ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs Iowa

Foul or no foul, why did UConn call a play to set up a 3 point heave? Even Lobo questioned that last play call. They had 10 secs to drive to the basket or mid-range pull up to win it. UConn might have gotten a foul call in that circumstance or an easier chance to tie/win the game. Even if Paige catches the ball off the Edwards screen, that was going to a tough play to execute.

Reactions: runrutgersrun
Geno=whiner...always has been. His players responded to questions better/classier about the foul call post game than their coach did. Geno should have coached better with the lead. Hey..he's a HOF coach...just ask him, he'll tell you, Lol. Go RU!

I was very impressed with the Uconn players at the post-game press conference. All of them were classy in a gut-wrenching defeat and very authentic. Really appreciated their thoughtful answers. On the other hand, Geno is always Geno....

I wanted Iowa but the refs took it out of the players hands. BS offensive foul on UConn.
That was clearly an O foul. The screener was not set. She stepped into the defender and pushed her. What game were you guys watching?

That would be a foul in the first quarter so should be a foul in the fourth quarter.
(Preempting the "you can't call that at the end of the game" nonsense.)

I never thought I would feel bad for Geno, but I kinda do.
Crazy as it seems, me too.

Nah. Geno has more rings (11) than fingers.

If you want to feel sorry for Paige and or for Muhl and or for the UConn team - yes, I surely get it.
Great point!

I take back what I said above. I don't feel sorry for Geno OR Paige. Muhl, maybe a little bit.

What also changes my mind here is the fact that .............................

They will be back in the Championship Game next season. Mark it down.

How do I know??? ....................

Sarah STRONG has committed to UConn!!!! 😱😖
Laurie Metcalf Jackie GIF by Roseanne

• Angry
That was the 1st woman's game I have watched in many years. I'd love to see the PPP (points per possession) when Clark takes a 3 5 feet from beyond the line. I know she can make them, but with the offensive skill Iowa has and the decisions she can make with the ball in her hands I have to think they are bad shots.
Not usually. She hits a respectable amount and it affects momentum positively when she does. Its not like she doesn't pass a lot and have huge numbers of assists.

Tough but legit foul call. Good game, nice to see Paige playing again, want Iowa to win it all.
Paige is UConn's best player but she didn't take enough shots in the second half.Too many other players were shooting 3 point bricks that allowed Iowa to take the lead.

Reactions: eso1989 and toby83
I thought the call was legit. Edwards is clearly moving into Marhall and throws her elbow into her. Watch Edward''s feet for the movement. She extends her left leg into Marshall.

The idea that you shouldn't referee the game at the end is ridiculous. If it's a foul in the first ten minutes, it's a foul in the last ten seconds. Otherwise, where do you draw the line?

A tough loss for UCONN for sure, and a poor game by both teams compared to what they have done so far in the tourney. I expect SC will win going away, but would like to see Iowa win.
It was a foul according to the rules. Timing of call seems to be the problem.

She extended and made contact to upper body area.

Geno=whiner...always has been. His players responded to questions better/classier about the foul call post game than their coach did. Geno should have coached better with the lead. Hey..he's a HOF coach...just ask him, he'll tell you, Lol. Go RU!
Heck we had a HOF coach who never won a title like the NCAA… who would you have liked? Chris stayed with that whiner so was there a reason beside the money aspect? How many titles do the UConn women have?

I thought CVS was a great coach for many of her years here at RU. She could just not get us all the way up there with UConn/Tennessee...we seemed so close at times. I don't think anyone will ever know what happened with Stringer over her last few years here.

UConn? Great program... to me frequently Geno just doesn't seem to work and play well with others at times 😊, just my opinion. Chris has stayed there for reasons of her own, not sure what they were. Maybe she is a major contributor to UConn's success. Who knows? Not sure how many titles UConn has won, don't really care that much.

Go RU!!

Last edited:
How could anyone see that play and not think it's an offensive foul? She went out of her way to body check her. I'm not sure what the people in the beginning of this thread were thinking.

Reactions: newell138
How could anyone see that play and not think it's an offensive foul? She went out of her way to body check her. I'm not sure what the people in the beginning of this thread were thinking.

The complaint about the call is not disputing the fact that it, technically, was an illegal screen(especially once we were given the other replay angle). The disappointment comes from the call being inconsistent with 1) the way the rest of the game was called, and 2)the traditional way basketball games are officiated in final seconds of a close game.

Today's game had a ton of plays where actual fouls were technically committed. Refs used their discretion as to what fouls to allow as a "play on", and which ones absolutely had to be called.

Reactions: Knight Time Fan
I thought CVS was a great coach for many of her years here at RU. She could just not get us all the way up there with UConn/Tennessee...we seemed so close at times. I don't think anyone will ever know what happened with Stringer over her last few years here.

UConn? Great program... to me frequently Geno just doesn't seem to work and play well with others at times 😊, just my opinion. Chris has stayed there for reasons of her own, not sure what they were. Maybe she is a major contributor to UConn's success. Who knows? Not sure how many titles UConn has won, don't really care that much.

Go RU!!
Just to be clear - Chris is a major contributor to UConn success and is in the WBB Hall of Fame as an Assistant because of it. They have 11 Nattys. I know you don't care, but it is notable.

Just to be clear - Chris is a major contributor to UConn success and is in the WBB Hall of Fame as an Assistant because of it. They have 11 Nattys. I know you don't care, but it is notable.
Indeed. There have been times I wished Chris would have come back to RU to take a crack at being our HC. Just not meant to be, I guess.

Go RU!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT