ADVERTISEMENT

Section 114 questions

EastCoastHusker

Redshirt
Jun 12, 2001
The Husker group received our seat assignments for the game in Nov. Looks like it's mostly Section 114 and 115. We are in section 114, row 30 in the endzone. Anyone ever sat in this area? it shows the section broken up into a lower level and upper level from what I can tell? Any idea how many rows are in the lower level in 114?

Thank you and can't wait for the game.

EastCoastHusker,
The lower level of the stadium has a walkway after approximately the first ten rows (not really a different level). There are no posts to look around in any sections in the stadium. You should be high enough to get a good view,but not too high. Your sections faces the video board while the other end zone faces our smallish high school stadium scoreboard LOL. If you and your friends park at The RAC (our basketball arena), make sure you get on the shuttle bus AT LEAST one hour before kickoff. One other silly thing,if you buy a soda or Gatorade in the stadium, the workers have to remove the caps, so bring extra caps. If you get a chance, we have a Birthplace of College Football Statue right near your end zone entrance where a lot of people take photos. Hope you guys have a good time.

thank you for the info. We are driving up from the Philly 'burbs, so we plan on getting on the road early and taking in the sights on campus and taking in a Rutgers gameday. Hopefully it's not a noon kickoff, but it may be with the B1G TV contract. I have always enjoyed going to away games and looking forward to adding this one to my list. I have been to South Bend, Tempe, Pasadena, Happy Valley, Tallahassee.

As a friendly host, it might be worth noting to you that there will be a cannon positioned on the field in front of your section. The cannon is fired before kickoff and after any Rutgers score. It's not by accident that the cannon is placed in front of the visitors section.

Glad to hear you'll take in the sights & sounds of a Rutgers gameday. Get there early and just roam the tailgates. We have a very strong tailgate environment with plenty of friendly welcoming fans who will invite you in for drinks & food.

Enjoy your visit.

We used to have our season's tix in the top row of section 115 and the view is close to being right between the goal posts. IIRC, those sections have 42 rows so your seats will be about 3/4 of the way up and you should have a good view. The cannon won't be your biggest problem, however. They installed a deafening horn right behind the section that is enough to induce a heart attack. We've moved to section 121 to avoid it.

Last year, 114 and 115 were not visitors sections so perhaps they have shifted things around for this season. Anybody know?

We used to have our season's tix in the top row of section 115 and the view is close to being right between the goal posts. IIRC, those sections have 42 rows so your seats will be about 3/4 of the way up and you should have a good view. The cannon won't be your biggest problem, however. They installed a deafening horn right behind the section that is enough to induce a heart attack. We've moved to section 121 to avoid it.

Last year, 114 and 115 were not visitors sections so perhaps they have shifted things around for this season. Anybody know?

Thank you every one for the info. I don't know if section 114 and 115 are the visiting section tickets at UNL gets or not. I think these tickets were purchased as a separate block of seats at the PA Husker groups. The group bought 380 tickets for members mostly in all of section 114 and 115.

I really enjoyed my visit to Lincoln and the campus last year. Nice place with exceedingly friendly folks.

You can put your section and row in this applet and get a nice simulated view.
3-D Stadium view

If you want more advice as to stuff to see and do let us know.
enjoy the game and your visit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT