ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball Returns Home to Meet Cornell

Game about to begin. Streeter not starting. RU gets T before tip Cornell up 1-0

6-7 at 4:41
closed caption on scoreboard is funny. We apparenty have a player named Spike He’ll and Michael Name

• Haha
Reactions: ScarletteK80
12-12 after 1st
Neither team shooting well, RU outrebounding Cornell 18-8, but offset by 7 turnovers to 1 for Cornell
At least cc finally got Smikles name right on third try

Be careful using threads on the FB page to watch the games. I tried a few weeks ago and my CC was compromised.

Streeter and Smikle hit threes - 20-12, 7.02 left 2nd. Cornell shooting 18%, RU 38% but 3/5 from 3

29-21 at half. Smikle leading scorer with 11. Rebounds 34-13 but 7 more turnovers.

Phone may die before game end so will turn off for a while to conserve battey - will be back end of 3

RU 46
Cornell 35
end of 3rd
Keylene with 19 and 8 rebounds
Chyna with 14 rebounds and 7 pts

Reactions: RULoyal
61-46 with 2:23 left. Cornell missing shots plus we managed to beat press finally

Another to on press but65-50 with 1:20 left. Smikle 23 pointsStreeter and Sadie also double figures

Reactions: MADHAT1
RU 16/19 on free throws. Way too many turnovers - 28, but comfortable 17 point lead

Winning is better than losing. We know what we have this year. Just enjoy the win today.

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Just got home and watched game. Of course 29 turnovers is a bit much. Very, very impressed with the frosh Smikle. Also, what's up with Bates? Really great win coming after the 3 losses down in the Bahamas, and BIG games will be here very soon.

Just got home and watched game. Of course 29 turnovers is a bit much. Very, very impressed with the frosh Smikle. Also, what's up with Bates? Really great win coming after the 3 losses down in the Bahamas, and BIG games will be here very soon.
Was surprised at lack of time for Bates - only in for a few minutes.

I watched the game after the first quarter. My guess is Bates needs to work on her offense and shooting. When in, she does not look to shoot. She looks okay on defense and had a nice block in the 4th quarter when Cornell was trying to close the gap.

In 8 games @ 15 minutes per game she has shot 1-22, and that's against piss poor teams minus the Bahamas games. With conference games coming up this will be a nightmare.

In 8 games @ 15 minutes per game she has shot 1-22, and that's against piss poor teams minus the Bahamas games. With conference games coming up this will be a nightmare.
Unfortunately, this may be a "wake me when it's over" season.

Her Defense is not just ok . Which is why shes usually put in when we need a defensive boost . yesterday 3 blocks and assist in the limited time . Offense will come shes playing out of her natural position.

Welcome to this board, I see this is your 1st post. She had 2 blocks btw. I can't defend 1-22 in 8 games against subpar competition though. I did not mention her defense at all. We will see how/if she improves as the season goes on.
Again welcome.

3 one must not of been counted . No one is asking you to defend anything . These girls are put in a unique situation for sure . All fighting to build the program back up . When not if she improves . She’s to skill-full not to . Thanks for the Welcome Go RU !

A bit? Lol.
Smile is looking great and Steeter was a great get.
Perfect example of what quality foul shooting does for you down the stretch when a team is coming at you end game.
Good win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT