ADVERTISEMENT

What I'm Hearing

Please explain how a full roster loses by 61 point and scores 31. It's a team that had Judge Jack Mack Seagers Moore and Etou. Im curious

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400545735
Maybe because only one of those players had heart or was more of a team player than for himself.
Maybe the talent thought wasn't as much as there was in some cases.
I remember ( but not the posters) when those mentioned were playing , they got bashed as much as Goode and Daniels are being knocked now .
Seems like that changed and they now are being compared to Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird plus Oscar Robinson,. while throwing in a Lebron for good measure
Never-the-less losing by that amount was inexcusable

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeR0102
All I remember about Louisville game is comment by Tim Welsh who said he is a disgrace to the uniform. Jerome Seagers. The kid just quit in game.

Last edited:
Reactions: MADHAT1
why do the Eddie supporters continue to ignore that the roster issues this year are largely in part to 3 players transferring out and using a scholarship on Goode and then using one on a transfer that sits out.
No one ignores it. It is just reality. That when it smacks you right in the face you shouldn't ignore it. Like u do all the time. Stop worrying whether the remaining roster is 250-300 in Kenpom this year , This year is a no win situation . Next year is not. You might not agree but at least understand the point, instead of your Eddie must go mantra. If you want the best for Rutgers , blowing up the team is not the way to go right now unless you want to waste the next few years.

No one ignores it. It is just reality. That when it smacks you right in the face you shouldn't ignore it. Like u do all the time. Stop worrying whether the remaining roster is 250-300 in Kenpom this year , This year is a no win situation . Next year is not. You might not agree but at least understand the point, instead of your Eddie must go mantra. If you want the best for Rutgers , blowing up the team is not the way to go right now unless you want to waste the next few years.

Eddie must go.

you are ignoring program management..something I believe in and that's why next year isn't going to be the warm fuzzies like you think

It's starting to seem like EJ gets one more year.

Why do you say this? I don't believe there have been any "hints" to indicate he will be back?

I actually believe he WILL NOT be back. We'll all know in about 3 weeks!

I continue to go to EVERY game, support the players and cheer, but I can no longer root for EJ, he has turned RU MBB into an absolute disaster!

Do they have an RPI for coach ratings? Eddie would be DEAD LAST!

Reactions: Jim_from_RU
You don't know that or shit about next year. You cannot figure out why our current roster cannot win. Your opinion is something only you negative buddies can embrace. Try just once to support the program , the mess we have been for over 20 years, the 10 years straight of losing records., without your diatribe about Eddie. Look around the country at programs around the country that have lost just one player!

why wasn't the roster winning early on....why are we 5-36 in our last 41 games...facts are facts, you are living in candyland. How can we set back a program that is at absolute rock bottom. Herb will simply take over next year with possibly the full team and start moving us forward

Why do you say this? I don't believe there have been any "hints" to indicate he will be back?

I actually believe he WILL NOT be back. We'll all know in about 3 weeks!

I continue to go to EVERY game, support the players and cheer, but I can no longer root for EJ, he has turned RU MBB into an absolute disaster!

Do they have an RPI for coach ratings? Eddie would be DEAD LAST!

ouchmyknee had some infp about Flood too that wasn't necessarily right ...comes on to drop hints and oneliners but not a lot of credibility to back it up

Last edited:
Football proved nobody knows anything. Hobbs is a pro and will keep it quite. We will see in a couple weeks

Reactions: bac2therac
wrong...for ONE they would have managed the roster...they wouldn't take two guys who bolted before they played a minute, they wouldn't recruit Goode. They would have recruited better talent...so now don't bring up their names at all

gamewise yes they would have done better...please stop throwing your hands up in the air...see you don't have to lose by 35 to Nebby or 50 Purdue, you can lose games by 15-20
coach K is down to 6-7 players. Great roster manangement . He has All - Americans ! He lost players . It happens at Duke too !!

why wasn't the roster winning early on....why are we 5-36 in our last 41 games...facts are facts, you are living in candyland. How can we set back a program that is at absolute rock bottom. Herb will simply take over next year with possibly the full team and start moving us forward
We won't have the full team !! But go ahead your mind is made up

only Doorson was missing those first 6 games....please stop, he wouldn't have made the difference, I am sure that one guy was missing from the lineup from of our opponents too...you cant cry injuries off one guy missing games.....RU played horrific early in the season...whats your excuse for the deplorable play against Central Arkansas

Football proved nobody knows anything. Hobbs is a pro and will keep it quite. We will see in a couple weeks

so so true....any so called insider isn't an insider because they would have known all about Flood and better yet all about Julie getting canned more than just 10 days before when some rumors started to float around.

Hobbs aint telling anyone jack shit at this point especially people he barely knows. This is going to be very close to the vest whichever way it goes

Reactions: RUChoppin

Herb will be fine next year. Nigel Johnson is going nowhere and according to some hes as good as Sanders so we will be okay. Yeah we might lose a couple but actually most will be here

ouchmyknee had some infp about Flood too that wasn't necessarily right ...comes on to drop hints and oneliners but not a lot of credibility to back it up
I disagree. I was probably one of the first people to say that Flood was being fired. And I think there are others who would say I'm credible. Being credible doesn't always necessary mean having every detail (because sometimes even people at the source don't have them). But, I know people who are very very close to the program. If I hear something from them, I tend to share since I know that's why we're all here. If you prefer that I keep everything to myself, then I can do that too. Amazing that you get killed for sharing what you hear from people who know things.

I disagree. I was probably one of the first people to say that Flood was being fired. And I think there are others who would say I'm credible. Being credible doesn't always necessary mean having every detail (because sometimes even people at the source don't have them). But, I know people who are very very close to the program. If I hear something from them, I tend to share since I know that's why we're all here. If you prefer that I keep everything to myself, then I can do that too. Amazing that you get killed for sharing what you hear from people who know things.

to be fair you were posting threads and they were getting deleted by the mods

I don't doubt necessarily what your source gives you. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Flood might have been fired. So yeah the details are sort of important because the way the last 10-14 days went down at that time with Julie/Flood turned everything upside down from what sources had been saying.

I just think Hobbs is not letting on anything at this point and only to any donors he might be talking to in secrecy. Barchi doing what he did and how he did it and then Hobbs conducting the head football coaching search pretty much gives evidence how things are going to be done around here going forward

Herb will be fine next year. Nigel Johnson is going nowhere and according to some hes as good as Sanders so we will be okay. Yeah we might lose a couple but actually most will be here

The good thing with Nigel if our bigs get hurt next year he could probably play center.

Bac,

In the first 5 games or so guys were learning to play together you had a lot of new parts. Sanders at the time of the suspension was playing at a much higher level then he was game one through 5. Is it not fair to assume the other guys would have progressed as well? Teams usually get better when the season progresses barring injury.

Having said all this I am not convinced Eddie is the right guy. I defend him a lot here because he is wrongly attacked right now for the way the team is performing today. There is nothing he can do about the right now. In fact I think he has them playing to their potential right now.

It is not the right time to fire Eddie. He deserves one more year with a healthy full roster. After next year make the call. At the end of next season Hobbs better have set timelines for practice facility. I assume he will and at that point we make the call on the coach. No extension right now. Buyout will be less next year. And at that point nobody can say we didn't give one of all time greats every chance to succeed.

That is how it should and will be done.

Reactions: RUonBrain and goru7
Did Craig Littlepage deserved to be fired in year 3? I'm curious what people think.

People close to the program dont always know what is going on. Particularly if they are tied to the staff. I guess we will see.

I also know that many will not want to fire Eddie if next year is bad. That's what friends do

With all Americans he does.

So what's your point then? You're making a poor comparison. And excusing a 61 point loss with a full roster? You are just running in circles fighting off whatever argument there is. Facts are facts. EJ is in over his head. Doesn't mean he's gone at the end of the year. But he has been absolutely putrid in pretty much all facets of this job. The only thing he had left was not being controversial and even then he's starting to say things that are ticking people off. He will be worth the buyout after this season.

All I care is that if EJ is let go that its a big enough name that player will commit to the name. Right now we are in a no win situation if the person who takes over is not someone who is bigger than the program.

Littlepage didnt take over from mike rice. He took over from the best coach ru ever had so yeah he deserved to go

Reactions: goru7
It comes down to is RU willing to invest in a good head coaching candidate and facilities right now. If not, then, RU should keep EJ. No quality HC candidate will come here unless RU pays market value or above for a B1G coach and seriously commits to improving the facilities (not talk, but action).

RU has gone down the road of bargain basement hires before, and they have not worked out. We need a head coach with track record of success, and someone who has proven they can recruit. This program has potential. Unfortunately, it has been mismanaged for a LONG period of time.

Reactions: goru7
One change that could be made is moving the games to College Ave Gymnasium (The Barn). Attendance/season ticket sales will warrant it. Does The Barn have decent sight lines for Big Ten Network coverage?

Littlepage didnt take over from mike rice. He took over from the best coach ru ever had so yeah he deserved to go

that excuse is getting old. It explains why we don't have upperclassmen talent and why we aren't getting Ws. It is a poor excuse when looking at recruiting, substitution patterns (and general coaching), and suspensions.

Jeff Boals and Ohio just knocked off the reigning 2019 National Champs UVA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT