ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball -14 point favorites to SFA

The way Pike was talking up SFA on the radio show the other night, it sounded like we would be 14 point underdogs!! Coach said he added a few things in practice to help team prep for this game... hopefully one of them closing out and contesting threes and feeding Myles against undersized bigs. We need a W and show signs just how good we can be.

Reactions: ColonelRutgers
I saw -13 today and was surprised only because of the build up SFA has been getting on this site. Get it done!

With a faster pace, look for Young and possibly Mathis to have a breakout game.

With a faster pace, look for Young and possibly Mathis to have a breakout game.
Disagree. SFA forces the most turnovers of any team in america and jacob young turns the ball over significantly more than any guard on our roster. Id play JY like 12 mins max tonight

Disagree. SFA forces the most turnovers of any team in america and jacob young turns the ball over significantly more than any guard on our roster. Id play JY like 12 mins max tonight
You may be right. I’m picturing JY, who is a quick lefty who is “different” to defend, slashing up court at top speed and taking it to the rim. We’ll see.

I will say this, if they push the pace, go for steals, try to force turnovers and fail, guys like Ron, Tez, Jacob, Geo and Caleb will bury them on breakouts, lay-ins, and dunks.

Also if SFA fails at turning us over, they may end up fouling us a lot, so we’d better be ready to knock down FTs.

I just want a win. I never take any team for granted. I am concerned a bit about the frantic pace they play at. If anything this might prepare us for our future games against Illinois.

Interestingly enough, I went to 4 different Books here and not 1 posted any odds on this game. :cry:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT