ADVERTISEMENT

Wow Edsall extended 3yrs

Doubt is was him? Heard Haskins though is recruiting a "dream team" for HIM. Haskins has a top Twenty hit list listed our recent commit OT Eli Johnson...we got him!

U can't possibly tell me that a kid with an offer sheet like that does not consider his future HC in his decision. Not saying it's everything or even the main thing, but it plays a huge role.

As for his list and all that a lot of kids do it, why not? He's trying and I can't blame him, Our recruits do the same thing #Dreamteam16.

Md has landed a few 4 star kids per class pretty consistently over the last few years which is a heck of a lot better than we have had. RE is a pretty good coach and recruiter who will get better, he's shown the ability to land some big level recruits without even having an indoor practice facility, that's impressive, I don't care how u twist it I think ms is a team very much on the rise

There class is only 32st? I think were around Fortieth? I'll take our chances with mostly good 3's and maybe a couple 4's later. Flash at the top but NO DEPTH.

By that logic what depth do we have? They've got 3 guys who are 4 star or better and the rest 2* and 3*.

We have only 2* and 3* and none of them are rated particularly high by any of the major services

U can't possibly tell me that a kid with an offer sheet like that does not consider his future HC in his decision. Not saying it's everything or even the main thing, but it plays a huge role.

As for his list and all that a lot of kids do it, why not? He's trying and I can't blame him, Our recruits do the same thing #Dreamteam16.

Md has landed a few 4 star kids per class pretty consistently over the last few years which is a heck of a lot better than we have had. RE is a pretty good coach and recruiter who will get better, he's shown the ability to land some big level recruits without even having an indoor practice facility, that's impressive, I don't care how u twist it I think ms is a team very much on the rise
Consistently? Yes after the near mass exodus when we got OT Dill from Md the AD then pressured RE into the Mike Locksley hire when he was fired at UNM..THEN the kids rolled in!! Check it out..Im not going to argue facts.

By that logic what depth do we have? They've got 3 guys who are 4 star or better and the rest 2* and 3*.

We have only 2* and 3* and none of them are rated particularly high by any of the major services
Same way Hafley did it...research a little...I've been watching the NE schools and CR CLOSELY for many yrs..

Go to Testudo times and research...RE is no charmer.

Go to Testudo times and research...RE is no charmer.

So if ur gonna just believe what written on blogs and by fans on the Internet and not use common sense, no point in talking to u. So what RE brought in a good recruiter or the AD did or whatever, that's what staff's are supposed to do. I wouldn't care at all if it was flood or anyone else who brought in Haskins if we got him, the point is they are landing big time recruits and we aren't, we have no room to talk

I have never understood why everyone on this board rags on edsall all the time. The guy is not that bad. He has a better resume than anyone who has ever coached at rutgers. He is not saban, but he has done a good job.
Yet he never beats any of the TU coaches you think he is better than.......

Reactions: NickyNewark51
Wow Edsall extended 3yrs Who woulda thunk

Just to let you guys know, the deal has a buy out of 500k after next year. He is extended so that anyone he recruits he is going to be here for their four years.

If he screws up again or we get a chance to make a big time hire, then we will make that move. Just can't leave a lame duck coach. No one is satisfied with two 7-6 seasons and the lost to you guys last year was completely unacceptable. Granted we all knew it was going to happen because Ralph was not going to let it happen, its more of the way we lost it that really diminished otherwise a good year.

With next year's schedule he will be lucky to be 7-6 and when the 155 million indoor facility is built, I am sure many coaches will want a B1G job at Maryland. So if Randy doesn't win he's gone, if he does, he's locked up to 2019.

Yet he never beats any of the TU coaches you think he is better than.......
Wow perception is amazing...We are a fickle fanbase...RE bails on UConn for his dream job and takes a perceived at the time lateral position and really never done much at UConn and now even some of our fan love or even like him? He can't seem to work well with AD's anywhere. Ask RJ Dill how loveable RE is and why he'd come here to play rather than at his state U. I met the guy..not likeable but I' m not so biased that I can't see he's a decent coach..no more!! His rep is poor recruit..good at coaching 2 star and UR kids up. I'd get sick if we ever hired him and he's certainly no better the HCKF. If KF had Lox we'd say he was a local hero. This is the last I'll comment on this guy.. he's not worth the buzz or attention were giving him.

Just to let you guys know, the deal has a buy out of 500k after next year. He is extended so that anyone he recruits he is going to be here for their four years.

If he screws up again or we get a chance to make a big time hire, then we will make that move. Just can't leave a lame duck coach. No one is satisfied with two 7-6 seasons and the lost to you guys last year was completely unacceptable. Granted we all knew it was going to happen because Ralph was not going to let it happen, its more of the way we lost it that really diminished otherwise a good year.

With next year's schedule he will be lucky to be 7-6 and when the 155 million indoor facility is built, I am sure many coaches will want a B1G job at Maryland. So if Randy doesn't win he's gone, if he does, he's locked up to 2019.
Nice honest post Terp...very rational.Though we see it that our season would have been a failure if we didn't beat either UMd or PSU...its all fanbase perception.

So if ur gonna just believe what written on blogs and by fans on the Internet and not use common sense, no point in talking to u. So what RE brought in a good recruiter or the AD did or whatever, that's what staff's are supposed to do. I wouldn't care at all if it was flood or anyone else who brought in Haskins if we got him, the point is they are landing big time recruits and we aren't, we have no room to talk
Wow is he a relative of you'res? Or are you under thirty? He's a hack!! A poor face of the program period.

Wow perception is amazing...We are a fickle fanbase...RE bails on UConn for his dream job and takes a perceived at the time lateral position and really never done much at UConn and now even some of our fan love or even like him? He can't seem to work well with AD's anywhere. Ask RJ Dill how loveable RE is and why he'd come here to play rather than at his state U. I met the guy..not likeable but I' m not so biased that I can't see he's a decent coach..no more!! His rep is poor recruit..good at coaching 2 star and UR kids up. I'd get sick if we ever hired him and he's certainly no better the HCKF. If KF had Lox we'd say he was a local hero. This is the last I'll comment on this guy.. he's not worth the buzz or attention were giving him. Amazing what a couple 7 W seasons done for him here!?!

Why not pine for the AD at UMd that forced the hire? He deserves the credit not RE...poor logic by you giving credit where its not due..

Under Armour and a six figure job landed Haskins. Nothing more nothing less.
I've heard intimations about this but never any detailed allegations. You care to speculate on the missing part?

I've heard intimations about this but never any detailed allegations. You care to speculate on the missing part?

It's 100% fanboy chatter. Of course there's no detailed allegations... Someone made it up in order to feel better about not landing Haskins. The truth is, Haskins knew for months where he wanted to go to school, he's a md kid who chose md... I have no qualms with that, I just think it's petty when people on here don't give credit where it's due, give RE some credit instead of " Well well he has this guy on his staff!"... That's such a BS excuse

Wow perception is amazing...We are a fickle fanbase...RE bails on UConn for his dream job and takes a perceived at the time lateral position and really never done much at UConn and now even some of our fan love or even like him? He can't seem to work well with AD's anywhere. Ask RJ Dill how loveable RE is and why he'd come here to play rather than at his state U. I met the guy..not likeable but I' m not so biased that I can't see he's a decent coach..no more!! His rep is poor recruit..good at coaching 2 star and UR kids up. I'd get sick if we ever hired him and he's certainly no better the HCKF. If KF had Lox we'd say he was a local hero. This is the last I'll comment on this guy.. he's not worth the buzz or attention were giving him.

I think ur blinded a bit there... We must agree to disagree on him as a recruiter, I don't care what assistant coach he has. Edsall would be a huge upgrade over HCKF. I guarantee that if KF quit or got fired next year, there's not a P5 team in the country that would touch him as a HC. Edsall would have people lining up... Truth

I think ur blinded a bit there... We must agree to disagree on him as a recruiter, I don't care what assistant coach he has. Edsall would be a huge upgrade over HCKF. I guarantee that if KF quit or got fired next year, there's not a P5 team in the country that would touch him as a HC. Edsall would have people lining up... Truth
I think ex Pitt Coach Dave Wannstedt got a bad deal at Pitt....his assistants elevated our recruiting when they canned him..Yeah the G5 and other MAC schools would love RE...no big time schools would though....

Under Armour and a six figure job landed Haskins. Nothing more nothing less.

LOL, same thing Wisconsin fans said when we landed Diamond Stone in basketball. And similarly, not a single ounce of actual proof to back up the claim.

Ever think that maybe we just beat you out for him? I'm not naive enough to think that Under Armour had no play here, but to assume that they are just throwing jobs around left and right for the parents of highly touted recruits is kind of a ridiculous claim. Glad that's something for you to hold on to though.

UnderArmour has billions, people say UA is helping MD land all these recruits. Funny, we havn't landed a top 10 class yet in football. We at Maryland are really excited when this actually starts happening because we still are losing guys to PSU, Alabama, Virginia Tech, Michigan, Ohio State etc.

As for Randy's likability...it's weird. I have met him many times. Parents, players, high school coaches, faculty at UMD, and the admin love him.

The press, most fans, and most boosters really don't care for him too much. I would say he is tolerated. He is not embrassing the university acadeimcally, he is honest and hard working. However, he is not fun for fans, boring to press, seems to always blame kids never the staff, and keeps practices closed and ruins interest.

So if he wins 7-10 games this year we'll tolerate him again.

.... "seems to always blame kids never the staff...."

That's a rather significant flaw in his game, no ?

Or dare?

You mean a HC with this type record is an upgrade
2011 Maryland 2–10 1–7 6th (Atlantic)

2012 Maryland 4–8 2–6 5th (Atlantic)

2013 Maryland 7–6 3–5 5th (Atlantic) L Military
Maryland Terrapins (Big Ten Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Maryland 7–6 4–4 3rd (East) L Foster Farms

over a HC with this record
2012 Rutgers 9–4 5–2 T–1st L Russell Athletic
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (American Athletic Conference) (2013)
2013 Rutgers 6–7 3–5 T–6th L Pinstripe
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Rutgers 8–5 3–5 T–4th (East) W Quick Lane

You mean a HC with this type record is an upgrade
2011 Maryland 2–10 1–7 6th (Atlantic)

2012 Maryland 4–8 2–6 5th (Atlantic)

2013 Maryland 7–6 3–5 5th (Atlantic) L Military
Maryland Terrapins (Big Ten Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Maryland 7–6 4–4 3rd (East) L Foster Farms

over a HC with this record
2012 Rutgers 9–4 5–2 T–1st L Russell Athletic
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (American Athletic Conference) (2013)
2013 Rutgers 6–7 3–5 T–6th L Pinstripe
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (Big Ten Conference) (2014–present)
2014 Rutgers 8–5 3–5 T–4th (East) W Quick Lane

The dude had UCONN playing in a BCS bowl... Man's also recruiting at a good level at one of the only P5 Schools in the country with no indoor facility. I'd take him over KF in a heartbeat

The dude had UCONN playing in a BCS bowl... Man's also recruiting at a good level at one of the only P5 Schools in the country with no indoor facility. I'd take him over KF in a heartbeat
Flood can show a better overall record and a AAC co championship and though Uconn went to the Fiesta, Edsall didn't win the BE championship outright
Considering Maryland's $155 million conversion from Cole Field into a indoor football facility and under armor as a sponsor , think that you can't say Maryland isn't selling its football program as one that has support and making improvements like putting in
$155 mil to upgrade the program and show the recruits what that indoor facility will look like.
Showing your going to put in the funds ( now) to make your program great, is a better recruitment tool than saying to those recruits , after you're gone we'll have the money to make this program better.
Here's what Edsall can sell ( that KF can't come close to even promising any improvements , except on the field) :
http://collegespun.com/big-ten/maryland-acc/maryland-releases-renderings-for-155-million-facility

By the way Randy is 94-100 life time (16 years)
74-70 at UConn ( 50-37 BE)
20-30 at Maryland

Kyle (3 years)
23-16
It's far to early in KF's career to claim a HC with a lifetime losing record is better than him .
Also when kids see a program being supported, it does help recruiting, while coaches without that support
tend to find out their lack of support is a drawback to having a great recruiting class.
So it's easy to see that Randy should have an edge over Kyle when showing recruits the support
he gets.
Flood can only say some day her hopes to get the support needed to bring RU FB on par with other B1G facilities
So in the recruit race Flood's at a disadvantage and fighting an uphill battle.
Kyle's not doing that bad, considering how the RU Administration has said they won't be spending much money on sports until the full share of the B1G revenue starts rolling in.

Flood can show a better overall record and a AAC co championship and though Uconn went to the Fiesta, Edsall didn't win the BE championship outright
Considering Maryland's $155 million conversion from Cole Field into a indoor football facility and under armor as a sponsor , think that you can't say Maryland isn't selling its football program as one that has support and making improvements like putting in
$155 mil to upgrade the program and show the recruits what that indoor facility will look like.
Showing your going to put in the funds ( now) to make your program great, is a better recruitment tool than saying to those recruits , after you're gone we'll have the money to make this program better.
Here's what Edsall can sell ( that KF can't come close to even promising any improvements , except on the field) :
http://collegespun.com/big-ten/maryland-acc/maryland-releases-renderings-for-155-million-facility

By the way Randy is 94-100 life time (16 years)
74-70 at UConn ( 50-37 BE)
20-30 at Maryland

Kyle (3 years)
23-16
It's far to early in KF's career to claim a HC with a lifetime losing record is better than him .
Also when kids see a program being supported, it does help recruiting, while coaches without that support
tend to find out their lack of support is a drawback to having a great recruiting class.
So it's easy to see that Randy should have an edge over Kyle when showing recruits the support
he gets.
Flood can only say some day her hopes to get the support needed to bring RU FB on par with other B1G facilities
So in the recruit race Flood's at a disadvantage and fighting an uphill battle.
Kyle's not doing that bad, considering how the RU Administration has said they won't be spending much money on sports until the full share of the B1G revenue starts rolling in.

Mad hat, i agree that it's difficult to compare the 2 schools but considering that they are in the same division as us and recruiting is HUGE in future success (yes there's anomolies but the vast majority is a direct reflection ie. Alabama and Ohio state...) Also let's be honest, md and ru don't have the same recognition as the others in our division but md is pulling top level recruits and we aren't, I'm worried! I know that makes me seam like a pessimist but I'm scared sh*tless of our future. Logically i just don't see how with Ohio state, mich, mich st, and yes psu how we're going to compete. Esp with md recruiting a HUGE QB prospect

I dare him to commit ritual seppuku!

Mad hat, i agree that it's difficult to compare the 2 schools but considering that they are in the same division as us and recruiting is HUGE in future success (yes there's anomolies but the vast majority is a direct reflection ie. Alabama and Ohio state...) Also let's be honest, md and ru don't have the same recognition as the others in our division but md is pulling top level recruits and we aren't, I'm worried! I know that makes me seam like a pessimist but I'm scared sh*tless of our future. Logically i just don't see how with Ohio state, mich, mich st, and yes psu how we're going to compete. Esp with md recruiting a HUGE QB prospect
My gawd...how old are you? We've beaten the Mich Sts before we were a B1G team!!! We were way ahead of Md recruiting wise for most of the last ten yrs wise until Lox came aboard at Md...I sense you have an affinity for Md or are naive. How does promoting the Terps as an RU fan help? Outside OSU and maybe UM its unreal how little faith you have as a RU fanatic !?! Theirs not too much difference today in any BCS level teams. Scared? I'm glad were not recruiting you.

My gawd...how old are you? We've beaten the Mich Sts before we were a B1G team!!! We were way ahead of Md recruiting wise for most of the last ten yrs wise until Lox came aboard at Md...I sense you have an affinity for Md or are naive. How does promoting the Terps as an RU fan help? Outside OSU and maybe UM its unreal how little faith you have as a RU fanatic !?! Theirs not too much difference today in any BCS level teams. Scared? I'm glad were not recruiting you.

Ha what's funny is most see me as a psu fan, oh well. No I just know that on this particular message board u get blasted for any negative view. I'm not young or old, I'm 23, thanks for asking.

Ha what's funny is most see me as a psu fan, oh well. No I just know that on this particular message board u get blasted for any negative view. I'm not young or old, I'm 23, thanks for asking.
Well at least you have a mind of your own.....your very young compared to most of us and that always explains a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT