ADVERTISEMENT

“Campus Eats” on BTN and “Stuff Yer Face”

Is it the Corbett Boli? Because I don't care what anyone says that boli is delicious.
Sorry, that boli is an abomination, lol. Chicken, florets of broccoli, mozzarella cheese, and honey mustard - the only ingredient in that mess that should be in a boli is the cheese.

But not as bad as Mario Batali's boli, which they apparently renamed the Man vs. Food boli (guess they've disavowed Mario after his sexual harrassment and assault charges - still not resolved, but he apologized for some of his behaviors, so it's not like this is all made up stuff): Brie, cheddar, sautéed onions, onions, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, steak, chicken & ancho chipotle sauce.

Edit: I had this wrong - was never the Batali boli - Richman made it up on the spot in that 2009 episode of Man vs. Food. Still sucks as a boli, IMO.

Last edited:
They are still on George and still good. I saw a Skinny Vinny's reference in another post- there is another pizzeria there in its place. I thought they were solid, but they were also around the corner from my places on Morrell and Ray, so proximity probably played a role with that choice.
Lived at 57 Ray for 2 summers (82/83). Awesome location. Ate lots of pizza from Patti's and Skinny Vinnie's, given the short walk. The pizza at the OB is still the same as it was at Patti's - great, cheap bar pies/slices.

Reactions: RUPete
The Man vs. Food Boli is named after the TV show Man vs. Food where the guy literally came up with it on the spot in the episode, it was never Batali's. That was back in 2009.

Krispy at the Yard is very good. It is a chain but so what. Olive Branch is good, although I wish they could find the old sausage recipe from Patty’s. Greg is aware of this.
Krispy's is very good and the OB still uses Patti's recipes/oven, from what I've been told (although not aware of any sausage issue). Filippo's is still good and of the newer places, Fatto Americano makes really good "gourmet" pizzas, as does Panico's (not that new). I also really like PJs on Easton.

The Man vs. Food Boli is named after the TV show Man vs. Food where the guy literally came up with it on the spot in the episode, it was never Batali's. That was back in 2009.
I remember the episode, but for some reason I thought it was Batali's not made up on the spot by Richman - had to go back to the clip to check, though.

I do agree it's not very good, though I dig the ancho sauce and started getting make your own bolis with it.

As for pizza, you're spot on with Krispy's and Fatto Americano. Fatto's is like your hipster pizza joint, and they make some awesome pies that are unique.

As someone from Connecticut, Krispy's is the closest (both in terms of distance from where I live now and style) to the thin crust New Haven pies I love.

I do agree it's not very good, though I dig the ancho sauce and started getting make your own bolis with it.

As for pizza, you're spot on with Krispy's and Fatto Americano. Fatto's is like your hipster pizza joint, and they make some awesome pies that are unique.

As someone from Connecticut, Krispy's is the closest (both in terms of distance from where I live now and style) to the thin crust New Haven pies I love.
Yep on New Haven - love Frank Pepe's especially.

Sorry, that boli is an abomination, lol. Chicken, florets of broccoli, mozzarella cheese, and honey mustard - the only ingredient in that mess that should be in a boli is the cheese.

But not as bad as Mario Batali's boli, which they apparently renamed the Man vs. Food boli (guess they've disavowed Mario after his sexual harrassment and assault charges - still not resolved, but he apologized for some of his behaviors, so it's not like this is all made up stuff): Brie, cheddar, sautéed onions, onions, spinach, tomatoes, garlic, steak, chicken & ancho chipotle sauce.

Edit: I had this wrong - was never the Batali boli - Richman made it up on the spot in that 2009 episode of Man vs. Food. Still sucks as a boli, IMO.
That boli has a serious identity crisis.

Krispy's is very good and the OB still uses Patti's recipes/oven, from what I've been told (although not aware of any sausage issue). Filippo's is still good and of the newer places, Fatto Americano makes really good "gourmet" pizzas, as does Panico's (not that new). I also really like PJs on Easton.
Greg from OB chimed in on a pizza thread a few years ago and confirmed that he did not have the Pattis sausage bar pie recipe but if anyone could dig it up he’d reintroduce it. It was awesome!

It's still just as good - ate there on Sunday - had the pepperoni/sausage boli and wife had the 4-cheese. As I just said in another thread, I've eaten there more than any other place, by far (guessing over 600 times)...

That's a lot of boli's there fatty. LOL

As great as SYF is, who else was obsessed with Roli Boli at the Freehold mall?

I recently had the pulled pork boli which seemed odd but it was dynamite. The BBQ sauce was great

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT