ADVERTISEMENT

2 N.J. wrestling champions opting out of state tournament to compete in national event

I really want Mullen bad for Heavy. He wants to play football as well so it's a good thing Schiano and Goodale are friends and would probably allow the same arrangements Kyonte has for Mullen.

We'll never know who the real NJ heavyweight champ is between him and Szuba. That's a bit disappointing especially since he could be a 4timer.

Does Mullen also want to play football or does he also want to wrestle? In other words, which sport is his greater passion? I think I remember someone saying he would be dedicated to football. I wonder if anyone knows what the kid himself is thinking.

Sucks that they have to make that choice. Was there a schedule change for NJ states that caused the conflict?
State tournament usually takes place in the first week of March. This year dude to covid, I don’t think teams were even allowed to practice for the first time until the first week of March.

He's only a Sophomore right now and who knows what route will be his priority...When he sees Gable Steveson making 7 figures next couple of years maybe he will think about staying on Mat... Nothing is a Guarantee

State tournament usually takes place in the first week of March. This year dude to covid, I don’t think teams were even allowed to practice for the first time until the first week of March.
Ah, I figured something covid caused. Chalk up something else that covid screwed up.

I know Casale is not that unusual of a name, but is he related to pro tennis player Pam Casale or Montclair State QB Mark Casale who was with the USFL and Chicago Bears for a bit ? Both were from New Jersey.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT