ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Basketball to Close Battle4Atlantis Against No. 3/5 Texas

Texas has a 3 game losing streak going into this game, hope that moves to 4..
But it's hard to think RU can beat a program that was ranked (AP) 19 even with 3 loses
( ranking was before the last loss that happened in this tourney )

Reactions: biker7766
We totalled 6 assists for the game, to go along with 24 turnovers... Well, at least we were able to hold off until the 4th quarter to get outscored really badly in the quarter, instead of in the third quarter like in the previous 2 games.

Last edited:
Yup CVS damaged this program to almost irreparable repair it is going to take years and lets hope Washington can do this
Maybe looking forward is the best way and believing CW has the stuff winners are made of might help more than placing the blame on what happened in the past and hasn't been fully explained why.
That she ruined it charge has been ongoing for some time now and can't be undone by bringing the past back in view while the present should be the start of a new era that RU fans root for the new HC and look forward to her overcoming the obstacles she faces now.

I believe most RU WBB fans understand this season will be a tough one and can only root for the team to play as well as they can, stay away from injuries as thie program starts trying to improve next year and be on the way back to the way it was during the glory years that made us proud.

Beating top and good programs can't be expected but rooting for the team to play well and enjoying the players that give their all is something we all can do.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkilletHead2
Simply amazing how one of our 2 best programs, entering the B1G, has become one of our 3 worst (EASILY the most disappointing).

Reactions: bac2therac
We told people for years that this exact scenario would happen
and always was heard an encouraging word.
What happened wasn't the way you envisioned.
But does go with your constant trashing the program acting like CVS was having losing seasons instead of ones that didn't dance or go far in the dance,.
Don't try and pat yourself on back by acting like you seen the way this program imploded.

I started a thread thinking of posters like you.
When things go bad,run here ASAP to bash.
But when something good is involved m seldom heard.

Reactions: dfr1966
Simply amazing how one of our 2 best programs, entering the B1G, has become one of our 3 worst (EASILY the most disappointing).
very disappointing
At one time the best and one to be proud of.
Now one we can only hope that the new HC can bring it back to it's glory years..

and always was heard an encouraging word.
What happened wasn't the way you envisioned.
But does go with your constant trashing the program acting like CVS was having losing seasons instead of ones that didn't dance or go far in the dance,.
Don't try and pat yourself on back by acting like you seen the way this program imploded.

I started a thread thinking of posters like you.
When things go bad,run here ASAP to bash.
But when something good is involved m seldom heard.

Actually it was

Actually it was
if you can prove what you claim I'll owe you an apology.
All I can say is for years you complained about CVS not keeping up with the times ad implying she was running a losing program even in the years RU made the dance but knocked out quickly.

You call the program a disaster, even when it wasn't just because you felt quick dance outs and coming up a ;little short proved program was trash
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I First Round

Stringer was out on a LOA in the 2021-2022 season
2021-22 Rutgers 11-20 3-14 13th in B1G
and that hurt the program
with the way Tim ran it and the lack of knowing if she'd be back hurt recruiting .
Just looking at CVS' last 3 years she actively coached proves you didn't call the way RU WBB turned sour.
But only posted after bad things even in winning years for the longest time because you didn't like CVS and seemed to ignore any good that happened under he watch occasionally posting nicely but mainly ignoring the good times when rushing to this board to complain over the slightest hint of something negative happening.

cvs' loa was the killer because no onme knew when or if she'd come back , that complaint was right but your past pratice shows that was just one right complaint in your world of unfounded ones.

Reactions: ru66
It was a steady decline. The one ncaa year was almost all Guirantes...Rutgers was a non threat in the ncaa tourney andcnationally

Not expecting much this year … just hoping they get at least one B1G win. Build the culture and then get more scholarship players.

Reactions: RULoyal
if you can prove what you claim I'll owe you an apology.
All I can say is for years you complained about CVS not keeping up with the times ad implying she was running a losing program even in the years RU made the dance but knocked out quickly.

You call the program a disaster, even when it wasn't just because you felt quick dance outs and coming up a ;little short proved program was trash
2018–19Rutgers22–1013–53rdNCAA Division I First Round
2019–20Rutgers22–911–7T–5thCanceled due to COVID-19
2020–21Rutgers14–510–33rdNCAA Division I First Round

Stringer was out on a LOA in the 2021-2022 season
2021-22 Rutgers 11-20 3-14 13th in B1G
and that hurt the program
with the way Tim ran it and the lack of knowing if she'd be back hurt recruiting .
Just looking at CVS' last 3 years she actively coached proves you didn't call the way RU WBB turned sour.
But only posted after bad things even in winning years for the longest time because you didn't like CVS and seemed to ignore any good that happened under he watch occasionally posting nicely but mainly ignoring the good times when rushing to this board to complain over the slightest hint of something negative happening.

cvs' loa was the killer because no onme knew when or if she'd come back , that complaint was right but your past pratice shows that was just one right complaint in your world of unfounded ones.
The only thing is finishing 3rd-5th and qualifying for the NCAA tournament is sour. The last 3 years are an achievement but they should be viewed historically as the absolute minimum expectations. CVS really hasn't produced at a "HOF" career level since 2007-08.

The only thing is finishing 3rd-5th and qualifying for the NCAA tournament is sour. The last 3 years are an achievement but they should be viewed historically as the absolute minimum expectations. CVS really hasn't produced at a "HOF" career level since 2007-08.
Exactly. If you felt RU womens basketball was living up to expectations the last 10 years (minimally) then you had low expectations for this program.

Reactions: bac2therac
Exactly. If you felt RU womens basketball was living up to expectations the last 10 years (minimally) then you had low expectations for this program.
as for me I never though RU WBB was living up to what I expected they should be doing, but defended the program and HC from those implying it was a losing program.
I don't know the number of times ( it was a lot) that I posted the W-L record to disprove those who tried to say the program was a losing one for years .
Saying not reaching expectations was hardly the case with those complaining, they implied that the program was a loser .

Those type of posts got my goat, the posts about not living up to expectations was readily accepted. But seldom posted like that.
Shame that not living up to expectations wasn't the common complaint, it was implying the program was a loser that was the common bash by those that made a point to stop by after something bad happened but rarely came on this board to post after anything good happened..

I just hated to seeing the lies being said when some bashed the program and HC , implying the program was a losing one is a lie in my book, and not being truthful about the program just wasn't doing good enough in their estimation ( which was the way I looked at how the seasons turned out)
So I'm not accepting a redemption tour whet long time bashers are now trying to claim they only were saying the program wasn't good enough in their opinion, they were implying the program was a losing one and I won't all that to be revised to make them look like they gave honest complaints over the years.

This is the start of a new era , lets look for reasons to smile in a season that won't be very enjoyable , but hopefully the program under CW can give an occasional glimpse of being able to return to the glory year RU WBB had in the past.

Lets just hope for future success and leave the recent past behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: ru66
They were - all in all - a generally winning program. While they were not at the heights they had been - they were not some horrible program either. The negative i said - mostly not on this board - was that I did not think they could return to a high level (Sweet 16 and up) with the style of play and recruiting level.

What I did say on this board, repetitively, was that the results did not justify a coaching change. It would have been a bad look. Now, all in all, it would have been better if CVS had retired sooner - at least before last season if not earlier. It didn't happen, and we are living with the results.

There was a clear declining trend under CVS from 2013 on. She had a few good seasons again late, but the extension going straight to the leave of absence for a full season with no clear understanding of who would be coaching this year absolutely burnt the program to the ground. It is going to be a tough road back to competing for conference titles, which is the level of expectation we had earlier in the CVS tenure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT