ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling news

It would be nice to get some positive news. This is a small class. SHould be very selective, but should be getting one or two top guys to keep momentum going.

Did we even recruit Singletary? I get it when the top kids go to PSU, Iowa, Ok St. and we don't have a chance. I even get the Ivy League guys. But we should be in it (or at least trying) with any kid who commits to the other Big Ten schools or any ACC school, in my humble opinion.

Speculation on the Iowa board that Dom Demas could be headed to Rutgers. WNG, any truth to this rumor? Would be a great get. Thought we were out of the picture.

I'm hearing from a friend that Glasgow's visit went real well.
Obrats RU showing any intrest in Blairs Andrew Merola. AAlso Darwin Pena from Nutley placed 4th last year and is Prepping at St Benedicts. Heard he attended their camp last year and really impressed

Obrats RU showing any intrest in Blairs Andrew Merola. AAlso Darwin Pena from Nutley placed 4th last year and is Prepping at St Benedicts. Heard he attended their camp last year and really impressed
RU I'm not as knowledgeable as I like to think I am lol. So I am not sure how hard we are recruiting Merola or Pena. If I had to guess our coaches are looking at everyone. At the very least making the contact and seeing if the kids have interest.
I do get info on Glasgow because I am friends with someone close to him.

I figured Demas was a long shot. Makes sense for him to go there with there new coach. With this being a down year for recruiting all we need is 1-2 hammers to go with last years great class.

Besides Glasgow, who are our prospects? I can't believe we have a goose egg after our best season ever.

The 2016 recruiting class was very big, you cannot expect the 2017 class to have many kids(I expect 1 "scholarship" kid in the 2017 class). They already have 2 wrestlers from 2018(think 2, someone will confirm). The program at this time can be selective in who they recruit, that was not the case 4 to 5 years ago.

Fantastic news. Going to be a real hammer! Can't wait in 3 years to show Bill this thread! Lol. Jk buddy.

Passé
I will gladly eat crow. My post above was to give everyone a hint that he was ours but no one took the hint!

Is Glasgow likely the only 2017 wrestler we sign this class? We lose I believe 5 starters after this season to graduation (McCabe, Theobold, Lewis, Pafumi and Backukas). Since 2016 was such a large class and 2018 is primed to be as well I wouldn't be shocked if we only sign Glasgow this year.

CuuTaAIW8AAxQCO.jpg

I gotta tell you, fellow RU wrestling fanatics, this Twitter photo gives me mixed emotions. I love seeing the camaraderie among the team members as they start drills in the 42 degree weather. However, i can't help but feel saddened by Tyson Dippery's stick figure as he attempts to make the cut from 149 to 133. Whether or not he attains the starting spot, his weight cutting will be a struggle he appears willing to accept in order to achieve a spot in the starting lineup. Believe it or not, I read on (of all places) the Penn State Wrestling forum, one person had the idea of attaining Dippery next year as a graduate student with a year of eligibility left. It seems to me that Tyson's most natural weight class would be 141. If Ash appears likely to compete next year at that weight, it may make some sense for Tyson, provided he graduates, to transfer to a school that could use him at 141. I hate that I am even writing this because I have so much respect for all he has accomplished in his career and would love for him to compete comfortably for RU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT