ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Baseball Team

From a pitching stand point, I’m a little worried. John O’Reilly graduated and I don’t see Eric Heatter on the roster. Anyone know what happened to Heatter?

From a pitching stand point, I’m a little worried. John O’Reilly graduated and I don’t see Eric Heatter on the roster. Anyone know what happened to Heatter?
Someone posted before that both he and Kiernan were gone for good after showing great promise in their freshman years.

Someone posted before that both he and Kiernan were gone for good after showing great promise in their freshman years.
Oh great! Half a step forward, five steps backs. We don’t have enough talent to lose both of them. That’s unfortunate. Must have been something stupid

we are run by an asbolute joke of a head coach. Until litterio is fired not much will happen in baseball. He has two assistants that are massively better. He is hated in nj recruiting. There is no excuse to not be a regular contender in the big ten. litterio never should have been hire. He has coached what four seasons and has the two worst records in the history of rutgers baseball.

That said the offense should be decent. Interesting to see if neglia returns. If rutkoski can take a step we had a chance with heater and colin. Without them we dont have close to enough pitching.

Reactions: biazza38
That said the offense should be decent. Interesting to see if neglia returns. If rutkoski can take a step we had a chance with heater and colin. Without them we dont have close to enough pitching.
I am pretty sure that the same poster said that Neglia would be back.

I also recall that they had recruited a big left-handed hitting first baseman transfer from Charleston who was supposed to be really good. It seems he is now off the roster without even having played.

I also recall that they had recruited a big left-handed hitting first baseman transfer from Charleston who was supposed to be really good. It seems he is now off the roster without even having played.
Good lord, what a mess

Heater is a big loss. Hes at brookdale after getting into some trouble last yr
Ugh. We’re toast this year. I don’t see it. We had zero pitching depth to begin with last year. And now we only return one weekend starter? I noticed one of our commits got drafted, but opted to come to RU. So that’s good

AYN or others, are you hearing anything about parts of the stadiums in Camden and Newark being brought to Piscataway. As far as I know,demolition at the Camden stadium started a few weeks ago. Not sure what the delay is up in Newark with Timber Tower.Anyway, I have been told the actual field at Bainton Field will be repositioned. Maybe we could actually put up light and have extravagant things like concession stands and bathrooms like most Little League fields have (ugh !!!). I can't imagine a recruit's face when he and his parents see the current Rutgers "ballpark".

AYN or others, are you hearing anything about parts of the stadiums in Camden and Newark being brought to Piscataway. As far as I know,demolition at the Camden stadium started a few weeks ago. Not sure what the delay is up in Newark with Timber Tower.Anyway, I have been told the actual field at Bainton Field will be repositioned. Maybe we could actually put up light and have extravagant things like concession stands and bathrooms like most Little League fields have (ugh !!!). I can't imagine a recruit's face when he and his parents see the current Rutgers "ballpark".

You’ve brought this up a few times BUT I have never heard a single word about us doing such thing. Maybe they will, who knows, but you got me!

As far as “repositioning the field” I sure hope so don’t he batters currently FACE the sun?? Only at Rutgers lol!

He’s next HC to get the axe. Gone before CWS is over.
he shouldnt be here now both assistants would be fine interim coaches. Taken a fine north program and turning it into a joke. Now with the indoor facility and some more money clearly for uniforms and operations staff no excuse to have litterio here. It is like ash nothing worth doing until litterio is gone.

It is really crazy we dont have a stadium. There is not a worse facility in all of college baseball. Many hs have better facilities. We need a really grandstand lights and concessions. We need a real pres box/

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
neglia is on the new roster that is good. Miles is the name of the charleston transfer he seemed to have power and could play of 1b. looked to be a middle of the lineup starter not a good loss.

neglia is on the new roster that is good. Miles is the name of the charleston transfer he seemed to have power and could play of 1b. looked to be a middle of the lineup starter not a good loss.
Do you know what happened to him?

He is hated in nj recruiting.
Why?

Do you know what happened to him?

No though certainly seemed like a quality player and not one you want to lose.
Doesn't look like he did anything in 23 summer league games (AVG .149, H 11, HR 3, RBI 13, SO 22, BB 6), so I wonder if this was a mutual parting of ways:
http://pointstreak.com/baseball/player.html?playerid=1254009.

And the softball field is even worse.

he shouldnt be here now both assistants would be fine interim coaches. Taken a fine north program and turning it into a joke. Now with the indoor facility and some more money clearly for uniforms and operations staff no excuse to have litterio here. It is like ash nothing worth doing until litterio is gone.

If you follow this athletic department Remotely close you’ll know that there is no way he was getting fired before the season. Wait until the end of the season and CLEAN HOUSE then make the right hire.

Reactions: bigmatt718
AYN,
About the Athletic Department acquiring parts of the stadium in Newark, someone VERY high up (not Hobbs or Baumgarter) in the department told me this face to face. We were shooting the breeze before a basketball game if I remember correctly, and I said something like I wish we could put the Newark stadium and the Meadowlands Arena on flatbed trucks and drive them down to Piscataway and that is when he told me they had already been in touch with the people up in Newark. I do not know what the hold up is demolishing it since there is a 1.7 billion dollar residential and office building that has already been announced for the site. Heck, I have a pick up truck. If someone will help me, I will start bringing the scoreboard down this weekend !

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
If you follow this athletic department Remotely close you’ll know that there is no way he was getting fired before the season. Wait until the end of the season and CLEAN HOUSE then make the right hire.
Yeah that is how the will handle it if they do. It doesnt change the fact that he never should be hired and should have been fired already. Just having bad prodcedures doesnt mean supporting bad

AYN,
About the Athletic Department acquiring parts of the stadium in Newark, someone VERY high up (not Hobbs or Baumgarter) in the department told me this face to face. We were shooting the breeze before a basketball game if I remember correctly, and I said something like I wish we could put the Newark stadium and the Meadowlands Arena on flatbed trucks and drive them down to Piscataway and that is when he told me they had already been in touch with the people up in Newark. I do not know what the hold up is demolishing it since there is a 1.7 billion dollar residential and office building that has already been announced for the site. Heck, I have a pick up truck. If someone will help me, I will start bringing the scoreboard down this weekend !
Maybe they can find some seats from the old Yankee Stadium on Ebay while they are at it. $$$$

we are run by an asbolute joke of a head coach. Until litterio is fired not much will happen in baseball. He has two assistants that are massively better. He is hated in nj recruiting. There is no excuse to not be a regular contender in the big ten. litterio never should have been hire. He has coached what four seasons and has the two worst records in the history of rutgers baseball.
What makes him so hated?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT