ADVERTISEMENT

Football 2018 RFootball roster

Jutwreten 6'5 250. Hear he's very strong. I'm picking him as a sleeper.

Wow how bad is that DLine. Good god.
Not a whole lot of depth. Next year is going to be rough. This year though we have some solid players. It's not going to be the strength but not as bad as you think.

Wow how bad is that DLine. Good god.
Based on a photo of a piece of paper? The guys who played last year and are coming back did well and should be better this year. Even Wilkins may improve though he played very well and is probably close to his ceiling. Everyone else gets better. That’s how it works in college football.

Reactions: rutgers48
I think the 2018 Line will be fine, Wilkins and Bateky are both 300, plus I think Turner will be very good. Need at least two DT in 2019 class

Based on a photo of a piece of paper? The guys who played last year and are coming back did well and should be better this year. Even Wilkins may improve though he played very well and is probably close to his ceiling. Everyone else gets better. That’s how it works in college football.

I get fans are loyal/blind to reality. I used to be like that. But sucking for years makes you kind of grow out of that and open your eyes.

There’s basically no talent on the DL at all. Let’s be real here, man.

Reactions: 78CollegeAve
I get fans are loyal/blind to reality. I used to be like that. But sucking for years makes you kind of grow out of that and open your eyes.

Even if true, this is a weird thread to whine about that. Wilkins, bateky and previlon have showed they are more than capable. Lumor too. Mason and tverdov were injured last year.

Reactions: rutgers48

Kevin Wilkins will be drafted.

Reactions: rubaseball78

Funny I'm optimistic on the d line in 2018.

LBs and Secondary look fine too.

Can the o score points with a true frosh qb? That's where my concern is.

Future DL doesn’t look bad if these guys develop. I’m more concerned about this. Wrong position, correct?

CHRISTIAN IZIEN
  • POSITION

OL
  • HEIGHT

5-10
  • WEIGHT

• CLASS

Freshman
  • HOMETOWN

Brooklyn, N.Y.
  • HIGHSCHOOL

Erasmus Hall

Last edited:
Wilkins, Bateky and Previllion are solid and in the 295 to 305 range. Turner's undersized but played alot last season and will be better, the same with Lumor. The 4 redshirt freshman d- lineman will have to step up to provide adequate depth. Who knows what Manny Taylor can do.

Funny I'm optimistic on the d line in 2018.

LBs and Secondary look fine too.

Can the o score points with a true frosh qb? That's where my concern is.
Secondary looks very good. This could be a top 40 defense if they stay healthy.

I didn’t mean to hijack this into negativity and for that I apologize. I love Rutgers football very much. But I’m just disappointed in the direction of this team and it’s honestly lackluster recruiting since Greg left (let’s be real here). That being said I hope I’m proven wrong. But we desperately, desperately need impact help along both lines. We’re decent on the outside. But the lines, particularly DLine, concern me greatly.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I didn’t mean to hijack this into negativity and for that I apologize. I love Rutgers football very much. But I’m just disappointed in the direction of this team and it’s honestly lackluster recruiting since Greg left (let’s be real here). That being said I hope I’m proven wrong. But we desperately, desperately need impact help along both lines. We’re decent on the outside. But the lines, particularly DLine, concern me greatly.

Recruiting has drop off significantly and has never recovered to the Greg Schiano levels.
It was a disaster under Flood and has only improved slightly under Ash.. The jury is still out on whether Ash can turn it around [we all hope so] if not his inability to recruit will determine his future.

This is an issue a lot across college football. The powers like Ohio State or Alabama for example get the standout DL. There are a lot more skill players around than good DL.

Reactions: NewJerseyGuy
Could have been put in a slightly better way but I think it’s a universally shared concern by the knowledgeable non-homer RU football fans that recruiting for the most part along both lines has been lacking...we will see THIS year how good the development program under Ash is because there will be quite a few lightly recruited kids starting on the OLine and manning the DLine 2 deep rotation

Reactions: 78CollegeAve

Is 3 years a long time for you? If you don’t want to be a fan of RU I get it but your post before a down is played is just ignorant. If you are 12 I get it. If you are over 60 I also get it. I will at least wait to watch some games.

Reactions: Section124
This is an issue a lot across college football. The powers like Ohio State or Alabama for example get the standout DL. There are a lot more skill players around than good DL.

Agreed.

I am no x and o expert and I have only been following recruiting closely since Schiano arrived, but this has been a theme since I’ve been paying attention.

I’d imagine his technique has a lot of refining to do and he probably needs more game like reps...any idea what the competition is like for these kids coming from Sweeden?

Probably not great. Redshirt him for a year and get him up to 265, with good technique

Reactions: JCKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT