ADVERTISEMENT

“We want Greg” chant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good let's cheer for a guy who never won a Big East title while he was here and lest we forget also lost to Buffalo (never mind Villanova, New Hampshire, Navy, etc). We can do better.
Those losses happened in ‘02, ‘02, ‘04 and ‘04 respectively. GS also beat #3 and #2 in the country in consecutive years, but I guess that’s not as grabby. Wake me up when CA beats anyone in the top 75. While I don’t think there should be an embarrassing outpouring on Sat, id welcome GS in a heartbeat.

Don't do this. This isn't going to help the players and recruits will be there. What a way to turn off prospective recruits and help push us even lower next year because of the horable game day expirience that the recruits have. Ash isn't getting fired because of his contract.
Get ready for the "Mrs. Ash" accusations. Surprised "Ashie" has not been thrown around.

I agree with you.
Signed,
A Reformed Floodie and Budding Ashie

recruiting is the answer. Ash going nowhere until his contract is completed. RU not going to pay the money. BTW. not in a coma, but did take a nap today.

How can Ash or ANY coach that coaches at RU recruit better...often times our coaches have recruited against other teams coaches, other teams fans, our NJ taxpayers and most importantly....our coach has to recruit against our own fans....this is the reason we can never make into the B1G.

0527-remembering-gregg-allman-primary-400x300.jpg

the fact that people are talking about chanting a future coach or wearing brown/black paper bags because we are a young team that is underachieving while not enjoying the build is nonsensical...better days are ahead..

the fact that people are talking about chanting a future coach or wearing brown/black paper bags because we are a young team that is underachieving while not enjoying the build is nonsensical...better days are ahead..
Since 1984 I've heard this same song and dance a lot about Rutgers coaches and only one time did it come to fruition.

Reactions: goru1869
Great. Another way to be embarrassed by my alma mater.
you're right, that would embarrass your alma mater.... not the terrible coaching decisions by ASH, but people chanting for a coach they loved and want back..... you are right, sorry... that would embarrass RU..... DA!

Please don't do this. Vent your concerns to the administration, not in front of recruits
Why would the administration care? RU is in the B1G. The admins are comfortable cashing their own paychecks. I see them making more excuses. Fans will just become more apathetic or angry. I have already gone the former route because of Flood. Ash has just made things worse.

Oh please! Incredibly idiotic idea. No matter how bad the situation...…….support the team and coach on game day.
What happens when the team has a bad game, practice or incident and the members of the football team,
goes on this board and read this constant crap? What if a player is on the bubble and reads this SHI and realizes
that even the fans hate their own team, do start to lean towards a transfer.

Reactions: hiwater
i just hope people don't boo Sitkowski when he comes in. And I don't want to hear I'm really booing the coach.
Booing never gets a player to play better nor will it change a coaches mind to play/bench a player. If you feel the need to boo stay home.

What happens when the team has a bad game, practice or incident and the members of the football team,
goes on this board and read this constant crap? What if a player is on the bubble and reads this SHI and realizes
that even the fans hate their own team, do start to lean towards a transfer.
Why did you choose to reply to a post from a year ago and bump this thread to the top?

Reactions: RutgHoops
Loser chant for a coach that quit on us and quit on the Patriots
lmfao,loser poster who bashes a Coach that goes to NFL,the pinnacle of his profession.
I guess if your boss offered you to become CEO or president of your company you would decline and stay in shipping and receiving department?
Salty Tears by you.

lmfao,loser poster who bashes a Coach that goes to NFL,the pinnacle of his profession.
I guess if your boss offered you to become CEO or president of your company you would decline and stay in shipping and receiving department?
Salty Tears by you.
Where he had no success, what is your excuse for him quitting the Patriots.

Reactions: tico brown
First, it's way too early for such a chant. Let's see a few games play out. Been saying there's talent here and it may outplay whatever coaching may be holding it back. Think things could fall ok if first few games get off to a solid start.

"heard sobbering news today that as of now Schiano still pissed the way he was treated last go around by Hobbs when Ash was hired."

Disappointing to see the above, but not surprising. Appeared somewhat clear that Hobbs wanted no part of GS and wanted his own stamp, whether that was better for RU or not. Hate to think that Hobbs has been so all in on Ash because he fears the GS alum requests and does not want a strong person in that role. Ash is and has been clearly one under Hobbs' thumb.

This season again may break better but 4 wins in year 4 is not the result for a prolonged future.

Alums, supporters etc at some point may need to stress to Hobbs that he needs to do what is best for RU, whether or not it makes him the most comfortable. Hobbs made the comfortable for him decision last time. Next time he may not be given that latitude, and likely he should not be. Just like GS was and Hobbs and Ash are now-they are caretakers for RU -temporary despite any tenure length- and the school's best interest need to be front and center.

Reactions: BlockR
Booing never gets a player to play better nor will it change a coaches mind to play/bench a player. If you feel the need to boo stay home.

The only reason I would condone booing is if a player is just going through the motions and isn't making an effort.

Reactions: RUScrew85
First, it's way too early for such a chant. Let's see a few games play out. Been saying there's talent here and it may outplay whatever coaching may be holding it back. Think things could fall ok if first few games get off to a solid start.

"heard sobbering news today that as of now Schiano still pissed the way he was treated last go around by Hobbs when Ash was hired."

Disappointing to see the above, but not surprising. Appeared somewhat clear that Hobbs wanted no part of GS and wanted his own stamp, whether that was better for RU or not. Hate to think that Hobbs has been so all in on Ash because he fears the GS alum requests and does not want a strong person in that role. Ash is and has been clearly one under Hobbs' thumb.

This season again may break better but 4 wins in year 4 is not the result for a prolonged future.

Alums, supporters etc at some point may need to stress to Hobbs that he needs to do what is best for RU, whether or not it makes him the most comfortable. Hobbs made the comfortable for him decision last time. Next time he may not be given that latitude, and likely he should not be. Just like GS was and Hobbs and Ash are now-they are caretakers for RU -temporary despite any tenure length- and the school's best interest need to be front and center.
This is where the thinking turns to when Gregg Brown steps in and lets Hobbs know Ash was his hire last time,now Hobbs takes some input on the next hire.

This is where the thinking turns to when Gregg Brown steps in and lets Hobbs know Ash was his hire last time,now Hobbs takes some input on the next hire.
For the millionth time, it is Greg Brown. You most certainly have never met him or talked to him
Steps in an lets Hobbs know? You do realize that it was Greg Brown who was all in on Ash, and Ash was flown here on Greg's private plane? So, it was with Greg's input that Ash was hired. How do you explain that one, genius?

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2015/12/rutgers_expected_to_hire_chris_ash_as_head_coach_p.html
"Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez is friends with Rutgers board of governors chairman Greg Brown. Brown watched Rutgers' 48-10 loss at Wisconsin on Oct. 31 in Alvarez' suite, according to a person with knowledge of the situation."

Poll in the linked story showed 80% of fans were happy with Ash's hire at the time.

https://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/2015/12/chris_ash_it_all_started_when_his_car_broke_down_o.html
"When he travels to Piscataway for his introduction on Monday, Ash likely will be traveling in style -- probably in Board of Governors chairman Greg Brown's corporate jet."

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...ired-rutgers-football-coach-2m-deal/76882874/
"Greg Brown, chairman of the Board of Governors, and Ken Schmidt, chairman of the board's Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics, were part of the interview process along with new Athletic Director Pat Hobbs and an outside search firm."

#BlockERROR

Reactions: shields
Naaaa may not be the best look. I agree the team is terrible, and it’s frustrating as hell, but Ash is a good guy and is working hard, he’s just not getting it right. Im certainly not saying he should get an A for effort, just that there’s no need to insult the guy.

You mean like he did when he sh*t all over RU and tradition when he got here? Yeah, great guy let''s name the Men's rooms after him!

I’m starting it on Saturday, followed by Greg Sch-ia-no clap clap clap clap clap

Imagine being this guy. Satisfaction from life is derived by chanting about a coach who ditched us bc he is sad that we are losing.

I assume your wife chants for her ex-boyfriend?

Imagine being this guy. Satisfaction from life is derived by chanting about a coach who ditched us bc he is sad that we are losing.

I assume your wife chants for her ex-boyfriend?

What are you talking about? He left to become a HC in the NFL! Do you not like to see people succeed?
As for the ex-boyfriend thing that could be a whole new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT