ADVERTISEMENT

Selection show tonight 9:30 ESPN2

knight82

All American
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2002
Who's in and who's out? Does the ACC get overseeded with clear paths to round 2?

Hopkins could have secured the 2 seed but they couldn’t handle Michigan. PSU run of the field. First big ten seed is probably Hopkins at 4 or 5

Big Ten will get 4 as well although I personally don’t think the should. Michigan stole a bid to make it 4.

Michigans RPI was 14 as of this morning so I don’t see them getting a home seed. PSU will also probably have to travel

All 4 ACC teams will host

I guess Denver will host

Hopkins will host

Will the top RPI Ivy Host? Princeton or Yale?

See what happens

Where will Lehigh and Towson travel too

Only thing I don’t want to see is big ten teams play each other in round 1

This isn’t very fun with no horse in the game. For me anyway

I’m still bitter about Loyola tapping out early vs a Navy team they had already handled once and the Lehigh winning the Patriot after I watched Loyola handle them a few weeks back…without much issue

Gotta play like Michigan. Go .500 during the year and get hot for the week in May

Hopkins could have secured the 2 seed but they couldn’t handle Michigan. PSU run of the field. First big ten seed is probably Hopkins at 4 or 5

Big Ten will get 4 as well although I personally don’t think the should. Michigan stole a bid to make it 4.

Michigans RPI was 14 as of this morning so I don’t see them getting a home seed. PSU will also probably have to travel

I guess Denver will host

Hopkins will host

See what happens

I’m still bitter about Loyola tapping out early vs a Navy team they had already handled once and the Lehigh winning the Patriot after I watched Loyola handle them a few weeks back…without much issue

Gotta play like Michigan. Go .500 during the year and get hot for the week in May
Agree. I'll scoreboard watch but doubt I'll tune in with RU out.

Reactions: Caliknight

I guess Denver will host

Hopkins will host

See what happens

I’m still bitter about Loyola tapping out early vs a Navy team they had already handled once and t2he Lehigh winning the Patriot after I watched Loyola handle them a few weeks back…without much issue

About 7-8 years ago Penn and Yale were Top 4 teams. The committee seeded them 4&5. Gotta get those ACC teams through They could do it to the Big 10 too.

Tough day for the Ivy League. Carc is right though. There is a ton of young talent in that league, particularly on Princeton.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Maryland loses to Princeton.

Also wouldn’t be shocked if St Joes beats Uva. Wouldn’t put money on it but Uva has been exposed. That game is going to break the scoreboard

Tough day for the Ivy League. Carc is right though. There is a ton of young talent in that league, particularly on Princeton.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Maryland loses to Princeton.

Also wouldn’t be shocked if St Joes beats Uva. Wouldn’t put money on it but Uva has been exposed. That game is going to break the scoreboard

Real shame is Yale, despite the loss of 3 other starters, would have made the tourney if only 1 of their top 3 FOGOs had been 100% the last 3 weeks of the season. Injuries are a fact of life in the Big 3 conferences, as Rutgers well knows, but that was ridiculous. Without them, they didn't belong in the tourney.

The Princeton - Maryland game has amazing goalies and FOGOs on both sides. That's going to be a battle.

BTW - I don't have a box score and the stream was fuzzy due to the weather but RU midfield recruit Hunter Falzon saw as much playing time as Shane Knobloch did this season for RU in a 15-11 loss to Hill Academy of Canada, an IL Top 15 team. Next week is Lawrenceville, ILs #1 team.

Reactions: Caliknight
Sadly they are talking about doing the opposite. The tourney simply isn’t the best teams. It is what it is. It’s always been difficult to make the tourney but it’s even harder now.

Ivy getting one team in is a bit of a surprise but they really don’t have any grips when you look at the numbers.

Sadly they are talking about doing the opposite. The tourney simply isn’t the best teams. It is what it is. It’s always been difficult to make the tourney but it’s even harder now.

Ivy getting one team in is a bit of a surprise but they really don’t have any grips when you look at the numbers.
They'll never contract the field. They won't leave TV money on the table.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
The field is too tilted towards the ACC and this year the BIG. To have Army, who was ranked #1 earlier this season not advance because they lost in the PL tournament is a joke. BU can win a game against any team.

Notre Dame, unfortunately, looks like they will take it all again. Would rather they lose in heartbreaking overtime in the first game :-)

Last edited:
The field is too tilted towards the ACC and this year the BIG. To have Army, who was ranked #1 earlier this season not advance because they lost in the PL tournament is a joke. BU can win a game against any team.

Notre Dame, unfortunately, looks like they will take it all again. Would rather they lose in heartbreaking overtime in the first game :-)

Besides losing out on the AQ, Army suffered from the loss to Colgate and North Carolina falling out of the Top 20. They and Cornell belong in the tourney.

Reactions: Wagram97
The Princeton - Maryland game has amazing goalies and FOGOs on both sides. That's going to be a battle.
Maryland didn't have too much trouble with Princeton during the season. In a season full of losses and nailbiters, it was one of most relaxing games for a Terp fan, ha ha. You never know come playoff time, though.

I'm not even sure the Terps deserved to get in, let alone be seeded. I've never really been in tune with how they pick teams for the tournament in lacrosse. It seems different than other sports. I guess the strong OCC and blue-bloodery bias carried the day. As MDK said above, maybe Army was more deserving, for example...

Honestly Maryland is probably a bubble team at best with any other name on their jersey. But they get the benefit of the doubt given their recent history. This is not the best Maryland team we’ve seen but they still have great coaches and players and the way this year is going I would not be surprised if they make a deep run. Seems like anyone can beat anyone this year.

We could play Georgetown in the 2nd Rd at Hofstra who has beaten us already this year out in South Bend.

Army didn't just lose in the PL tournament. The lost in the regular season to BU and Colgate. It's hard to make the tournament but Yale and Cornell both were ahead of them in line. The numbers weren't in their favor.

We could play Georgetown in the 2nd Rd at Hofstra who has beaten us already this year out in South Bend.

That was clearly ND's worst game. Probably a big wake up call. Georgetown got them at the right time.

If they play again I don't think it would be the same result. I could see ND running away with it.

ND is clearly the odds on favorite to win it. One team I could see that could put up a fight, though still lose, is Michigan. Their offense is spinning the ball fast and their D has been playing really connected. The x factor is the x. They have a really good fogo who can win possessions for them. The biggest difference is how athletic ND has become. They were never a program known for athletes, more systems and defense. Their guys in the middle now are beasts.

It's sports and anything can happen, including injuries in lacrosse, but ND is playing very well right now. Clearly heads and shoulders above other teams.

Lacrosse, like most college sports, is a grind. Teams that continue to progress during the season, even with tough losses early, are the one's who make it in the end.

Food for thought as we all get caught up individual results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clearscreen25
That was clearly ND's worst game. Probably a big wake up call. Georgetown got them at the right time.

If they play again I don't think it would be the same result. I could see ND running away with it.

ND is clearly the odds on favorite to win it. One team I could see that could put up a fight, though still lose, is Michigan. Their offense is spinning the ball fast and their D has been playing really connected. The x factor is the x. They have a really good fogo who can win possessions for them. The biggest difference is how athletic ND has become. They were never a program known for athletes, more systems and defense. Their guys in the middle now are beasts.

It's sports and anything can happen, including injuries in lacrosse, but ND is playing very well right now. Clearly heads and shoulders above other teams.

Lacrosse, like most college sports, is a grind. Teams that continue to progress during the season, even with tough losses early, are the one's who make it in the end.

Agree with all of this

I will say ND blew Michigan off the field back in mid March. Won by I think 10 but called off the dogs and could have won by 15

Michigan was 7-7 after the reg season but now on a heater…see if they can keep it up…they will be @ Denver and the likely get Cuse…if they get that far they will get ND in the Semi’s

Lots can happen

Denver is the one team that is better than UM at the FO dot

Yes but when you beat someone you enter the game in a better frame of mind.

I watched us play Duke yesterday and you could see Duke played with no fight after it was 6-2.

When you beat someone and it's a close game on the second effort you believe you can win.

You've done it before.

The flip side of that is Gtown knows they got them once.

The odds are going to decrease they get them twice in the same season. ND looks vastly different now than they did that first game. Their second midfield then was a complete unknown. Now they are a huge weapon.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Army didn't just lose in the PL tournament. The lost in the regular season to BU and Colgate. It's hard to make the tournament but Yale and Cornell both were ahead of them in line. The numbers weren't in their favor.
At least RU isn’t the only team to be ranked #1 during the first 5 weeks and miss the tourney!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT