ADVERTISEMENT

Three way tie for the B1G East Division

Antnee79

Sophomore
Nov 7, 2017
If PSU beats OSU, UM beats PSU and OSU beats UM, and the teams otherwise run the table, all three will be 11-1. As I read the conference tie breaking rules, the first applicable tie breaking rule under the above scenario is the team with the highest rank in the College Football Playoff Poll, UNLESS at least two of the highest ranked teams finish within one position in the ranking after the end of the regular season. If that happens, the next applicable procedure is a random drawing. Crazy!

If PSU beats OSU, UM beats PSU and OSU beats UM, and the teams otherwise run the table, all three will be 11-1. As I read the conference tie breaking rules, the first applicable tie breaking rule under the above scenario is the team with the highest rank in the College Football Playoff Poll, UNLESS at least two of the highest ranked teams finish within one position in the ranking after the end of the regular season. If that happens, the next applicable procedure is a random drawing. Crazy!
Random drawing of all teams in the division? That is crazy! I knew we still had a chance!

😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT