ADVERTISEMENT

Sanders Showmanship

I have been following this board for years. This will be my first post.
I keep reading comments about Cory's court behavior and how concerned and alarmed you all are.
This program has a dismal cloud hanging over it. Every kid who ever utters the words " I'm interested in going to Rutgers for athletics " is hammered with cautions and negative feedback. The teams play hard, because kids play hard. But we suck!!
We have sucked because our players were not up to par talent wise or spiritually competitive enough to compete in the excellent conferences we have been fortunate enough to be members of. We Needed a Coach.
We have one.
More than that we needed to win.
Cory Sanders is a Baller!!!!!!!
Cory Sanders is a Personality!!!!!
Cory Sanders is a Leader!!!!!
Cory Sanders has proven his self to be a Winner.

This is our Pied Piper Guys.
Get on Board Now.
Support the Kid. Support his enthusiasm. Allow " The Coach " to groom his players.
Facilities are coming. Our Program Changer is here.
GO RU.....!!!

Just one non attack question: you said this was your first post.
Where did the other 42 posts (according to board you've posted 43 times) come from?

I agree / liked you post.

So keep posting...and or tell the other person who posted 42 times to stop posting under your name.[smoke]

MO

Just one non attack question: you said this was your first post.
Where did the other 42 posts (according to board you've posted 43 times) come from?

I agree / liked you post.

So keep posting...and or tell the other person who posted 42 times to stop posting under your name.[smoke]

MO

I think that was from June. Yes im sure i started this thread in June.

Last edited:
I,for one, am excited for Corey to come in here with attitude and get our fans fired up!! We lack that big time in the RAC and need to get some electricity back in there. Hopefully he brings it every night!

Hawk- I like the optimism. But, I think you meant to refer to the new shot clock change from 35 to 30 seconds. The change you referred to (from 45 to 35) happened a couple of decades ago! :sunglasses:

Reactions: treauRU
This may be one of the most important post made in a while here. Truth is, we finally have a player on our hands. and it is a good thing to embrace Sanders.

The past two,three years we have had a team that rarely had ANY sort of identity. You saw some grit out of Mack, but we never had five players on the same mission. Five players that played with enthusiasm or heart. In Sanders we have a serious personality. Sanders should be let go. EJ gives him structure, Sanders stays himself. Like OP said, we need this in the RAC. For two many years we have never seen an identity last more than two minutes in a game.

It's time for the team to have fun, laugh a little bit, showbout a little bit, and most importantly-win some games/have an identity.

I like this post. If nothing else, I want to see the kids have some fun, see some exciting play, and see the kids compete. Rice had the worst style of hoops I have ever watched. The relentless focus on grinding out defense was just miserable basketball. At least Eddie is bringing some offensive focus back to the game, which is what fans want to see.

Reactions: RUMountie
I like this post. If nothing else, I want to see the kids have some fun, see some exciting play, and see the kids compete. Rice had the worst style of hoops I have ever watched. The relentless focus on grinding out defense was just miserable basketball. At least Eddie is bringing some offensive focus back to the game, which is what fans want to see.

Exactly. Just have an identity that last for longer than two minutes. Fun,laugh, compete-just some kind of consistency.

Principles- Change your stance to force offense to sideline and baseline-add another defender.

If you face a team with hot shooters-lessen your help defense.

Have your team run with their arms straight up. Have them shoot ten free throws for every time they foul so they know what they are giving their opponent.

Know how to rebound and where rebounds come from. Recruit a player that has character and loves to win/play the game.

Focus the rest on offense, transition, and where shots come from. Proceed. I agree, don't spend a ton of teaching defense. It's a lot more simple than offense as long as you recruit the right player.

Principles- Change your stance to force offense to sideline and baseline-add another defender.

If you face a team with hot shooters-lessen your help defense.

Have your team run with their arms straight up. Have them shoot ten free throws for every time they foul so they know what they are giving their opponent.

Know how to rebound and where rebounds come from. Recruit a player that has character and loves to win/play the game.

Focus the rest on offense, transition, and where shots come from. Proceed. I agree, don't spend a ton of teaching defense. It's a lot more simple than offense as long as you recruit the right player.

What type of defense is being played in AAU games? I find it crazy watching layup lines the amount of people who don't use their off hand. It looks like basic fundamentals are not being taught. If so, kids need to be reprogrammed how to play D, especially off the ball.

What type of defense is being played in AAU games? I find it crazy watching layup lines the amount of people who don't use their off hand. It looks like basic fundamentals are not being taught. If so, kids need to be reprogrammed how to play D, especially off the ball.

Rarely any defense is played in AAU. Wide open lanes. That being said, defense isn't as hard to teach as offense as long as you bring in the right player. A player who likes to compete, and loves to win.

Rarely any defense is played in AAU. Wide open lanes. That being said, defense isn't as hard to teach as offense as long as you bring in the right player. A player who likes to compete, and loves to win.

Making help defense complicated when you have an opponent who shoots very well from three is hardly the right thing to do. The knicks are playing sideline/baseline defense right now and even without HUGE amounts of effort, it is paying off.

Can't underestimate effort on defense. I am just saying, when you add a couple defenders with the out of bounds lines, defense becomes a lot more efficient.

Can't underestimate effort on defense. I am just saying, when you add a couple defenders with the out of bounds lines, defense becomes a lot more efficient.

FIG, If you're counting on Daniels as VERY important to any success (especially after watching him live last year), and don't see that Sanders is an elite level player, sorry.......you have no idea what you're talking about.

* The first night Sanders crosses someone over, goes to the hope and slams and the RAC goes wild , we'll resume our conversation.

* Pretty sure this is all FIG is asking...can we just wait until this kind of stuff happens in a game before anybody is anointed.

A reasonable request if you ask me.

* Pretty sure this is all FIG is asking...can we just wait until this kind of stuff happens in a game before anybody is anointed.

A reasonable request if you ask me.

I'd be more excited if he penetrates, gets in to the lane, jump stops, and delivers a bounce pass to Lewis who dunks it.

No doubt a PG that can attack the rim is a plus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT