ADVERTISEMENT

Was it worth it?

There is no argument against this being a scheduling mistake. If we can’t pull it out we will have to live with the consequences Pat gave us.

Offense is killing us, 3pt shooting woeful and next shooter nailed to the bench.

Still time. Let’s see who on this team wants to fill the gap the previous group left and be the guy in the clutch.

@hinson32 My solution is to actually look at what the committee wants and schedule accordingly. Q1 and Q2 games in Big Ten play with 1-2 Q3 games there. Q2 and Q4 games OOC.

If we lose Q2 that doesn’t kill us. We should win all Q4. Q3 teams are good enough to pull off upsets, yet get grouped with Q4 losses and don’t give any benefit for wins. It’s indefensible to schedule games like this in 2023.

Well, that was rough. Did I miss something? Did Gavin not play because of injury? I know his Defense needs work but I didnt see anybody playing D so at least we might have gotten offensive production.

Well, that was rough. Did I miss something? Did Gavin not play because of injury? I know his Defense needs work but I didnt see anybody playing D so at least we might have gotten offensive production.
Gavin has a long way to go. He was ineffective

Reactions: Mr Magoo
My excitement level is close to zero for the season now until Mag returns, or until we get a big unexpected W.

No, it shouldn’t, because it shouldn’t have been on the schedule at all! I don’t get why this is so hard to understand
It doesn’t say much about us as a program . Fans scared to play Princeton and then they beat us going away.

Reactions: Unionst
We lost this game on shooting and rebounding
Noah 3-10, JMike 2-10, Derek 1-5, Hyatt 0-5
FG 6-30 20%, 3pt 1-6
Rest of the team 19-32 59.3%, 3pt 3-8 37.5%
Only 9 TOs, Derek 3TOs

Reactions: Wagram97 and RU MAN
No, Pike would just rather have 5 guys who can’t shoot but play his style. He better learn to adjust with what he has coming in. If not this will blow up quickly.

Beyond stupid to schedule this game for a few alum and nj media

No one else cared including nj residents and Rutgers is 0-1
The issue isnt 0-1. The issue is Game 1 when we are playing fernandes williams jamike oskar cliff.

Gavin appears like he has never been coached how to play D
Hyatt cant play D and only rebounds balls that come to him
Simpson was awful on D and thinks it is OK to go under screens
Chol was a DNP
Every guard needs the ball in his hands to score
Those guards mostly only look to score

I dont want to hear about depth
I dont want to hear about playing fast
I dont want to hear about how we dont miss paul

I do know the result is different with a healhtjy mag

It doesn’t say much about us as a program . Fans scared to play Princeton and then they beat us going away.
You do not understand modern NCAA tournament selection criteria if you do not understand why fans were “scared to play Princeton.”

But by all means, criticize the knowledgeable fans who didn’t want a lose-lose game on the schedule

Would you rather learn that your team has issues on November 6th or against Illinois or Seton Hall?

Princeton exposed our weaknesses and liabilities. In addition certain guys didnt play hard.

Pike 20 minutes in to the season hit the reset button and minutes are totally up for grabs.

In the end playing Princeton either was the best thing for us OR will tell us all that we need to know on how the season will go

Would you rather learn that your team has issues on November 6th or against Illinois or Seton Hall?

Princeton exposed our weaknesses and liabilities. In addition certain guys didnt play hard.

Pike 20 minutes in to the season hit the reset button and minutes are totally up for grabs.

In the end playing Princeton either was the best thing for us OR will tell us all that we need to know on how the season will go

We could play Baylor and learn more

Playing Princeton made more questions than answers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT