ADVERTISEMENT

THE OFFICIAL RUTGERS-PURDUE PREDICTION THREAD

You can cut and paste to almost every college basketball game.

How well did you defend the 3 point line
Did you have a good shooting day
Did your opponent have a good shooting day

Turnovers, offensive rebounding etc are obviously important, but the above usually determines how far from the expected result is the actual result.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Purdue 70, rutgers 61

Purdue will be out for blood . If we show up with lebron I still would pick us to lose

Purdue Basketball and their fans have had this game circled since RHJs miracle prayer went down at The RAC.

RU gets taken to the woodshed today.
But it shouldn’t derail the good vibes for RU MBB going forward.

Purdue 86
RU 67
actually that game didn't hurt near as bad as giving the game away at IU. This game is big however due to Rutgers and this group having Purdue's number recently...and one more step to trying to win the Big with the schedule Purdue was dealt only play Nebraska and Maryland once and fumbling the ball a few times. The Big is tough and a lot of games go down to the wire due to the players and coaches knowing each other. What is not debatable is that Rutgers joing the Big has help Rutgers a lot in building the good teams in football and basketball...unlike many years ago

Purdue Basketball and their fans have had this game circled since RHJs miracle prayer went down at The RAC.

RU gets taken to the woodshed today.
But it shouldn’t derail the good vibes for RU MBB going forward.

Purdue 86
RU 67
It was a crazy shot for the win but remember, we were winning by 1 point with 4 seconds left (without Geo), so our performance was not a fluke. Ron’s injury will hurt our chances today, but we are a better team now than when we played them the first time. I expect a close game either way.

This will be a very tough game as Purdue is very good. I hate the argument that they will be looking for revenge as if our guys don’t have any pride and don’t want to beat their a** just as much.

With that said, we need our shots to fall today and for Cliff to stay out of foul trouble. I think we will know pretty quick how the game will go. I don’t like Purdue and their fans, so I hope we find a way to pull this out.

Reactions: BillyC80
This will be a very tough game as Purdue is very good. I hate the argument that they will be looking for revenge as if our guys don’t have any pride and don’t want to beat their a** just as much.

With that said, we need our shots to fall today and for Cliff to stay out of foul trouble. I think we will know pretty quick how the game will go. I don’t like Purdue and their fans, so I hope we find a way to pull this out.
This is a big game for Rutgers as well trying to knock on that tourney door. Right or wrong Purdue wants Harper to play since Rutgers has been so good lately. A healthy Rutger team helps Purdue know where it is assuming that one day of rest was enough for Purdue

Just put $ on RU and the moneyline ( plus 600) For those taking the points it has moved up to RU getting 13

Reactions: Scangg
Agreed 100% don’t double down low and play our offensive game
On another note I would put 100% money that RHJ is going to be playing!!
Rutgers 70
Purdue 64
Who are you and what have you done with Rich?

A few of us talked about capitulation of the fanbase was a sign that we hit the low. We are now at the complete opposite spectrum. There is irrational exuberance right now.

Purdue. 83
Rutgers 57
FIG calling the market top on Rutgers. RSI is overbought

Cliff's minutes will be directly correlated to Rutgers success today.

Who guards Paul? They have no one. We can abuse their guards.

Does Caleb continue to bring his A game defensively today? He wants DPOY and at this point he can almost taste it. A huge lockdown performance against Ivey could seal it for him

Look at Rutgers seasons over the past 2 2/3 years...one thing sticks out. Hot and cold streaks.
We have never had a distributor play maker like new Paul before. This is why from his breakout I thought we could go on a win streak. His style of play is much more repeatable and reliable than good performances where Ron or Geo get hot from 3. The passes to Cliff for dunks will always be dunks. The layups and 5-8 footers for Paul will always be high percentage shots. He gets us easy buckets which we struggled with. That helps prevent scoring droughts.

Reactions: JMD77 and BillyC80
Just put $ on RU and the moneyline ( plus 600) For those taking the points it has moved up to RU getting 13
Maybe the word came down Ron is out would make a line jump a point. We have beaten them without Ron last year and Geo this year.

We have never had a distributor play maker like new Paul before. This is why from his breakout I thought we could go on a win streak. His style of play is much more repeatable and reliable than good performances where Ron or Geo get hot from 3. The passes to Cliff for dunks will always be dunks. The layups and 5-8 footers for Paul will always be high percentage shots. He gets us easy buckets which we struggled with. That helps prevent scoring droughts.
Playing devils advocate only…….

what happened when Jacob came in to his own offensively? Is there a negative offset to other(s) when the ball spends more time in Paul’s hands.

I do agree with your premise of a reduction in offensive volatility.

Playing devils advocate only…….

what happened when Jacob came in to his own offensively? Is there a negative offset to other(s) when the ball spends more time in Paul’s hands.

I do agree with your premise of a reduction in offensive volatility.
Jacob could dish a little but he doesn't make other players around him better on offense the way Paul does. He did however get us a lot of easy buckets which was part of the reason we were so good with JY

So far it seems it's a net positive

Jacob could dish a little but he doesn't make other players around him better on offense the way Paul does. He did however get us a lot of easy buckets which was part of the reason we were so good with JY

So far it seems it's a net positive
Talking more about players not being as “active” when their roles in the offense were reduced.

Btw, a reverse jinx only works if you don’t say it’s a reverse jinx. Same rules as fight club.

Reactions: Scangg
Great news.
How does his shot look ?
As one particular to the art of shooting I think his shot looks like a chest pass to the basket. He definitely has his left hand on the ball and he lacks lift of the ball before thrusting. He does however make a lot of those shots (even if not pretty) and is a very good player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT