ADVERTISEMENT

Zappa...

Arizona Knight

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 25, 2001
Definitely saw some things to support the concern about (freshman version) Cliff but he showed me something in the 2nd half. Hopefully this was a baby step.

He was bad tonight. He’s lost on defense and they didn’t have their center. It will get worse before it gets better. Thank God Myles played so well down the stretch. Cliff will get better, but he has a very long way to go.

Think Cliff was a little lost in the Zone, he's better when we are playing transition run and gun and he can use his athleticism to throw down lobs and run to the rim

Reactions: Scangg
It's his 4th game in a high quality learning curve. I know we can recall how Myles looked as a redshirt freshman and we saw the initial learning curve for the Shaq Carter's and Shaq Doorson players here as bigs.

The block shot halfway through the 2nd half was great to see, he didn't try to outjump the player, just blanketed him with his arm length and got the ball moving to a guard.

Is he going to be best equipped to guard the Illinois big men, Cockburn and Georgi on a consistent basis....?? Probably not but if Illinois chooses to start their offense by going there, I would consider that a win, they have other offensive players more dangerous than their post man.

This is a great opportunity and time to be a big in our offense...you're good enough to score on putbacks and some lobs and play good defense, while not being asked to also carry the workload on offense.

I liked the twin towers look last night, if we’re getting beat on the boards, Pike can utilize it and it will stop immediately.
We may not score, but we won’t get out rebounded.
Cliff is not going to be a factor on offense just yet, he lacks hands and natural scoring instincts.
IMO...he can’t play when we’re losing or we’re in need of a run, we don’t go on a 17-4 run last night with Cliff in the game..

He will get better and better as the season goes on...he’s going to be a force one day, but not soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT