ADVERTISEMENT

Yellow Lot!

G- RUnit

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2004
Wonderful day today! Great win! We won going away a game we had to have!
Nice touch playing Jimmy Buffett classy! Although you have to play Badlands more than three seconds. Stadium experience on a hot day was pretty good!

Now the bad! At the risk of sounding like an old man yelling at clouds the pre game DJ was frankly awful.
Way too loud. Ruined Yellow Lot Tailgate experience. You literally couldn’t talk or hear each other. For the love of God, why?

At one point DJ lectured tailgaters on how to cheer. R…… U…… really? The lack of response was deafening. He didn’t pump the crowd up. The crowd recoiled in disgust.

Trying way too hard and frankly just wasn’t good. He was annoying to an extreme. RU tailgate experience is as good as any. Don’t ruin it with a crappy two bit carnival barker.

Band was actually quite good but DJ and loudness ruined the experience. I know trying to build up Scarlet Walk. But this DJ and volume ruined it. Unbelievably you could barely hear the band because of this guy.

Please re-think!!!

Last edited:
In stadium DJ song selection is awful. Plays the same old played out songs. Nothing unique or creative or even hip.
And for the love of god , please stop playing the songs other colleges have made themselves known for
Rutgers games are the only part of my day to day life where I am forced to listen to crappy music. But its OK if they play like today.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
In stadium DJ song selection is awful. Plays the same old played out songs. Nothing unique or creative or even hip.
And for the love of god , please stop playing the songs other colleges have made themselves known for
Dump:
Click Click Boom
Shipping Off to Boston

3rd Down for Whom the Bell Tolls was nonexistent to severely f'd up.

We're far enough away from the band/DJ that we don't really hear them. Would annoy me to be captive to music I might not like. My playlist today, on the other hand, was perfect - at least for me, lol (our neighbors were actually complimentary, partly, I'm sure, because we don't blast it and I play just about every genre/era. Another thing that annoys me is when DJs only or mostly play one kind of music. So, it was truly a perfect day for us in the yellow lot.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Disagree. My issue was with him cutting songs short. He played DU HAST for crying out loud when/where have you EVER heard that in a college football stadium? Thought it was a much better mix of band/DJ/silence.

As far as the pre-game, sorry, BUT THAT IS FOR THE TEAM. Not for us. They WANT IT LOUD. Deal.

A couple of thoughts/tips regarding the yellow lot, which I have been in since the mid 1980s.

I used to like to be in the corner up front closest to the stadium. But yesterday, I was adjacent to the food trucks and it wasn't good. Their generators were loud and smelly. And because we were so close to the pre-game DJ, I had to turn my speaker off and put it back in the car. It was being drowned out.

I still love the yellow lot but this week I'll be parking closer to the exit path away from the food trucks.

Disagree. My issue was with him cutting songs short. He played DU HAST for crying out loud when/where have you EVER heard that in a college football stadium? Thought it was a much better mix of band/DJ/silence.

As far as the pre-game, sorry, BUT THAT IS FOR THE TEAM. Not for us. They WANT IT LOUD. Deal.
Have no problem dialing it up for the team. That’s welcome. It’s the hour pre team arrival and the hour post team departure that was way overboard.

Thought in Stadium DJ playing Margaritaville was well done.

I know the songs are old but why not
S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y K(night) as a sing along. Have the cheerleaders flash the leaders.

Brandy by Looking Glass was a Rutgers Band. If Ohio State can adopt Hang on Sloopy why can’t RU adopt Brandy. It’s already ours!

Yankees play NY NY
Red Sox play Sweet Caroline
Why Can’t RU Adopt Southside Johnny’s We’re Having A Party post game.
I do like the attempts at Badlands but three seconds is not enough.

We'll miss it when it's gone.
In the back of my mind, I always thought the expansion of facilities would be at the expense of the green lot. I guess we'll hear something public about that once they have the funding. But even Schiano has said he'd rather have people prioritize NIL over facilities. So it remains to be seen how far off that is.

Have no problem dialing it up for the team. That’s welcome. It’s the hour pre team arrival and the hour post team departure that was way overboard.

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y K(night) as a sing along. Have the cheerleaders flash the leaders.

Brandy by Looking Glass was a Rutgers Band. If Ohio State can adopt Hang on Sloopy why can’t RU adopt Brandy. It’s already ours!

Yankees play NY NY
Don't agree with everything you say here but this is some good spit balling.

Reactions: G- RUnit

Yankees play NY NY
This SHOULD be our 4th quarter song. Period!!!

@ScarletKid2008 I can do WITHOUT the slowed-down version of Zombie Nation. That being said if you watch enough CFB games (and I watch a TON the past few days) you'll hear A LOT of the same songs across the nation.

We're far enough away from the band/DJ that we don't really hear them. Would annoy me to be captive to music I might not like. My playlist today, on the other hand, was perfect - at least for me, lol (our neighbors were actually complimentary, partly, I'm sure, because we don't blast it and I play just about every genre/era. Another thing that annoys me is when DJs only or mostly play one kind of music. So, it was truly a perfect day for us in the yellow lot.
We were toward the front of the yellow lot and the DJ was way too loud. I’ve got a large and powerful speaker but didn’t want to crank it up because it would have just created more competing sounds.

One gripe from me. Why is the Football equipment truck parked on SK Way? It adds nothing to “The Boardwalk” atmosphere and only serves to block the view from the yellow lot.
No need to make me stare at a big tractor trailer all tailgate. It’s like tailgating at a truck stop.

We were toward the front of the yellow lot and the DJ was way too loud. I’ve got a large and powerful speaker but didn’t want to crank it up because it would have just created more competing sounds.
We've never been more than a 3-4 hour tailgate crew, so it's never been an issue for us, as I'd hate being close to that noise. I'm also like you on the competing noise thing. I usually try to set up my music really quickly after arrival, hoping that others don't come over the top with their music, which creates a sonic mess. Also, if we get there and someone has a very loud setup going, I'll usually just grin and bear it and not play my music, as I have no desire to have a loud music war, lol, as that just pisses off everyone. It's also why I don't turn my music up to 11, since I don't want to offend folks close to us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT