Feb 8, 2020
Seems as if Rutgers wrestlers currently entered are

Peterson @ 57 with chance to win
Chletsos @ 61 in a tough field
Britton @ 65 kid loves to compete
White @ 74 could be good test vs. some tough kids
DeSantos and Geyer @ 74 - will learn more about them
Turley @ 79 could place high - some good kids in field

Hopefully some other of our kids will enter. This tourney is a good test for kids on the rise.

Didn’t see any RU guys entered in the U20s. Maybe all our wrestlers are older.

Seems as if Rutgers wrestlers currently entered are

Peterson @ 57 with chance to win
Chletsos @ 61 in a tough field
Britton @ 65 kid loves to compete
White @ 74 could be good test vs. some tough kids
DeSantos and Geyer @ 74 - will learn more about them
Turley @ 79 could place high - some good kids in field

Hopefully some other of our kids will enter. This tourney is a good test for kids on the rise.

Didn’t see any RU guys entered in the U20s. Maybe all our wrestlers are older.
I'm especially impressed to see Turley competing off-season... if he actually does. Where do we learn of the results?

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
Exciting! Good to see this many guys at u23.

U23 and srs should be a major focus moving forward. Get to see all the best in the country there.

Reactions: Rusty_Screw_88
Nice to see 74 KG doin well

White 25 seed, Geyer 22 seed (which seemed odd to me)

Physically he looks good. Upper body looking much bigger and more filled out than during season, which is encouraging. Showed some good offense too, just did a few folk style things in a freestyle match that opened him up to be scored on.
It was basically a takedown contest. Very little freestyle involved. Hall is just better on his feet at the moment. Hall is a tough wrestler, hard to score on, good scrambler, aggressive from neutral. He gave O’Toole a few good matches last year. White took some good shots. In addition to the ankle attacks, he has a good thigh pull, head inside single. Scored twice from that position. White looked good. An encouraging match.

That kid was AA in 22 I think.
Yea he was took 8th at a stacked weight and was blood round loser the year before as a true freshman , also had carr on the ropes last season and has Freestyle wins over Kharchla , real tough kid , I think white looked great this weekend , even though he’s a little small for the weight.. Future looks bright for him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT