ADVERTISEMENT

The Kids

PhillyRU

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2021
JMike and Griffiths looked great on the floor together. I understand they get along well, and Davis really looks for Griffiths out there. Simpson and even Fernandes to an extent really have tunnel vision.

JMike like to create which I like.
Oskar should never play again. We went down 13 after he came into the game(to be fair not all on him but the momentum changed)
Simpson can create his own shot but seems to be a shoot first player when other opportunities exist. I guess he is our SG so I get it but he’s only shooting 33%.
Noah should get reduced minutes—-I struggle
To see what we are getting out of him.

To me, we lost today again bc of bad subbing

Reactions: RUIvyKnight20
He scored on everyone

Oskar is terrible, but he plays physical. He deserves some looks
Well yes but mostly those people weren’t just trying to hack him. It’s pretty bad to let him get the and-1 on that play.

But yes your overall assessment is probably fair.

Just start Gavin and JMike at this point. A Williams, Simpson and Fernandez have shown they provide very little as starters. Start Gavin at a minimum. Just go with JMike, Gavin, Hyatt, Mag, and Cliff as starting five. Focus on developing the two Freshman and give a lot of minutes to Simpson off the bench. Season swirled down the toilet over a month ago, let’s get at least something out of this season.

Reactions: PhillyRU
Oskar shouldn't get all the attention when the team loses.The roster has too many complementary type players who are overmatched playing in the B1G Ten.

Just start Gavin and JMike at this point. A Williams, Simpson and Fernandez have shown they provide very little as starters. Start Gavin at a minimum. Just go with JMike, Gavin, Hyatt, Mag, and Cliff as starting five. Focus on developing the two Freshman and give a lot of minutes to Simpson off the bench. Season swirled down the toilet over a month ago, let’s get at least something out of this season.
Until Gavin shows more on the defensive end he should not start. I think i am now at the point where he should get 15+ MPG if he is putting proper effort in.

I still think Gavin is hoing to hurt us way more than he helps us most games. Purdue will be the only team we will face who wil try every possession to beat is in the paint. Penn State game we will go back to teams testing Gavin on the perimeter and moving off the ball.

JMike has the best game of his career and had all of one more assist than Simpson. Two previous games he had no assists.
Please Stop.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Oscar got Gavin's minutes when Gavin was playing really poorly. If Gavin is playing well (which is 2 games in a row now) he will play more.

If there is a minutes argument to be had it's J Mike over Simpson. We have a confident guard who struggles shooting. Not good.

Oscar got Gavin's minutes when Gavin was playing really poorly. If Gavin is playing well (which is 2 games in a row now) he will play more.

If there is a minutes argument to be had it's J Mike over Simpson. We have a confident guard who struggles shooting. Not good.
If we are calling Gavins last 2 games good we have a major problem. Progress? Perhaps, but good?

We already know we have a problem. Definitely progress imo.
Yes. Penn State will be a big game for him. A game that would actually be a disappointment to lose and a game where i would think Penn State would look to exploit him being on the court on D.

Would also be nice if he has an effective FG% near 50% and grab some defensive rebounds

Reactions: bethlehemfan
JMike and Griffiths looked great on the floor together. I understand they get along well, and Davis really looks for Griffiths out there. Simpson and even Fernandes to an extent really have tunnel vision.
absolutely...some of my favorite plays this year are between these two

Reactions: RAC93
Yes. Penn State will be a big game for him. A game that would actually be a disappointment to lose and a game where i would think Penn State would look to exploit him being on the court on D.

Would also be nice if he has an effective FG% near 50% and grab some defensive rebounds
what happened to the chair emoji..okay i will just let you know i am hitting you with it right now

You have a magnifying glass of hyper focus on Gavin……so many guys on this team do SO MANY things poorly………if Gavin screws up, so be it, he needs to play……Mag is our best and most reliable guy and he’s played poorly the past 2 games……Gavin needs experience, JMike needs experience, Simpson needs experience and J Williams needs experience for next year if he plays at all this year. Who cares about wins, the season is nowhere anyway..…so if Gavin gets extended minutes next game and is lost on D, just go with it as it may pay off in the long run. He looked better today and needs opportunities to continue to make steps towards looking better. There is much more value in a minute played by Gavin than a minute played by Oskar at this point in the season.

You have a magnifying glass of hyper focus on Gavin……so many guys on this team do SO MANY things poorly………if Gavin screws up, so be it, he needs to play……Mag is our best and most reliable guy and he’s played poorly the past 2 games……Gavin needs experience, JMike needs experience, Simpson needs experience and J Williams needs experience for next year if he plays at all this year. Who cares about wins, the season is nowhere anyway..…so if Gavin gets extended minutes next game and is lost on D, just go with it as it may pay off in the long run. He looked better today and needs opportunities to continue to make steps towards looking better. There is much more value in a minute played by Gavin than a minute played by Oskar at this point in the season.
I disagree before today. That loss puts an at large bid not in reach as we lose the opportunity for the big W.

I still think on most nights we are a better team playing Oskar over Gavin. Obviously it doesnt make us better in 2024-25

You try too hard to be the smartest guy in the room sometimes. The fact that he was in the game long enough today to attempt 11 shots proves my point. He played well and got extended minutes.
What point are you proving? He had a good game because he took 11 shots?

It’s time to take the training wheels off and let Gavin and Davis play thru their mistakes. Also time to let Simpson play thru as well. Maybe they get hot at end of season or in B1G like when it was in NYC. They have more upside and can see for next season what we may need from transfer portal if anything.

Pike has to fit to his players and be uncomfortable

This season is toast. Oskar, Williams, and Fernandes are what they are…no upside there and this team isn’t going anywhere. There is almost guaranteed upside in Gavin and Davis, and possible upside in Simpson…and the sooner the better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT