ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN Victory Parade

colonel_rutgers

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2001
You have to give the team credit but living in CT, I was able (or forced) to watch a bit of their victory parade since it was locally televised. Hurley got up to the microphone and his first words were “we’re gonna win this shit for a third time”with word shit emphasized. Then, out of all the merchandise you can buy, you have at least 1/5 of the crowd walking around with UConn shirts that say “F&$K” on chest. The local NBC station was doing their best to get the people with the shirts out of the live interview shots but it was just comical. Again, has nothing to do with Rutgers but just worth noting that there’s still an image there . I couldn’t stop myself from laughing.

If they didn't burn anything down or destroy anything - guess you call also call that a victory.
5 students were arrested on Championship night. They threw a speed limit sign through a full glass window and almost hit a cleaning crew. They also had their norm of climbing buildings and Gampel.

• Wow
Reactions: MrsScrew
yawn1.gif

You have to give the team credit but living in CT, I was able (or forced) to watch a bit of their victory parade since it was locally televised. Hurley got up to the microphone and his first words were “we’re gonna win this shit for a third time”with word shit emphasized. Then, out of all the merchandise you can buy, you have at least 1/5 of the crowd walking around with UConn shirts that say “F&$K” on chest. The local NBC station was doing their best to get the people with the shirts out of the live interview shots but it was just comical. Again, has nothing to do with Rutgers but just worth noting that there’s still an image there . I couldn’t stop myself from laughing.
Don't think Pike or Schiano would ever act that way. They have class.

Fans of elite programs only care about winning championships.Hurley is a very demanding head coach who also has a big ego telling the media time and again how great the UConn basketball program is and the players prove him right.There are very few head coaches that have won two straight national championships.

It would be beyond sweet if, (and that's admittedly a big IF), the stars align for RU this upcoming season, and with the additions of Ace, Dylan, et.al, we end up meeting them in the championship game and take 'em down. -THAT would shut Hurley and his ego up, (at least for a while anyway).

It would be beyond sweet if, (and that's admittedly a big IF), the stars align for RU this upcoming season, and with the additions of Ace, Dylan, et.al, we end up meeting them in the championship game and take 'em down. -THAT would shut Hurley and his ego up, (at least for a while anyway).
We can only hope

I think he was trolling

Not at all. Hurley loves Jersey. Can imagine a scenario where he comes home.

But I don’t want that scenario to happen because I love Pike and want him to go into an offseason preparing to defend back to backs.

But you’ve gotta admit, he’d be the first call if Pike, for any reason, wasn’t here.

• Haha
Reactions: SHUSource
Hurley isn't leaving UConn for Rutgers.

Relax, I’m simply saying it’s not out of the realm of possibility. You know what could happen in 5 or 10 years?

After maybe a few down years or when UConn forgets that winning the natty isn’t a realistic expectation.

By then, we will be able to pay top dollar for a head coach. Top notch facilities and renovated RAC.

I want Pike here until he retires from coaching - FFS, he’s the only reason this is an attractive job. I love Pike. I’m more worried about him being poached rather than him failing.

But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Hurley could want to be minutes away from family in the state he clearly loves. Plenty of other elite coaches at top schools have needed a change of scenery. Cal?

He’s not ever leaving UConn. He wasn’t even slightly interested in Kentucky, he isn’t coming home to coach his alma mater, and he certainly isn’t leaving to coach Rutgers. He already sits on top of the college basketball world. He’s content to reset the standard there.

Reactions: huskiesnyc and RU84
He’s not ever leaving UConn. He wasn’t even slightly interested in Kentucky, he isn’t coming home to coach his alma mater, and he certainly isn’t leaving to coach Rutgers. He already sits on top of the college basketball world. He’s content to reset the standard there.

We’re gonna have a lot more money to offer than you guys.

Relax, I’m simply saying it’s not out of the realm of possibility. You know what could happen in 5 or 10 years?

After maybe a few down years or when UConn forgets that winning the natty isn’t a realistic expectation.

By then, we will be able to pay top dollar for a head coach. Top notch facilities and renovated RAC.

I want Pike here until he retires from coaching - FFS, he’s the only reason this is an attractive job. I love Pike. I’m more worried about him being poached rather than him failing.

But it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Hurley could want to be minutes away from family in the state he clearly loves. Plenty of other elite coaches at top schools have needed a change of scenery. Cal?
Hurley has stated that he will stay at UConn for college coaching but would consider the NBA in later years.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Maybe under a scenario he gets canned from UConn or is forced to resign. He could resurface at a lesser program like Rutgers

I wonder if any of those Arizona State students who the Final Four dressed up as UConn students showed up for the parade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT