ADVERTISEMENT

The up way too late game thread

Sloppy play and turnovers could be the difference here. Shooting well, need to get the ball inside more.

Stop the turnovers.

This is some of the worst "defense" I've seen in a long time by 2 teams in the same game.

All Jordan had to do was put pressure on the inbound play and they would not have scored before the half. Is he asleep half the time. Way too laid back.

Reactions: jtung230
Overall, not a bad first half. Lewis still hasn't learned that he's more valuable on the floor than the bench. He never seems to learn. Two of those fouls were just silly and unnecessary. I like the way Corey is playing. It's the first time in memory where we had a true point guard and he's fun to watch. Daniels made some key threes and Williams made one, but the other two he tried were not even close. I'm still waiting to see him become the 3 point shooter EJ thought he would be when he recruited him.

In the second half, we need to mix our zone more with the man coverage. They have the entire team that shoots threes and that kid 41, I believe is their best outside shooter. We need to rotate better and not let him get so wide open.

Stop complaining. We are up 3 at half and point guard is having a game. Enjoy it if you are going to stay up late.

Glad we are still ahead. I guess a good half all things considered

By my count this is 3 games in a row where we let the shot clock expire on a half ending or game ending possession. Not a good job by our staff there (again)

Digging the talent on this team...wish they'd dig in on D a bit more...

All in all it was a decent first half, and I agree Sanders is looking good tonight.

I say that the NCAA owes Ed O'Bannon $100m so that he never needs to work again and stops commentating for basketball games.

Overall, not a bad first half. Lewis still hasn't learned that he's more valuable on the floor than the bench. He never seems to learn. Two of those fouls were just silly and unnecessary. I like the way Corey is playing. It's the first time in memory where we had a true point guard and he's fun to watch. Daniels made some key threes and Williams made one, but the other two he tried were not even close. I'm still waiting to see him become the 3 point shooter EJ thought he would be when he recruited him.

In the second half, we need to mix our zone more with the man coverage. They have the entire team that shoots threes and that kid 41, I believe is their best outside shooter. We need to rotate better and not let him get so wide open.

A voice of reason amongst a board of complainers that nitpick over individual plays in a 40 minute game.

Everyone should have known Creighton is a 3 point shooting team, but, they are Only 4-13 in the first half.

It is not nitpicking to say this team does not play defense. That is a major problem.

RU starts 2nd half 1-9 from the field ... but does get its 1st 3 offensive rebounds.

Creighton starts the half 3-3 from the field - all from 3 point range. But with 2 turnovers.

Creighton now up 4.

That was not a charge
That was a bad call. The defender was moving into Freeman.

We need to play better D. They're getting too many open looks and again we're not running our offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT