so down on Daniels? Daniels is VERY important to any success we have.

Totally agree. People all across America (Europe, Asia...wherever they watch / follow b-ball) will now hear about, be entertained, enthralled and therefore follow Corey / RUTGERS! The skies' the limit.

BTW your like to post ratio is off the charts...keep it up!

MO[thumb2]

Let's slow down and let the kid develop before we get our hopes up. He's a talented player with very good athleticism, but it's up to him now how good he wants to be.

I wish he was 6' 4''. Why are you so down on Daniels? Daniels is VERY important to any success we have.

Who said I was down on Daniels?I said he was a ball player. If you look at his hs highlight tape though, it showed none of the versatility that Sanders shows.

I think Daniels is a step away(or a good pass) away from being a great player. He turned the ball over too many times though last year. If he does that this year, we'll have a small number of offensive possessions. Score more points?Keep the ball in your hands.

My expectations for Sanders aren't extremely. 8 pts,4 assist,some defense. I will give credit where credit is due though.

higgins3 said:
Look at his videos. Yes,I've seen him make jumpers. .

Have you? In the tapes I have seen plenty of made set shots.

FIG.....Maybe you can point out where in the Sanders tape you saw these Set Shots? Defined as: . The Set Shot is a shot taken with the feet staying on the ground.....a foul shot is a set shot.

I think there were a few tapes showing him taking some foul shots.

Last edited:

FIG, If you're counting on Daniels as VERY important to any success (especially after watching him live last year), and don't see that Sanders is an elite level player, sorry.......you have no idea what you're talking about.

The first night Sanders crosses someone over, goes to the hope and slams and the RAC goes wild , we'll resume our conversation.

The least of my concerns will be Sanders lacking footspeed or ability to get hands up, deflect a couple of passes and scoring in transition...he's probably good for a layup each half, strictly based on his footspeed and ability to finish or at least an expectation will be, an attempt to finish will draw fouls.

As talented as a lot of guards can be, the hidden points at the FT line or with points in transition still count on the scoreboard.

My initial thoughts on what FIG is concerned with is game 19 of the season, where RU is a couple of games into the B1G schedule, transition opportunities are not as available vs some schools on the schedule and Sanders will need to actually create offense in a half court setting (making an extra pass, knocking down a jumper with under 8 seconds on the shot clock or can he use his quickness to attack a defender and find other players.

I also think Greene is thinking like I am about whether Sanders is engaging enough as a personality to get a group of others to suddenly play with that higher amount of swagger and not have that backfire on him if he shows that swagger with a play and RU is trailing by 8-10 points.

There are things that RU needs high doses of and it's frankly Sanders that I'm confident will provide it. In a normal sense, I haven't seen Eddie armed with this type of electric talent, so show much rope does Sanders get is going to be interesting in some aspects. I think the less Daniels is asked to handle the ball in transition and can actually get in one of the lanes to be the receiver or a pass to score, makes him a more effective player, vs asking Daniels to be a half-court expert.

Remember, we are now dealing with a 35 second clock vs 45 and decisions and shot attempts will need to be made quicker and there will be more "up and down" because transition opportunities are really going to be more important than half court offense in my opinion. Sanders/Daniels/Goode (spot up shooter) and Mike Williams (jack of all trades) should benefit from having more flow and less decision making to have to deal with during a 45 second shot clock.

Potentially adding Kwe Parker as a running mate in transition and having him ultimately replace Daniels, makes all the sense for bringing out the aspects of Sanders game. If you are rebuilding, you take the good with the mustard thrown on top. The program needs a shot of adrenaline and I'm confident and patient to not expect D'Angelo Russell-esque type play. His RAC performance in an up and down setting against a not so-intune RU team was what was relayed to me by NBA people as "eye-opening". Russell not only scored in transition, he made plays.

I can't see why Sanders cannot provide aspects of elite offense in an up and down type of game, get to the rim, score in transition, make steals and provide electric dunks on occassion. I expect double digits most nights and plenty of highlights not seen in the RAC in a very VERY long time.....and if Kwe Parker pulls the trigger for RU, Sanders and PArker clearly provide an element of "I will watch this game" that hasn't been seen in a long time for RU basketball, win or lose.

Last edited:
NJhawk, to add on to the vision you shared, is the ability of Sanders to get in the lane, this will allow Diallo and Doorson to slide and catch above the rim. Our bigs can now play as bigs, weather or not their post games have developed. In addition Freeman has a reputation of being most effective around the cup in rebound and put back scenarios.
And. I like Daniels! Last year he was asked to do more than he was able. But he will start and play well with Sanders this year. Look out for his pullup jumper in transition and hard cuts the basket.
I loved Miles. He just was not able to set a flow because his handle was not built for that. Now, Let's see what Laurent adds.

We have one.

Get on Board Now.
GO RU.....!!!
I'll be more excited if Cory Sanders is a shooter, defender, scorer, and distributor. I'll be less excited if he turns out to be a trash talking bricklayer who can't guard anyone.

Last edited:
I'll be more excited if Cory Sanders is a shooter, defender, scorer, and distributor. I'll be less excited I'd he turns out to be a trash talking bricklayer who can't guard anyone.
Why would you think he would be a trash talking bricklayer?

I'll be more excited if Cory Sanders is a shooter, defender, scorer, and distributor. I'll be less excited if he turns out to be a trash talking bricklayer who can't guard anyone.
If you are a bricklayer you are most likely NOT a trash talker. LOL

Agreed that his personality is needed. The kid is just having fun, and other players and recruits are attracted to that mentality. Being hated by other teams/fans for showmanship is a million times better than being irrelevant, which is what Rutgers basketball has been. If the team's signature becomes a bunch of kids with raw talent that can ball and showboat a little, I'm all in. You would be surprised how that environment would attract other talent that want to be a part of it.

This kid seems to have the "it" factor and can potentially bring a ton of excitement into the RAC. This is exactly what this program and fanbase needs right now. I'm looking forward to watching him.

Many of you are going to be surprised how composed Corey is on the court. I have watched him several times now and I still have not seen one second of trash talking. I believe he has bought into what Eddie has asked of him. He is electric on the court with some beautiful passes and he is fast and also a pretty good defensive player. He brings something special to the team.

Reactions: TheRacRU
We have one.

Get on Board Now.
GO RU.....!!!

Heckuva way to jump in treau...I like!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT