ADVERTISEMENT

Wimsatt qbr

Every team but Michigan has a losing record (and Wagner would post solid loses to some D3 teams).
Throw out the kick return TD, and RU's offense lost to Michigan 31-0 (and RU usually play Michigan much.. better than OSU).

My boredom isn't due to Winsapp but with RU's constant glacial pace of player dev the last 10-12 years. There are always a few naturals but overall mediocrity is a weird kind of goal in RU ball. Each year there are a handful of mediocre wins, and by November RU is B1G roadkill for the boss teams. I wouldn't bet this year will be different just yet.

If Schiano took over Colorado he would have the same losing players that were portaled out, and the team would have no wins and still empty seats. This is how we roll with Father Greg's Scarlet Boys Town. I remember when RU beat Louisville and Greg said "it was ahead of schedule" - six years into first stint.

I like that Greg is a good guy who "wants to win the right way" but somewhere along the way the winning instinct softens up to become "being safe" first and I think its an excuse for anticipated losing. If Greg ran NASA in the 60s they would have been working out the kinks until 1986. Monken at ARMY played top ten teams better than RU with a bunch of 0-2 stars.

There's a famous psychologist who says being "good" isn't good enough if you lose "the monster" inside. The monster that good people control but dont lose completely. Heroes have to be able to rise-up to the moment and sometimes to be tougher than the treats. I haven't seen that with RU teams since aughties

I've never said Wimsatt couldn't start somehwere else. He might being even be doing better. RU's football monster isn't in the house (the forums yes lol)

billy-madison-dumber.gif

Uh yes I know QBR takes everything into account including passing. So according to QBR he's well above average at playing the quarterback position.
Maybe should go back and read where I said he has improved a lot over last year and is a good game manager several times! We are 4/1. You just want to argue. I'm happy with the progress the team has made and GW as well. Doesn't make him an accurate passer. Doesn't make him a bad QB. The qbr and passer rating are 2 different evaluations yet you brought it up, not me.

Maybe should go back and read where I said he has improved a lot over last year and is a good game manager several times! We are 4/1. You just want to argue. I'm happy with the progress the team has made and GW as well. Doesn't make him an accurate passer. Doesn't make him a bad QB. The qbr and passer rating are 2 different evaluations yet you brought it up, not me.
You said he hasn't done well when asked to throw. QBR rates him as the 6th best passer in the conference . Not great but not bad either.

According to QBR he is tied for 3rd best QB in the conference after 5 weeks.

You said he hasn't done well when asked to throw. QBR rates him as the 6th best passer in the conference . Not great but not bad either.

According to QBR he is tied for 3rd best QB in the conference after 5 weeks.
Again the qbr is a NOT a passer rating! It's an all around rating!

We hear from the same people complaining that Wimsatt couldn't start for another B1G team, yet the sh*t I saw last night from Iowa's two QB and MSU QB clearly shows Wimsatt could start over them. Sometimes, you can't overcome someone's perception because it's baked in. These individuals fail to realize that Wimsatt isn't asked to throw 30+ times a game. He is asked to get the team into a position to play to their strength: running the ball. When asked to throw, Wimsatt has done well. It's not all about TD and passing yards. You have to include how well the offense is running, scoring, no T.O., etc.
Doug you better than most understand since you actually played this game at a high level . The negative group of 10 -12 don’t actually want an honest conversation about this team, Gavin Wimsatt and their HC Greg Schiano. It is well known we have some well versed posters and others who only want to feel good if the program fails. They can dance the Tarantella at the 50 yard line, swearing how much they care and want only everything good for Rutgers. If they were that knowledgeable or experts as coaches they would not be posting here. We aren’t there yet but I have no doubt the day is coming where we are seen as a good program with academics and high character players.

Every team but Michigan has a losing record (and Wagner would post solid loses to some D3 teams).
Throw out the kick return TD, and RU's offense lost to Michigan 31-0 (and RU usually play Michigan much.. better than OSU).
Serious question, do you even watch Rutgers games or just look at scores? Because it's obvious, what you wrote wasn't a memory slip and what you really think happened.

Serious question, do you even watch Rutgers games or just look at scores? Because it's obvious, what you wrote wasn't a memory slip and what you really think happened.

I follow Parcells philosophy - you are what your record says you are.

Rutgers lost big to Michigan - I dont tickle through stats looking for statistical angles of positivity and cryptic sucessess. Rutgers offense scored no points and could barely make a third down

Rutgers lost big to Michigan - I dont tickle through stats looking for statistical angles of positivity and cryptic sucessess. Rutgers offense scored no points and could barely make a third down
We scored on a pass play in the 1st quarter.

Reactions: TRU2RU and sct1111
no one is hating but have yet to see anyone offer a cognizant rebuttal to what has been said of his qbr rating.
I agree it's a good qbr ranking and shouldn't be a surprise. He hits the mark on td/int ratio at 5/1 which is weighed heavily in the qbr. I believe he hasn't fumbled. He is averaging 4.6 yards per run. He is 4/1 as a starting QB. I'll repeat, he is a good game manager and much improved over last year. Still has to improve his accuracy. I'd also like him to run more. He has handed off many times when the edge is uncovered. But he is 4/1 with just 2 more wins needed. I'll be happy going to a bowl. I think that's been the goal of the team and the fanbase for 2023. Move on from there.

Are you sure you didn't watch Colorado's game on rewind and touch yourself to pictures of Deion instead of watching that game?

We score on the second play from scrimmage on a pass play.

Reactions: TRU2RU

Pass plays on the first 3 plays of the game lead to a touchdown. Then Rutgers didn't throw another pass until the second half....I would've liked to see them try to put some pressure on Michigan. After that big monangai run was called back I think we needed some passes to loosen up the run defense. But let's see how Gavin and the offense develops for the rest of the season..

Almost too funny. If it wasn’t so sad.

And it isn’t even like you bothered to go back to ask yourself, am I sure about what I am posting…you just keep doubling down.
Let’s see how many times you do it again.
I think it may be fun for the rest of us to try to keep count.

Reactions: TRU2RU

Actually Rutgers scored on the first series play from scrimmage a 69 yd. Td pass to Chris Dremel. So already you were wrong. Maybe you should actually watch the games.

Actually Rutgers scored on the first series play from scrimmage a 69 yd. Td pass to Chris Dremel. So already you were wrong. Maybe you should actually watch the games.
Dude must have been drunk. Rutgers offense score 7 points. Also, Phil Parcells didn't care about offensive or defensive stats, he care about Ws and Ls. We are what our record is, 4-1. He makes 2 points that are both incredible wrong.

Dude must have been drunk. Rutgers offense score 7 points. Also, Phil Parcells didn't care about offensive or defensive stats, he care about Ws and Ls. We are what our record is, 4-1. He makes 2 points that are both incredible wrong.
Sounds like another group of phonies

We scored on a pass play in the 1st quarter.

OK you got me on that.

J was just tuning-in when RU player Fredddy Mercury was hitting the end zone early and I thought I heard it was a return.

In any case, that was end of the day for RU scoring and 31 unanswered points followed. So yeah still not a great day.

OK you got me on that.

J was just tuning-in when RU player Fredddy Mercury was hitting the end zone early and I thought I heard it was a return.

In any case, that was end of the day for RU scoring and 31 unanswered points followed. So yeah still not a great day.
Sure idiot we understand . Nobody that is a Rutgers fan was happy about the loss but what is different is we know that will change and perhaps sooner than anyone thought.

Sure idiot we understand . Nobody that is a Rutgers fan was happy about the loss but what is different is we know that will change and perhaps sooner than anyone thought.

Yeah nobody is more patient that Rutgers.
When last winning season was almost 10 years ago I guess a lucky TD vs Michigan is cool beans.
If I was really an idiot I would be paying for this stuff but I'm not - its barely even worth free tbh.
I don't even know how people go to a Wagner game
I confess I didn't watch that and I mostly likley wont be watching OSU (I avoid that game every year)

Reactions: RUTGERS95
why are you calling him idiot

weren't you one of the ones saying to give Ash more time, no one knows cause they aren't coaches at d1 level?

lots of glass houses here

Reactions: TheKnightclub

My boredom isn't due to Winsapp but with RU's constant glacial pace of player dev the last 10-12 years. There are always a few naturals but overall mediocrity is a weird kind of goal in RU ball. Each year there are a handful of mediocre wins, and by November RU is B1G roadkill for the boss teams. I wouldn't bet this year will be different just yet.

If Schiano took over Colorado he would have the same losing players that were portaled out, and the team would have no wins and still empty seats. This is how we roll with Father Greg's Scarlet Boys Town. I remember when RU beat Louisville and Greg said "it was ahead of schedule" - six years into first stint.

I like that Greg is a good guy who "wants to win the right way" but somewhere along the way the winning instinct softens up to become "being safe" first and I think its an excuse for anticipated losing. If Greg ran NASA in the 60s they would have been working out the kinks until 1986. Monken at ARMY played top ten teams better than RU with a bunch of 0-2 stars.

There's a famous psychologist who says being "good" isn't good enough if you lose "the monster" inside. The monster that good people control but dont lose completely. Heroes have to be able to rise-up to the moment and sometimes to be tougher than the treats. I haven't seen that with RU teams since aughties

I've never said Wimsatt couldn't start somehwere else. He might being even be doing better. RU's football monster isn't in the house (the forums yes lol)
Amazingly stupid post. If you are so concerned with the slow pace of the program’s development, feel free to write a 100 mil check to make up for our lack of a fanbase, money and tradition.

Greg built this thing, and now he’s rebuilding it.

Last edited:
Yeah nobody is more patient that Rutgers.
When last winning season was almost 10 years ago I guess a lucky TD vs Michigan is cool beans.
If I was really an idiot I would be paying for this stuff but I'm not - its barely even worth free tbh.
I don't even know how people go to a Wagner game
I confess I didn't watch that and I mostly likley wont be watching OSU (I avoid that game every year)
Exactly why no one should be writing a critique of a game they didn’t see nor about players and how they aren’t as good as others at the same position. Spouting off about transfer portal QB’s and why we need to get one. We have 3 QB’ today and one pretty good one coming into the program at mid year. The fact is people need to put those so called outside experts on hold….
Do Not entertain these posters who really only post the negatives. If they were posting some positive posts every so often it would show maybe we can have a discussion about the good and bad. Anyone stopping by today and post game would think we did not take care of business. Now we get to see how far we still have to go against a good Wisconsin team. Not there yet but we are much better than 3 years ago even last year. No claims of us being a threat to the upper echelon programs but we will compete.

Amazingly stupid post. If you are so concerned with the slow pace of the program’s development, feel free to write a 100 mil check to make up for our lack of a fanbase, money and tradition.

Greg built this thing, and now he’s rebuilding it.
love the irony

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT